Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA
Nicholas Janiga is a Partner in the Denver office.
Janiga leads the firm’s business valuation and capital assets valuation service lines. He has been providing his clients analysis and consultation in business valuation, litigation support, intellectual property and healthcare provider compensation relationships since 2006. His experience includes working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, consultants, investment bankers, and private equity groups in connection with a broad spectrum of transactions in the healthcare industry. Many of the transactions he analyzes involve Stark, Anti-Kickback, IRC 501(c)(3), and other regulatory implications, which requires analysis of fair market value and the determination of commercial reasonableness. He also has experience providing expert testimony in deposition and trial settings.
Janiga is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation through the American Society of Appraisers. He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. In 2018 he was recognized by the American Society of Appraisers as a “Rising Star” in the industry, and by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the healthcare industry’s “90 Healthcare Leaders Under 40.”
- Business Valuation
- Capital Assets Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University | Grand Rapids, MI
- Bachelor of Business Administration | Majors: Finance and Economics; Minor: Accounting
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation, American Society of Appraisers (February 2014)
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, ARM201: Appraisal Review and Management (October 2018)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 2016-2017 OnDemand 7-Hour Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice for Business Valuation (November 2017)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Multidisciplinary Advanced Education in Healthcare Valuation Program (April 2016)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV302: Special Topics in the Valuation of Intangible Assets (June 2013)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV301: Valuation of Intangible Assets (May 2013)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV203: Business Valuation Case Study (March 2012)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV204: Advanced Topics in Business Valuation (January 2012)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV202: Introduction to Business Valuation Part II (October 2011)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (August 2011)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation Part I (January 2011)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (September 2010)
- Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst program (June 2008)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
- Urgent Care Association (UCA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Analyst | Adamy Valuation Advisors
- Analyst | Stout Risius Ross
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...