Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA
Nicholas Janiga is a Partner in the Denver office.
Janiga leads the firm’s business valuation and capital assets valuation service lines. He has been providing his clients analysis and consultation in business valuation, litigation support, intellectual property and healthcare provider compensation relationships since 2006. His experience includes working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, consultants, investment bankers, and private equity groups in connection with a broad spectrum of transactions in the healthcare industry. Many of the transactions he analyzes involve Stark, Anti-Kickback, IRC 501(c)(3), and other regulatory implications, which requires analysis of fair market value and the determination of commercial reasonableness. He also has experience providing expert testimony in deposition and trial settings.
Janiga is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation through the American Society of Appraisers. He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. In 2018 he was recognized by the American Society of Appraisers as a “Rising Star” in the industry, and by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the healthcare industry’s “90 Healthcare Leaders Under 40.”
- Business Valuation
- Capital Assets Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University | Grand Rapids, MI
- Bachelor of Business Administration | Majors: Finance and Economics; Minor: Accounting
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation, American Society of Appraisers (February 2014)
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, ARM201: Appraisal Review and Management (October 2018)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 2016-2017 OnDemand 7-Hour Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice for Business Valuation (November 2017)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Multidisciplinary Advanced Education in Healthcare Valuation Program (April 2016)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV302: Special Topics in the Valuation of Intangible Assets (June 2013)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV301: Valuation of Intangible Assets (May 2013)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV203: Business Valuation Case Study (March 2012)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV204: Advanced Topics in Business Valuation (January 2012)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV202: Introduction to Business Valuation Part II (October 2011)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (August 2011)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation Part I (January 2011)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (September 2010)
- Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst program (June 2008)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
- Urgent Care Association (UCA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Analyst | Adamy Valuation Advisors
- Analyst | Stout Risius Ross
Recent Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Enforcement Actions Highlight the Importance of the Valuator’s Role
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDF MODERNIZING MEDICINE On November 1, 2022, the U.S. Department of Justice (“DOJ”) filed a complaint, intervening in a 2017 whistleblower lawsuit, against a South Florida electronic health...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CARE Physician practice acquisition activity has been robust for many years, resulting in a change in the composition of physician employment and...
Author: Matthew J. Milliron, CVA, MBA Download the PDFORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROVIDER COMPENSATION PROFESSIONALS Although commercial reasonableness has been a key concept in healthcare regulation since 1998, it was not until 2021 that it...
Authors: Andrew Worthington and James R. Hills, CPA/ABV Download the PDFORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROVIDER COMPENSATION PROFESSIONALS HOSPITAL-BASED CARE Due to requirements set forth by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor ACT...
Authors: Erica Jacobovitz, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDFThe Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) has long provided a uniform, consistent schedule for determining the payment rates for individual physician services. The MPFS is regularly updated by...
Renaissance Orlando at Sea World, Orlando, FL HealthCare Appraisers is a proud Gold Sponsor. ABOUT THE INSTITUTE In-house and outside counsel, compliance officers, privacy officers, reimbursement specialists, accountants, consultants, and others who advise physicians...
February 2-4, 2023 | Sarasota, FL HealthCare Appraisers will be attending the Hall Render Practical Health Retreat 2023. Programming will be tailored specifically for health care executive leaders and leadership teams. Sessions will be led by national health care...
March 1-3, 2023 | San Diego, CA HealthCare Appraisers will be attending the 2023 National Investment Center (NIC) for Senior Housing & Care 2023 Spring Conference. The National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3)...
March 4-6, 2023 | San Antonio, TX HealthCare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #1306. Join like-minded and motivated stakeholders and decision-makers at ATA2023 to talk telehealth. This is not a healthcare conference dabbling in virtual care. ATA2023 is the...