Matthew J. Muller, ASA
Matthew Muller is a Director in the Denver office.
Muller has been providing his clients analysis and consultation in business valuation, intellectual property, litigation support, and healthcare provider compensation relationships since 2010. His experience includes working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, consultants, investment bankers, and private equity groups in connection with transactions in the healthcare industry. Many of the transactions he analyzes involve Stark, Anti-Kickback, IRC 501(c)(3), and/or other regulatory implications, which requires analysis of fair market value and the determination of commercial reasonableness.
Muller is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation through the American Society of Appraisers, and is a Board member and former President for Denver Chapter 12 of Region 4 of the American Society of Appraisers. In 2019 he was recognized by the American Society of Appraisers as a Rising Star in the industry, and in 2022 as Chapter Member of the Year. He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University.
- Business Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation, American Society of Appraisers (June 2015)
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV401: CEIV Course – Valuation for Financial Reporting (September 2020)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV301: Valuation of Intangible Assets (September 2016)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV204: Advanced Topics in Business Valuation (January 2014)
- Certificate Program in Accounting at Metropolitan State University of Denver (2013)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV203: Business Valuation Case Study (June 2012)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV202: Introduction to Business Valuation Part II (January 2012)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (“USPAP”) (October 2011)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (June 2011)
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation Part I (January 2011)
- Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst program (2007)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Senior Commercial Credit Analyst, PNC Bank
- Commercial Credit Analyst, Bank of America
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...