Daniel I. Levin, CFA
Daniel Levin is a Manager in the Denver office.
Levin assists in a wide variety of healthcare valuation assignments. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he worked in Equity Research providing investment analysis on publicly-traded healthcare companies to hedge fund and mutual fund clients. Levin’s past experience also includes an internship at the Cleveland Clinic working on the Revenue Cycle Management team in the finance department.
Levin graduated summa cum laude from Florida Atlantic University in 2013 where he earned a Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with a double minor in Economics and Political Science. He has been a CFA charterholder since September 2017, and has been published in a leading valuation-industry trade publication.
- Business Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Quarterly Insights Newsletter, Quarter 4, 2018. Edited by Daniel I. Levin with contributions from Nicholas J. Janiga, Andrea Ferrari and Luis A. Argueso, April 2019.
- FMVantage Quarterly Insights Newsletter, Quarter 3, 2018. Edited by Daniel I. Levin with contributions from Nicholas J. Janiga, Andrea Ferrari and Luis A. Argueso, January 2019.
- FMVantage Quarterly Insights Newsletter, Quarter 2, 2018. Edited by Daniel I. Levin with contributions from Nicholas J. Janiga, October 2018.
- Freeze the Fat, Heath-Up the Multiple: A Discussion of Valuations in the Healthcare Space, The Value Examiner, July/August 2018.
- FMVantage Quarterly Insights Newsletter, Quarter 1, 2018. Edited by Daniel I. Levin with contributions from Nicholas J. Janiga, Mathew J. Milliron and Luis A. Argueso, May 2018.
- FMVantage Point: 42 Million Reasons to Consider FMV in Marketing Arrangements, co-authored with Nicholas J. Janiga, November 10, 2017.
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, Bachelor of Arts – Major: Interdisciplinary Studies, Minors: Economics and Political Science (summa cum laude)
- Completed Level III of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2017)
- Completed Level II of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2016)
- Completed Level I of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2015)
- Illinois BarAmerican Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Equity Research Associate, Northcoast Research
- Intern, Cleveland Clinic
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Author: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH and Jamie McIntyre, JD Originally published by the American Health Lawyers Association in the October 2019 Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law. ABSTRACT: In 21st century health care, the nature and terms of contracts...
Author: Robert Kurtz with Commentary from Matthew J. Muller, ASA. Published by The ASCA Journal October 2019. The ASC industry is a hotbed of transaction activity. That activity is helping to drive up the value of facilities and likely spurring the development...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Kristina Kheyfets and David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF A recent ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit may put new focus on the importance of documenting fair market value (“FMV”) in transactions between...
Authors: C.J. Laird, MEd and Brandon J. Billeaudeau, MPA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) issued preliminary proposed changes to the Physician Self-Referral Law (“Stark Law”) and the Federal Anti-Kickback...
Jan 23 | Webinar: Structuring Healthcare Management Arrangements: Corporate Practice of Medicine, Regulatory Compliance
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers’ Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:00pm-2:30pm EST, 10:00am-11:30am PST This CLE webinar will provide guidance to counsel involved in structuring healthcare...