Ciara A. Kerney
Ciara Kerney is a Senior Associate in the Denver office.
Kerney assists in a wide variety of projects on the capital assets team. Prior to joining the capital assets team, Kerney worked on projects on both the business valuation and compensation valuation teams. Kerney also previously worked for a large nonprofit healthcare system as a Senior Analyst on the system Strategy and Planning team where she focused on long-term strategic planning initiatives at both the system and regional levels. In addition, she led quantitative and qualitative analyses to generate business insights and evaluate opportunities related to new programs and clinical service offerings, developed competitive assessments of healthcare related providers and activities in the Colorado market, and collaborated with colleagues from strategy, finance, and other program teams to identify data driven opportunities to add value to new and existing projects.
Kerney graduated from Rhodes College where she was a Commerce and Business Major (dual concentration in Finance; Marketing) and minored in Psychology and Religious Studies.
- Capital Assets Valuation
- Business Valuation
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Navigating Ambulance Transport Arrangements and Transactions, co-authored with Hunter A. Wolfel and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, November 9, 2023
- 2023 Outlook for Medical Diagnostic Imaging Equipment: Appraisal Considerations When Determining Fair Market Value of Gamma Cameras, co-authored with Kirsten Hodges, ASA, and Jeff Doyle, ASA, August 23, 2023
- 2023 Outlook for Medical Diagnostic Imaging Equipment: Appraisal Considerations When Determining Fair Market Value of an MRI Machine, co-authored with Kirsten Hodges, ASA and Jeffrey Doyle, ASA, July 25, 2023
- Reimbursement Analyses: Analyzing the Impact of Provider Collaboration (co-authors with David Y. Lo, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA), FMVantage Point, September 17, 2020
- Identifying Successful Turnaround Strategies for Struggling Rural Hospitals, poster presentation with Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, CFA, Luis A. Argueso, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA. National Rural Health Association 43rd Annual Rural Health Conference, June 17-19, 2020
- Ambulance Arrangements: Swapping FMV for Fortune (co-authors with Hunter A. Wolfel and Luis A. Argueso), FMVantage Point, April 27, 2020
- Distressed Hospitals – Transactions and Trends (co-authors Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA and Matthew J. Muller, ASA), FMVantage Point, March 30, 2020
- Rhodes College | Memphis, Tennessee
- University of Antwerp | Antwerp, Belgium
- Belgium Maymester – Advanced International Business Cases
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation – Market Approach
- American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (“USPAP”)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam
- American Society of Appraisers’ course, ME201: Introduction to Machinery & Equipment Valuation
- American Society of Appraisers’ course, ME202: Machinery & Equipment Valuation Methodology
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cardinal Health | Senior Financial Analyst
- UCHealth | Senior Analyst, Strategy & Planning
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...