Ciara A. Kerney
Phone: (303) 688-0700
Direct: (303) 628-5280
Ciara Kerney is a Senior Associate in the Denver office.
Kerney assists in a wide variety of projects on the capital assets team. Prior to joining the capital assets team, Kerney worked on projects on both the business valuation and compensation valuation teams. Kerney also previously worked for a large nonprofit healthcare system as a Senior Analyst on the system Strategy and Planning team where she focused on long-term strategic planning initiatives at both the system and regional levels. In addition, she led quantitative and qualitative analyses to generate business insights and evaluate opportunities related to new programs and clinical service offerings, developed competitive assessments of healthcare related providers and activities in the Colorado market, and collaborated with colleagues from strategy, finance, and other program teams to identify data driven opportunities to add value to new and existing projects.
Kerney graduated from Rhodes College where she was a Commerce and Business Major (dual concentration in Finance; Marketing) and minored in Psychology and Religious Studies.
- Capital Assets Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Reimbursement Analyses: Analyzing the Impact of Provider Collaboration (co-authors with David Y. Lo, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA), FMVantage Point, September 17, 2020
- Identifying Successful Turnaround Strategies for Struggling Rural Hospitals, poster presentation with Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, CFA, Luis A. Argueso, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA. National Rural Health Association 43rd Annual Rural Health Conference, June 17-19, 2020
- Ambulance Arrangements: Swapping FMV for Fortune (co-authors with Hunter A. Wolfel and Luis A. Argueso), FMVantage Point, April 27, 2020
- Distressed Hospitals – Transactions and Trends (co-authors Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA and Matthew J. Muller, ASA), FMVantage Point, March 30, 2020
- Rhodes College | Memphis, Tennessee
- University of Antwerp | Antwerp, Belgium
- Belgium Maymester – Advanced International Business Cases
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation – Market Approach
- American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (“USPAP”)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cardinal Health | Senior Financial Analyst
- UCHealth | Senior Analyst, Strategy & Planning
HealthCare Appraisers Announces Expansion of Automated FMV Solutions™ Suite
Seven New Web-Based Applications Now Available BOCA RATON, Fla., May 17, 2023 – HealthCare Appraisers, a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, has released seven new, custom fair market value (FMV) calculators, making the company’s pioneering...
ASC Valuation, Transaction, and Industry Trends in 2023
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Benjamin Cloutier, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF ASC VALUATION, TRANSACTION, AND INDUSTRY TRENDS IN 2023 The ambulatory surgery center (ASC) sector has been an attractive one for healthcare investors in recent years....
Ensuring Compliance Post COVID-19
Authors: Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPHOverview On May 11, 2023, the federal Public Health Emergency (“PHE”) waivers put in place three years ago will expire. These waivers, enacted pursuant to Section 1135 of the Social Security Act, 42 USC § 1320b-5,...
Surgical Tools of the Trade: Derivatives in Healthcare Transactions
Authors: Jordan A Zoeller, MAcc, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFWhile equity interest transactions and outright acquisitions are the most common pathways to acquiring a desirable healthcare business or asset, many healthcare businesses are approaching...
Industry Outlook: Orthopedic Practices and Ancillary Services
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFOrthopedic practices have long generated interest from outside buyers, including hospitals and health systems, and more recently, private equity firms. There are many rationales and factors...
Jun 12 | SSM Health Foundation Open
June 12, 2023 | Norwood Hills Country Club HealthCare Appraisers is a proud event supporter. Join us for a day of golf and supporting local health care initiatives while connecting with corporate community members. Register a team or become a sponsor now for the 8th...
June 13-14 | Hi2 Conference
HealthCare Appraisers Partner Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA and Director Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA will be attending. Home Care Innovation + Investment Conference (HI2) . “H.I. Squared” is where providers of home health, personal care and hospice come to buy, sell, procure...