Andrew L. Worthington
Main: (303) 688-0700
Direct: (303) 566-3193
Worthington is a Director in the Dallas office where he assists in a wide variety of projects, including the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation.
Worthington is a national subject matter expert in the valuation of hospital-based compensation arrangements. He has valued hundreds of hospital-based agreements for key service lines such as anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospitalist medicine, critical care, neonatology, and specialty hospitalist programs. With this expertise, Worthington has provided consulting services and cost savings for clients by evaluating staffing efficiency, quality of care, market factors, and contract structures.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Shift-Based Providers and Cost Efficiency: Rethinking the Premise, co-authored with Jim Hills, CPA/ABV, September 8, 2022
- Webinar – Are you subsidizing success? Making the most of your Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements, co-authored with Luis A. Argueso, June 22, 2021
- Not So Fast: Management Fees and Profit Margins in Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements, co-authored with Luis A. Argueso and Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, March 31, 2021
- A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery: Forecasting the 2021 Final Rule and Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements, co-authored wth Luis A. Argueso, March 30, 2021
- 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements, co-authored with Luis A. Argueso, March 10, 2021
- Navigating the RFP Process – Forging the Future of Your Hospital-Based Coverage Contracts, co-authored with Jim Carr, ASA, MBA, February 16, 2021
- Searching for Doctor McDreamy: Specialty Hospitalist Arrangements and Fair Market Value, FMVantage Point, author, November 21, 2017.
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, Bachelor of Arts in Economics
HealthCare Appraisers Announces Expansion of Automated FMV Solutions™ Suite
Seven New Web-Based Applications Now Available BOCA RATON, Fla., May 17, 2023 – HealthCare Appraisers, a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, has released seven new, custom fair market value (FMV) calculators, making the company’s pioneering...
ASC Valuation, Transaction, and Industry Trends in 2023
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Benjamin Cloutier, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF ASC VALUATION, TRANSACTION, AND INDUSTRY TRENDS IN 2023 The ambulatory surgery center (ASC) sector has been an attractive one for healthcare investors in recent years....
Ensuring Compliance Post COVID-19
Authors: Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPHOverview On May 11, 2023, the federal Public Health Emergency (“PHE”) waivers put in place three years ago will expire. These waivers, enacted pursuant to Section 1135 of the Social Security Act, 42 USC § 1320b-5,...
Surgical Tools of the Trade: Derivatives in Healthcare Transactions
Authors: Jordan A Zoeller, MAcc, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFWhile equity interest transactions and outright acquisitions are the most common pathways to acquiring a desirable healthcare business or asset, many healthcare businesses are approaching...
Industry Outlook: Orthopedic Practices and Ancillary Services
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFOrthopedic practices have long generated interest from outside buyers, including hospitals and health systems, and more recently, private equity firms. There are many rationales and factors...
Jun 12 | SSM Health Foundation Open
June 12, 2023 | Norwood Hills Country Club HealthCare Appraisers is a proud event supporter. Join us for a day of golf and supporting local health care initiatives while connecting with corporate community members. Register a team or become a sponsor now for the 8th...
June 13-14 | Hi2 Conference
HealthCare Appraisers Partner Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA and Director Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA will be attending. Home Care Innovation + Investment Conference (HI2) . “H.I. Squared” is where providers of home health, personal care and hospice come to buy, sell, procure...
Jun 14-17 | 2023 TBA Conference
HealthCare Appraisers Manager Alex Houston and Director Nicole M. Jacobsen will be attending. Join your colleagues for the 2023 TBA Annual Convention in Knoxville, TN - June 14-17. On the conference website, find full information on registration and programming. Learn...
Jun 15-17 | Becker’s 20th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC + The Future of Spine Conference
HealthCare Appraisers Director Matthew J. Muller and Senior Associate Bobby Van Dusen will be attending. Spine and orthopedics are thriving in ASCs. The confluence of exciting new technology, payment trends and outpatient migration of surgical procedures during the...