Andrew L. Worthington
Worthington is a Director in the Dallas office where he assists in a wide variety of projects, including the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation.
Worthington is a national subject matter expert in the valuation of hospital-based compensation arrangements. He has valued hundreds of hospital-based agreements for key service lines such as anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospitalist medicine, critical care, neonatology, and specialty hospitalist programs. With this expertise, Worthington has provided consulting services and cost savings for clients by evaluating staffing efficiency, quality of care, market factors, and contract structures.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Shift-Based Providers and Cost Efficiency: Rethinking the Premise, co-authored with Jim Hills, CPA/ABV, September 8, 2022
- Webinar – Are you subsidizing success? Making the most of your Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements, co-authored with Luis A. Argueso, June 22, 2021
- Not So Fast: Management Fees and Profit Margins in Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements, co-authored with Luis A. Argueso and Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, March 31, 2021
- A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery: Forecasting the 2021 Final Rule and Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements, co-authored wth Luis A. Argueso, March 30, 2021
- 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements, co-authored with Luis A. Argueso, March 10, 2021
- Navigating the RFP Process – Forging the Future of Your Hospital-Based Coverage Contracts, co-authored with Jim Carr, ASA, MBA, February 16, 2021
- Searching for Doctor McDreamy: Specialty Hospitalist Arrangements and Fair Market Value, FMVantage Point, author, November 21, 2017.
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...