Nicole M. Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM
Nicole Jacobsen is a Director in the Chicago office.
Jacobsen’s practice focuses on the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation. Before joining HealthCare Appraisers, she worked for various law practices and a major title insurance company in taxation law research and title searches.
Jacobsen earned a Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation from the University of Florida, a Juris Doctor cum laude and Master of Business Administration from Western New England University, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. She is a member of the Wisconsin Bar and the Wisconsin Health Law Section.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- A Review of HealthCare Appraisers’ Forecast – Ongoing Factors Impacting Physician Compensation Survey Data, co-authored with David B. Fink, AM, July 13, 2022
- The Challenges of wRVU-Based Survey Data in an Evolving Healthcare Industry, co-authored with James R. Hills, CPA/ABV, and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, May 11, 2022
- COVID-19’s Effects on Employed Physician Compensation, October, 2020
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL | Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, MA
- Juris Doctor cum laude | Master of Business Administration
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside, Kenosha, WI | Bachelor of Arts, Communication
- Member, Wisconsin Bar
- Wisconsin Bar, Wisconsin Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals (AAPCP)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Law Office of Doulas J. Brunner | Springfield, MA
- First American Title Company | Springfield, MA
- Saia Law Firm | Springfield, MA
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFIn August 2023, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released 2022 Performance Year Financial and Quality Results data related to the Medicare Shared Savings Program...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its 2023 On-Call Summary Review. This publication summarizes key observations in on-call coverage arrangements observed during the past four years, and includes statistics associated with payment and coverage structures from...
Authors: Bobby Van Dusen, MSAQF, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe cardiology sector has experienced a surge in transaction activity in recent years, with the main buy-side participants being private equity-backed physician...
2023 Outlook for Medical Diagnostic Imaging Equipment: Appraisal Considerations When Determining Fair Market Value of Gamma Cameras
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Kirsten Hodges, ASA and Jeffrey Doyle, ASA Download the PDF WHAT IS A GAMMA CAMERA? Nuclear medicine is a subspecialty within radiology that utilizes small amounts of radioactive material in order to assess bodily function and anatomical...
2023 Outlook for Medical Diagnostic Imaging Equipment: Appraisal Considerations When Determining Fair Market Value of Mammography Systems
Authors: Kirsten Hodges, ASA and Jeffrey Doyle, ASA Download the PDF WHAT IS A MAMMOGRAM? A mammogram is a low-dose x-ray image used to screen for and diagnose breast cancer and other diseases and disorders of the breast. Mammography produces images of breast tissue...
September 27-29, 2023 | Baltimore, MD HealthCare Appraisers is proud to serve as a Platinum Sponsor. About the Fraud and Compliance Forum This important program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable...
October 4-6, 2023 | Orlando, FL HealthCare Appraisers is proud to serve as a Bronze Sponsor. Managing Partner Daryl P. Johnson, MAcc, CVA, Partner Hunter M. Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV, and Chief Business Development Officer Richard F. Clarke, Jr. will be in attendance. ...