Nicole M. Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM
Nicole Jacobsen is a Director in the Chicago office.
Jacobsen’s practice focuses on the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation. Before joining HealthCare Appraisers, she worked for various law practices and a major title insurance company in taxation law research and title searches.
Jacobsen earned a Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation from the University of Florida, a Juris Doctor cum laude and Master of Business Administration from Western New England University, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. She is a member of the Wisconsin Bar and the Wisconsin Health Law Section.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- A Review of HealthCare Appraisers’ Forecast – Ongoing Factors Impacting Physician Compensation Survey Data, co-authored with David B. Fink, AM, July 13, 2022
- The Challenges of wRVU-Based Survey Data in an Evolving Healthcare Industry, co-authored with James R. Hills, CPA/ABV, and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, May 11, 2022
- COVID-19’s Effects on Employed Physician Compensation, October, 2020
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL | Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, MA
- Juris Doctor cum laude | Master of Business Administration
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside, Kenosha, WI | Bachelor of Arts, Communication
- Member, Wisconsin Bar
- Wisconsin Bar, Wisconsin Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals (AAPCP)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Law Office of Doulas J. Brunner | Springfield, MA
- First American Title Company | Springfield, MA
- Saia Law Firm | Springfield, MA
Authors: Andrew Worthington and James R. Hills, CPA/ABV Download the PDFORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROVIDER COMPENSATION PROFESSIONALS HOSPITAL-BASED CARE Due to requirements set forth by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor ACT...
Authors: Erica Jacobovitz, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDFThe Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) has long provided a uniform, consistent schedule for determining the payment rates for individual physician services. The MPFS is regularly updated by...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFIn June of 2022, Dan Levin and Nick Janiga attended the Home Care Innovation and Investment Conference in Chicago where we met with and heard from operators and investors in the home care...
Authors: Gavin Heckman, MBA, MSBA and James R. Hills, CPA/ABV Download the PDF OVERVIEW On November 2, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published the 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule (the “2022 Rule”), which included...
BOCA RATON, Fla., July 26, 2022 – HealthCare Appraisers has promoted the following employee-owners to Directors within the organization: Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH Gavin Heckman, MBA, MSBA Elizabeth Neiberg, JD “On behalf of the company, congratulations to these three...
HealthCare Appraisers is a proud Platinum Sponsor. HealthCare Appraisers' Director Elizabeth Neiberg, JD is presenting in the panel session on Thursday, September 29 from 8:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. titled “Physician Compensation – The Enforcement Trend That Never Seems to...
October 9-12, 2022 | Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, MA HealthCare Appraisers will be exhibiting in booth #817. WHERE MEDICAL PRACTICE PROFESSIONALS SEEKING EXCELLENCE THRIVE. WELCOME TO MEDICAL PRACTICE EXCELLENCE: LEADERS CONFERENCE. WHAT IS MPE: LEADERS...