Nicole M. Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM
Phone: (847) 756-6150
Fax: (877) 443-2525
Nicole Jacobsen is a Director in the Chicago office.
Jacobsen’s practice focuses on the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation. Before joining HealthCare Appraisers, she worked for various law practices and a major title insurance company in taxation law research and title searches.
Jacobsen earned a Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation from the University of Florida, a Juris Doctor cum laude and Master of Business Administration from Western New England University, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. She is a member of the Wisconsin Bar and the Wisconsin Health Law Section.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- A Review of HealthCare Appraisers’ Forecast – Ongoing Factors Impacting Physician Compensation Survey Data, co-authored with David B. Fink, AM, July 13, 2022
- The Challenges of wRVU-Based Survey Data in an Evolving Healthcare Industry, co-authored with James R. Hills, CPA/ABV, and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, May 11, 2022
- COVID-19’s Effects on Employed Physician Compensation, October, 2020
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL | Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, MA
- Juris Doctor cum laude | Master of Business Administration
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside, Kenosha, WI | Bachelor of Arts, Communication
- Member, Wisconsin Bar
- Wisconsin Bar, Wisconsin Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals (AAPCP)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Law Office of Doulas J. Brunner | Springfield, MA
- First American Title Company | Springfield, MA
- Saia Law Firm | Springfield, MA
HealthCare Appraisers Announces Expansion of Automated FMV Solutions™ Suite
Seven New Web-Based Applications Now Available BOCA RATON, Fla., May 17, 2023 – HealthCare Appraisers, a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, has released seven new, custom fair market value (FMV) calculators, making the company’s pioneering...
ASC Valuation, Transaction, and Industry Trends in 2023
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Benjamin Cloutier, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF ASC VALUATION, TRANSACTION, AND INDUSTRY TRENDS IN 2023 The ambulatory surgery center (ASC) sector has been an attractive one for healthcare investors in recent years....
Ensuring Compliance Post COVID-19
Authors: Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPHOverview On May 11, 2023, the federal Public Health Emergency (“PHE”) waivers put in place three years ago will expire. These waivers, enacted pursuant to Section 1135 of the Social Security Act, 42 USC § 1320b-5,...
Surgical Tools of the Trade: Derivatives in Healthcare Transactions
Authors: Jordan A Zoeller, MAcc, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFWhile equity interest transactions and outright acquisitions are the most common pathways to acquiring a desirable healthcare business or asset, many healthcare businesses are approaching...
Industry Outlook: Orthopedic Practices and Ancillary Services
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFOrthopedic practices have long generated interest from outside buyers, including hospitals and health systems, and more recently, private equity firms. There are many rationales and factors...
Jun 12 | SSM Health Foundation Open
June 12, 2023 | Norwood Hills Country Club HealthCare Appraisers is a proud event supporter. Join us for a day of golf and supporting local health care initiatives while connecting with corporate community members. Register a team or become a sponsor now for the 8th...
June 13-14 | Hi2 Conference
HealthCare Appraisers Partner Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA and Director Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA will be attending. Home Care Innovation + Investment Conference (HI2) . “H.I. Squared” is where providers of home health, personal care and hospice come to buy, sell, procure...