David Lo, CFA, ASA
David Lo is a Director in the Denver office.
Lo assists in a wide variety of healthcare valuation assignments. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he gained experience in investment analysis and the healthcare industry through internships with Braeburn Wealth Management, Blue Care Network, Blackford Capital and Marcus & Millichap.
Lo earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University, with a dual major in finance and economics and a minor in mathematics. He has been a CFA charterholder since August 2019.
- Business Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- 2021 Update: Physical Therapy Clinics & Centers, co-authored with Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, October 13, 2021
- What is the Value of My ASC? Key Transaction Trends in 2020, ASCA 2020 Virtual Conference
- The Value of Branding in Healthcare, co-authored with Giulia F. Pace, MBA, CVA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, October, 2020
- Reimbursement Analyses: Analyzing the Impact of Provider Collaboration (co-authors with Ciara A. Pocino and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA), FMVantage Point (Web Edition), September 17, 2020
- 2020 Outlook: Telemedicine (co-authors with Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA), FMVantage Point (Web Edition), May 28, 2020
- 2020 Outlook: Physical Therapy Clinics and Centers, (co-author with David Pine and Nicholas Janiga, ASA) April 2020
- 2020 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys (co-authors Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA and Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA), Spring 2020
- Bytes to Bucks: The Valuation of Data, (co-author with Luis Argueso and Nicholas Janiga, ASA) August 2019
- Panelist – Financial Health Checkup: The Current State of the ASC Marketplace, CASCA 2019 Rocky Mountain ASC Conference & Trade Show, Denver, Colorado, June 28, 2019
- Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI, Bachelor of Business Administration – Majors: Finance and Economics; Minor: Math
- Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA Institute
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation, American Society of Appraisers
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Intern, Braeburn Wealth Management
- Intern, Blue Care Network
- Intern, Blackford Capital, LLC
- Intern, Marcus & Millichap
Author: David B. Fink Download the PDF THE HEALTHCARE VALUATION COMMUNITY The impetus for the healthcare valuation community began in the late 1990’s after the Physician Self- Referral Law (commonly known as the Stark Law) was enacted by Congress, which prohibits...
Authors: David Y. Lo, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe physical therapy industry continues to see growing activity and investment. Most recently ATI Physical Therapy went public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company,...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVAOriginally published by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals. "The cornerstones of regulatory compliance, the concepts of commercial reasonableness and fair market value (“FMV”) are...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Sept. 1, 2021 – Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. has appointed a new Women’s Leadership Council. The council will be working on several initiatives with other leaders in the company to advance dialogue about issues impacting equity, inclusion, and...
BOCA RATON, Fla., August 30, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, has been appointed Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer for Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. In this position, Ms. Ferrari will lead Healthcare Appraisers’ diversity, equity and inclusion strategies....
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Supporting Sponsor of the conference. Date: Sunday, February 6 - Wednesday, February 9, 2022 The American Hospital Association’s 2022 Rural Health Care Leadership Conference, February 6-9, Phoenix, AZ, brings together top practitioners...