Kevin Obletz, JD
Kevin Obletz is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Obletz’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he served as associate general counsel in the regional office of an international sports-marketing firm, focusing on representational contract negotiation and drafting. More recently, he worked for a civil litigation practice at a boutique civil litigation firm.
Obletz is a member of the Florida Bar. He received a Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Florida Atlantic University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- COVID-19 FMV Considerations Amongst Waivers, co-authored with Erica Jacobovits, JD, August 20, 2020
- Hospice Tenancy and Inpatient Services Arrangements – Opportunities and Risks, co-authored with Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH, August 18, 2020
- Webinar – Structuring and Managing Oncology Services Lines: Regulatory Challenges, Physician Employment, and More, co-presented with Daryl Johnson, MAcc, CVA, Managing Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., and Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Director, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Strafford Webinar, January 24, 2018.
- Presentation – Issues and Update – Valuing Hospital/Physician Transactions, co-presented with Daryl Johnson, MAcc, CVA, Managing Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Hall Render Practical Health Retreat 2015, Marco Island, FL, February 28, 2015.
- University of Miami School of Law | Juris Doctor
- Florida Atlantic University | Bachelor of Science, Economics (magna cum laude)
- Member of the State Bar: Florida
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Florida Bar, Health Law Section
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Law Office of Alan C. Gold, P.A. | Contract Attorney
- Lagardere Unlimited, Miami Beach Office | Associate General Counsel and Client Manager
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Upgrades Automated FMV Solutions™ – Mobile Use and Other Enhancements Now Available
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 19th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has upgraded its premier automated resource, Automated FMV Solutions™, which provides defensible FMV opinions in minutes. All...
Authors: Giulia F. Pace, MBA, CVA; Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA; and David Y. Lo, CFA Download the PDFThe recent COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the key role of healthcare organizations in helping their communities understand, process and respond to current events. While...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 10th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, the 2020 Physician Relocation Study. The study provides key trends and data from nearly a decade of...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its 2020 Physician Relocation Study. This study analyzes the long-term relocation patterns of a large sample of physicians at all stages of their careers. Our firm provides fair market value (FMV) opinions for thousands of...
Author: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDFThe 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) proposed rule includes recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to increase the work relative value units (wRVUs) for common evaluation and...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as a sponsor for the 38th Annual IAHA Health Law Symposium. 2020 has been an unprecedented year in Health Law. IAHA Symposium Chair Nick Brescia, with the support of his Committee, have built a schedule of symposium sessions...
Nov 17 | Webinar: Protect Your Hospital’s Nonprofit Status: Preparing for Local, State and Federal Challenges
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP and Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C.'s Chair - Corporate, Business & Banking Group, Marie K. McConnell. Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. EDT (Seeking CLE...