Kevin Obletz, JD
Address: 2101 NW Corporate Blvd., Suite 400
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Phone: (561) 330-3488
Fax: (561) 330-3266
Kevin Obletz is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Obletz’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he served as associate general counsel in the regional office of an international sports-marketing firm, focusing on representational contract negotiation and drafting. More recently, he worked for a civil litigation practice at a boutique civil litigation firm.
Obletz is a member of the Florida Bar. He received a Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Florida Atlantic University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Webinar – Structuring and Managing Oncology Services Lines: Regulatory Challenges, Physician Employment, and More, co-presented with Daryl Johnson, MAcc, CVA, Managing Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., and Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Director, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Strafford Webinar, January 24, 2018.
- Presentation – Issues and Update – Valuing Hospital/Physician Transactions, co-presented with Daryl Johnson, MAcc, CVA, Managing Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Hall Render Practical Health Retreat 2015, Marco Island, FL, February 28, 2015.
- University of Miami School of Law | Juris Doctor
- Florida Atlantic University | Bachelor of Science, Economics (magna cum laude)
- Member of the State Bar: Florida
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- Law Office of Alan C. Gold, P.A. | Contract Attorney
- Lagardere Unlimited, Miami Beach Office | Associate General Counsel and Client Manager
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Giulia Pace, MBA, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFAcquisition activity involving physician practices has been occurring at a robust pace for many years. A February 2019 presentation by the Physicians Advocacy Institute...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 8, 2020 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, announced its most recent professional staff promotions effective January 2020. “On behalf of HealthCare Appraisers, we congratulate these five...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 7, 2020 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, named Kevin Obletz, JD as a new partner in the organization. “On behalf of HealthCare Appraisers, we congratulate Kevin and welcome him to the...
Authors: David W. Sands, CVA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) released new Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) proposed rules that...
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Jan 23 | Webinar: Structuring Healthcare Management Arrangements: Corporate Practice of Medicine, Regulatory Compliance
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers’ Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:00pm-2:30pm EST, 10:00am-11:30am PST To register or learn more, please visit the Strafford website:...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: AHLA Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute – February 10-12, Phoenix, AZ Co-Presenter: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Partner Topic: Fair Market Value in Health Care–The Seventh Annual Year in Review: A Whole New...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ELFA Equipment Management Conference - Booth #6 – February 23-25, Orlando, FL ELFA has been serving equipment management professionals for over a quarter of a century. GREAT SESSIONS that bring you up-to-date...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: PBI Health Law Institute – March 11-12, Philadelphia, PA The event of the year for every health law professional. Mark your calendar for the Health Law Institute 2020. The Institute will provide an update on...