Kevin Obletz, JD
Address: 2101 NW Corporate Blvd., Suite 400
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Phone: (561) 330-3488
Fax: (561) 330-3266
Kevin Obletz is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Obletz’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he served as associate general counsel in the regional office of an international sports-marketing firm, focusing on representational contract negotiation and drafting. More recently, he worked for a civil litigation practice at a boutique civil litigation firm.
Obletz is a member of the Florida Bar. He received a Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Florida Atlantic University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Webinar – Structuring and Managing Oncology Services Lines: Regulatory Challenges, Physician Employment, and More, co-presented with Daryl Johnson, MAcc, CVA, Managing Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., and Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Director, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Strafford Webinar, January 24, 2018.
- Presentation – Issues and Update – Valuing Hospital/Physician Transactions, co-presented with Daryl Johnson, MAcc, CVA, Managing Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Hall Render Practical Health Retreat 2015, Marco Island, FL, February 28, 2015.
- University of Miami School of Law | Juris Doctor
- Florida Atlantic University | Bachelor of Science, Economics (magna cum laude)
- Member of the State Bar: Florida
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- Law Office of Alan C. Gold, P.A. | Contract Attorney
- Lagardere Unlimited, Miami Beach Office | Associate General Counsel and Client Manager
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Author: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH and Jamie McIntyre, JD Originally published by the American Health Lawyers Association in the October 2019 Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law. ABSTRACT: In 21st century health care, the nature and terms of contracts...
Author: Robert Kurtz with Commentary from Matthew J. Muller, ASA. Published by The ASCA Journal October 2019. The ASC industry is a hotbed of transaction activity. That activity is helping to drive up the value of facilities and likely spurring the development...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Kristina Kheyfets and David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF A recent ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit may put new focus on the importance of documenting fair market value (“FMV”) in transactions between...
Authors: C.J. Laird, MEd and Brandon J. Billeaudeau, MPA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) issued preliminary proposed changes to the Physician Self-Referral Law (“Stark Law”) and the Federal Anti-Kickback...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ABA 17th Annual Washington Health Law Summit – December 9-10, Washington, DC Presenting: Chip Hutzler, PartnerPresentation Title: All Things Stark in 2019 Whether you are in-house counsel, in private practice, a...