Jeffrey A. Piehl, MAI
Jeff Piehl is a Partner in the Denver office.
Piehl leads the Real Estate Valuation Service Line at HealthCare Appraisers. A 20-year real estate veteran, he has been active in the valuation and consultation of healthcare-related real estate since 1995, including the valuation and consultation of over 5,000 medical office and healthcare related properties on a national basis. He also performs national Fair Market Value (“FMV”) work for numerous national and regional healthcare systems, with facilities located in both urban and rural markets. In addition, Piehl is also active with healthcare systems and property owners regarding asset selection for acquisitions/dispositions as well as site selection for new medical office placement and rental rate disputes.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Piehl served as Executive Director at Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado’s Valuation and Advisory Group. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Colorado and is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in 17 states. Piehl is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute.
- Real Estate Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review, December 10, 2020
- Benefits and Challenges of the Stark Exception for Timeshare Arrangements co-authored with Lisa Luetkemeyer, Mercy Health, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 19, No. 1, February 2017.
- Raising the ASC Value Ceiling Through Real Estate, Executive Brief, Becker’s ASC Review, December 2016.
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO | Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Arizona (No. 32031)
- Arkansas (No. CG4235)
- California (No. 3002277)
- Colorado (No. CG40033494)
- Illinois (No. 553.001352)
- Indiana (No. CG40300374)
- Kansas (No. G-3108)
- Kentucky (No. 004603)
- Louisiana (No. G4086)
- Michigan (No. 1201069931)
- Missouri (No. 2003011131)
- Nevada (No. A.0207385-CG)
- Ohio (No. 2019000583)
- Oklahoma (No. I3214CGA)
- Tennessee (No. 00004966)
- Texas (No. TX-1337039-G)
- Virginia (No. 4001017459)
- Appraisal Institute (MAI)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Executive Director-Senior Housing/Healthcare | Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado, Inc.
Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses – Part Two
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDFMandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses - Part One On February 3, 2021, HealthCare Appraisers published an article detailing the...
Authors: Luis A. Argueso, Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew L. Worthington Download the PDF INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS The Affordable Care Act has significantly altered the alignment between hospitals and clinical providers....
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Releases New Publication – 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements
BOCA RATON, Fla., March 10th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage...
2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide of hospital-based clinical coverage arrangement trends, statistics, and insights. From 2017 through 2019, we have captured data from over one thousand analyses performed on behalf of...
Authors: Jim Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew Worthington Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS Often, hospitals and health systems do not wish to incur the administrative burden involved in employing the clinical resources needed to cover their...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Luis A. Argueso. Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m EST The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated provider and patient adoption of telemedicine. By one measure, the volume of telemedicine visits covered by...