Jeffrey A. Piehl, MAI
Jeff Piehl is a Partner in the Denver office.
Piehl leads the Real Estate Valuation Service Line at HealthCare Appraisers. A 20-year real estate veteran, he has been active in the valuation and consultation of healthcare-related real estate since 1995, including the valuation and consultation of over 5,000 medical office and healthcare related properties on a national basis. He also performs national Fair Market Value (“FMV”) work for numerous national and regional healthcare systems, with facilities located in both urban and rural markets. In addition, Piehl is also active with healthcare systems and property owners regarding asset selection for acquisitions/dispositions as well as site selection for new medical office placement and rental rate disputes.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Piehl served as Executive Director at Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado’s Valuation and Advisory Group. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Colorado and is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in 17 states. Piehl is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute.
- Real Estate Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review, December 10, 2020
- Benefits and Challenges of the Stark Exception for Timeshare Arrangements co-authored with Lisa Luetkemeyer, Mercy Health, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 19, No. 1, February 2017.
- Raising the ASC Value Ceiling Through Real Estate, Executive Brief, Becker’s ASC Review, December 2016.
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO | Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Arizona (No. 32031)
- Arkansas (No. CG4235)
- California (No. 3002277)
- Colorado (No. CG40033494)
- Illinois (No. 553.001352)
- Indiana (No. CG40300374)
- Kansas (No. G-3108)
- Kentucky (No. 004603)
- Louisiana (No. G4086)
- Michigan (No. 1201069931)
- Missouri (No. 2003011131)
- Nevada (No. A.0207385-CG)
- Ohio (No. 2019000583)
- Oklahoma (No. I3214CGA)
- Tennessee (No. 00004966)
- Texas (No. TX-1337039-G)
- Virginia (No. 4001017459)
- Appraisal Institute (MAI)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Executive Director-Senior Housing/Healthcare | Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado, Inc.
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG) recently released a Special Fraud Alert aimed at pharmaceutical and device companies that use speaker programs to compensate physicians and...
Author: Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFOn April 29, 2021, the Office of Inspector General (the “OIG”) posted Advisory Opinion No. 21-02, which addressed a request from a health system and management company (the “Requestors”) for review of a proposed...
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe imaging market in the United States is estimated to generate more than $100 billion annually with radiology practices and imaging centers accounting for approximately $19 billion...
HealthCare Appraiser's Partner, Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH will co-present The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Year: How Did We Do and Where do We Go From Here? Understanding the Strides and Obstacles to Diversity and Inclusion Through the Lens of COVID....