Jeffrey A. Piehl, MAI
Jeff Piehl is a Partner in the Denver office.
Piehl leads the Real Estate Valuation Service Line at HealthCare Appraisers. A 20-year real estate veteran, he has been active in the valuation and consultation of healthcare-related real estate since 1995, including the valuation and consultation of over 5,000 medical office and healthcare related properties on a national basis. He also performs national Fair Market Value (“FMV”) work for numerous national and regional healthcare systems, with facilities located in both urban and rural markets. In addition, Piehl is also active with healthcare systems and property owners regarding asset selection for acquisitions/dispositions as well as site selection for new medical office placement and rental rate disputes.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Piehl served as Executive Director at Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado’s Valuation and Advisory Group. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Colorado and is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in 17 states. Piehl is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute.
- Real Estate Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review, December 10, 2020
- Benefits and Challenges of the Stark Exception for Timeshare Arrangements co-authored with Lisa Luetkemeyer, Mercy Health, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 19, No. 1, February 2017.
- Raising the ASC Value Ceiling Through Real Estate, Executive Brief, Becker’s ASC Review, December 2016.
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO | Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Arizona (No. 32031)
- Arkansas (No. CG4235)
- California (No. 3002277)
- Colorado (No. CG40033494)
- Illinois (No. 553.001352)
- Indiana (No. CG40300374)
- Kansas (No. G-3108)
- Kentucky (No. 004603)
- Louisiana (No. G4086)
- Michigan (No. 1201069931)
- Missouri (No. 2003011131)
- Nevada (No. A.0207385-CG)
- Ohio (No. 2019000583)
- Oklahoma (No. I3214CGA)
- Tennessee (No. 00004966)
- Texas (No. TX-1337039-G)
- Virginia (No. 4001017459)
- Appraisal Institute (MAI)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Executive Director-Senior Housing/Healthcare | Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado, Inc.
Authors: Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF As with all sectors of healthcare, the lab industry has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19. In addition to COVID-19, the industry is dealing with reimbursement...
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Releases New Publication – Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review
BOCA RATON, Fla., Dec. 10th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, the Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review. This publication explores and...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review. This report is the product of discussions with numerous lenders, real estate brokers, investment bankers and various other medical office entities, on subjects...
THE LONG-AWAITED NEW STARK AND ANTIKICKBACK RULES: New Definitions for Commercially Reasonable, Fair Market Value and Taking into Account Volume or Value of Referrals
Authors: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH Download the PDFWHAT DO THEY MEAN FOR PHYSICIAN COMPENSATION? On November 20, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released its long-awaited new Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark Law) Final Rule, culminating its...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF The 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule includes recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to increase the work relative value units (wRVUs) for common evaluation and...
Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea, M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, will be speaking at the AHLA Virtual Physicians and Hospitals Law Insitute Friday, February 12th from 12:15 - 1:15 PM EST. Fair Market Value in Health Care–The Eighth Annual Year in Review: A New Stark-ly...