Jeffrey A. Piehl, MAI
Phone: (303) 688-0700
Direct: (303) 566-3172
Fax: (303) 688-0701
Jeff Piehl is a Partner in the Denver office.
Piehl leads the Real Estate Valuation Service Line at HealthCare Appraisers. A 20-year real estate veteran, he has been active in the valuation and consultation of healthcare-related real estate since 1995, including the valuation and consultation of over 5,000 medical office and healthcare related properties on a national basis. He also performs national Fair Market Value (“FMV”) work for numerous national and regional healthcare systems, with facilities located in both urban and rural markets. In addition, Piehl is also active with healthcare systems and property owners regarding asset selection for acquisitions/dispositions as well as site selection for new medical office placement and rental rate disputes.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Piehl served as Executive Director at Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado’s Valuation and Advisory Group. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Colorado and is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in 17 states. Piehl is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute.
- Real Estate Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- 2022 Medical Office Fundamentals Outlook, May 3, 2022
- Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review, December 10, 2020
- The Role of Ambulatory Surgery Centers in the COVID-19 Pandemic (co-authors Jeffrey Doyle, ASA, Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, and Luis A. Argueso), FMVantage Point (Web Edition), April 3, 2020
- Benefits and Challenges of the Stark Exception for Timeshare Arrangements, co-authored with Lisa Luetkemeyer, Mercy Health, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 19, No. 1, February 2017.
- Raising the ASC Value Ceiling Through Real Estate, Executive Brief, Becker’s ASC Review, December 2016.
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO | Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Arizona (No. 32031)
- Arkansas (No. CG4235)
- California (No. 3002277)
- Colorado (No. CG40033494)
- Illinois (No. 553.001352)
- Indiana (No. CG40300374)
- Kansas (No. G-3108)
- Kentucky (No. 004603)
- Louisiana (No. G4086)
- Michigan (No. 1201069931)
- Missouri (No. 2003011131)
- Nevada (No. A.0207385-CG)
- Ohio (No. 2019000583)
- Oklahoma (No. I3214CGA)
- Tennessee (No. 00004966)
- Texas (No. TX-1337039-G)
- Virginia (No. 4001017459)
- Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- American Health Law Association (AHLA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Executive Director-Senior Housing/Healthcare | Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado, Inc.
Sports Marketing and Sponsorships are a Grand Slam for Healthcare Entities and Providers
Authors: Bobby J. Van Dusen, MSAQF, Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFSince the first broadcasted sporting event occurred in 1911 when a football game was relayed to audiences, the United States has been enamored by sports. Today,...
2023 Outlook: Increased Acquisitions and Joint Ventures Involving Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitals
Authors: Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION At HealthCare Appraisers, we have analyzed numerous inpatient psychiatric facilities (“IPFs”) in a variety of contexts, whether for acquisition purposes, formation of joint...
2023 Outlook: Healthcare M&A
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFRising interest rates, elevated inflation, and economic uncertainty led to volatility in 2022, and many of these factors remain in place heading into 2023. While inflation appears to have...
Nurse Practitioners & Physician Associates: A Viable Solution to the Physician Shortage?
Authors: Tammy Truong and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH Download the PDFOriginally published by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals. The United States is predicted to be imminently faced with a physician shortage, with a report from the Association...
Valuation of Linear Accelerators
Authors: Kirsten Hodges, ASA and Jeff Doyle, ASA Download the PDFA Linear Accelerator (“Linac”) is a technically advanced medical device/system that is utilized in radiation oncology. A Linac customizes high energy x-rays/electrons to conform to a tumor’s shape to...
Apr 11-12 | McDermott Physician Practice Management and ASC Symposium 2023
April 11-12, 2023 | Nashville, TN HealthCare Appraisers is a proud supporter of the conference. About The Conference At the Physician Practice Management (PPM) & ASC Symposium 2023, we’ll address the critical business, transactional and regulatory issues that...
Apr 17-19 | AHLA Health Care Transactions 2023
Grand Hyatt Nashville, Nashville, TN HealthCare Appraisers is a proud Gold Sponsor. About the Program This program is a unique opportunity to learn the latest commercial developments, strategies, and deal forecasts from noted experts. Gain insight into the business...
Apr 26-28 | BOMA International Medical Office Buildings and Healthcare Real Estate Conference
April 26-28, 2023 | Chicago, IL HealthCare Appraisers is proud to serve as a Bronze Sponsor and exhibitor. Medical real estate has proven itself as a resilient, ever-growing asset class. Healthcare real estate is moving at full tilt, with the decentralization of...
May 17-20 | ASCA 2023
May 17-20, 2023 | Louisville, KY HealthCare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #1016. Receive competitive, top-quality clinical, regulatory, business and financial information from some of the best and most experienced professionals within the ASC community. As...