Jeffrey A. Piehl, MAI
Jeff Piehl is a Partner in the Denver office.
Piehl leads the Real Estate Valuation Service Line at HealthCare Appraisers. A 20-year real estate veteran, he has been active in the valuation and consultation of healthcare-related real estate since 1995, including the valuation and consultation of over 5,000 medical office and healthcare related properties on a national basis. He also performs national Fair Market Value (“FMV”) work for numerous national and regional healthcare systems, with facilities located in both urban and rural markets. In addition, Piehl is also active with healthcare systems and property owners regarding asset selection for acquisitions/dispositions as well as site selection for new medical office placement and rental rate disputes.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Piehl served as Executive Director at Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado’s Valuation and Advisory Group. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Colorado and is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in 17 states. Piehl is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute.
- Real Estate Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- 2022 Medical Office Fundamentals Outlook, May 3, 2022
- Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review, December 10, 2020
- The Role of Ambulatory Surgery Centers in the COVID-19 Pandemic (co-authors Jeffrey Doyle, ASA, Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, and Luis A. Argueso), FMVantage Point (Web Edition), April 3, 2020
- Benefits and Challenges of the Stark Exception for Timeshare Arrangements, co-authored with Lisa Luetkemeyer, Mercy Health, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 19, No. 1, February 2017.
- Raising the ASC Value Ceiling Through Real Estate, Executive Brief, Becker’s ASC Review, December 2016.
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO | Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Arizona (No. 32031)
- Arkansas (No. CG4235)
- California (No. 3002277)
- Colorado (No. CG40033494)
- Illinois (No. 553.001352)
- Indiana (No. CG40300374)
- Kansas (No. G-3108)
- Kentucky (No. 004603)
- Louisiana (No. G4086)
- Michigan (No. 1201069931)
- Missouri (No. 2003011131)
- Nevada (No. A.0207385-CG)
- Ohio (No. 2019000583)
- Oklahoma (No. I3214CGA)
- Tennessee (No. 00004966)
- Texas (No. TX-1337039-G)
- Virginia (No. 4001017459)
- Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- American Health Law Association (AHLA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Executive Director-Senior Housing/Healthcare | Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado, Inc.
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...