David B. Fink,
David Fink is a Director in the Detroit office.
Fink provides his clients advisory services and healthcare provider compensation valuation expertise. He specializes in the determination of fair market value compensation provided under physician employment and professional services arrangements working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, and consultants. Many of the transactions Fink analyzes involve Stark, Anti-Kickback, and/or other regulatory implications, which necessitates analyses of fair market value and/or commercial reasonableness.
Fink earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with a dual major in Finance and Economics. He is currently pursuing the designation of Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation from the American Society of Appraisers.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presentation – The Stark Reality of Coordinated Care. Co-presented with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Partner (HealthCare Appraisers), and Cindy F. Wisner, Associate Counsel (Trinity Health). Health Law Institute, 25th Annual, Plymouth, Michigan, March 7-8, 2019.
- Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Bachelor of Business Administration – dual major in Finance and Economics
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV204: Advanced Topics in Business Valuation, Part IV (June 2017)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV203: Introduction to Business Valuation, Asset Approach, Discounts & Premiums, Part III (November 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV202: Introduction to Business Valuation, Income Approach, Part II (January 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation, Market Approach, Part I (May 2015)
- Completed the exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) (October 2014)
- Completed the American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (September 2014)
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe imaging market in the United States is estimated to generate more than $100 billion annually with radiology practices and imaging centers accounting for approximately $19 billion...
Author: Kevin P. Cassell, ASA and Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA Download the PDFCompensation plans based solely or predominantly on work relative value unit (“wRVU”) production have commonly been included in the employment agreements of physicians and other providers...
Author: Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFAs government and private payors maintain focus on initiatives to promote and optimize performance-based payment systems, hospitals and health systems have consistently sought to identify new strategies to align themselves...
Featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Luis A. Argueso and Intercept TeleMed President and CEO Diego C. Reino, MD. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m EST HealthCare Appraisers and Intercept TeleMed are pleased to deliver a joint webinar demonstrating the...
May 25 | Webinar: Physician Compensation After 2020 Changes to the Stark Law and Antikickback Statute Regulations: FMV, Commercial Reasonableness, and Volume or Value Standards
A Strafford webinar featuring HealthCare Appraiser's Partner Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. A 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel and compliance...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 Tennessee Bar Association Annual Convention. Full-Access Registration for the TBA Annual Convention includes in-person access to all major convention events and programs as well as access to additional virtual...
Jun 16 | Webinar: Service Line Co-Management: The Ultimate Sustainable PSA? Creating Legal, Effective, and Lasting Alignment
A 90-minute Strafford CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraiser's Director, Jamie McIntyre, JD. Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. EDTThis CLE webinar will assist hospital and physician group counsel to optimize service line...