David B. Fink,
David Fink is a Director in the Detroit office.
Fink provides his clients advisory services and healthcare provider compensation valuation expertise. He specializes in the determination of fair market value compensation provided under physician employment and professional services arrangements working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, and consultants. Many of the transactions Fink analyzes involve Stark, Anti-Kickback, and/or other regulatory implications, which necessitates analyses of fair market value and/or commercial reasonableness.
Fink earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with a dual major in Finance and Economics. He is currently pursuing the designation of Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation from the American Society of Appraisers.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Forecasting the Pandemic’s Impact on Physician Compensation Surveys, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, May 2, 2022
- Innovating Valuation Fee Structures: A Fixed Fee Solution to FMV Appraisal Fees, October 14, 2021
- Presentation – The Stark Reality of Coordinated Care. Co-presented with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Partner (HealthCare Appraisers), and Cindy F. Wisner, Associate Counsel (Trinity Health). Health Law Institute, 25th Annual, Plymouth, Michigan, March 7-8, 2019.
- Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Bachelor of Business Administration – dual major in Finance and Economics
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV204: Advanced Topics in Business Valuation, Part IV (June 2017)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV203: Introduction to Business Valuation, Asset Approach, Discounts & Premiums, Part III (November 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV202: Introduction to Business Valuation, Income Approach, Part II (January 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation, Market Approach, Part I (May 2015)
- Completed the exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) (October 2014)
- Completed the American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (September 2014)
Authors: Nicole M. Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM, James R. Hills, CPA/ABV, and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDFORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROVIDER COMPENSATION PROFESSIONALS For years, physician groups, hospitals, and health systems alike...
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDFIn an effort to close the pay gap in Colorado and ensure that employees doing similar work receive the same wage rate regardless of sex, the General Assembly of the State of Colorado enacted The...
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 3rd – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, the Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2022 Outlook. This publication explores and illustrates timely...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its 2022 Medical Office Fundamentals Outlook, which is the product of discussions with numerous lenders, real estate brokers, investment bankers, and various other medical office entities, on subjects such as industry...
Authors: David B. Fink and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDFThe COVID-19 Pandemic significantly impacted the 2021 Physician Compensation Surveys, so what can we predict for the 2022 surveys? PHYSICIAN COMPENSATION SURVEYS Physician compensation surveys are...
A webinar hosted by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals. Co-Management and Other Types of Shared/Joint Venture Agreements Presenters: Jamie McIntyre, Director, HealthCare AppraisersGlenn Prives, Partner, Epstein Becker & Green,...
HealthCare Appraisers is a proud Program Sponsor. Date: Sunday, June 26, 2022 About the Program Join colleagues at the 2022 In-House Counsel Program to network and gain insight from others who are advising their institutions on the same legal, compliance, and business...
HealthCare Appraisers is a proud Sponsor of the Annual Meeting. Date: Monday, June 27 - Wednesday, June 29, 2022 About the Annual Meeting Every year, nearly 1,500 health law professionals join us in-person at our Annual Meeting to get the most current information and...
HealthCare Appraisers is an Exhibitor at the Leadership Summit. Date: Sunday, July 17 - Tuesday, July 19, 2022 About the Leadership Summit The Leadership Summit features senior health care executives, clinicians and experts in the field presenting high-level,...