David B. Fink, AM
David Fink is a Director in the Detroit office.
Fink provides his clients advisory services and healthcare provider compensation valuation expertise. He specializes in the determination of fair market value compensation provided under provider employment and professional services arrangements working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, and consultants. Many of the transactions Fink analyzes involve Stark, Anti-Kickback, and/or other regulatory implications, which necessitates analyses of fair market value and/or commercial reasonableness.
Fink earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with a dual major in Finance and Economics. He is currently pursuing the designation of Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation from the American Society of Appraisers.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- A Review of HealthCare Appraisers’ Forecast – Ongoing Factors Impacting Physician Compensation Survey Data, co-authored with Nicole M. Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM, July 13, 2022
- Forecasting the Pandemic’s Impact on Physician Compensation Surveys, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, May 2, 2022
- Innovating Valuation Fee Structures: A Fixed Fee Solution to FMV Appraisal Fees, October 14, 2021
- Presentation – The Stark Reality of Coordinated Care. Co-presented with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Partner (HealthCare Appraisers), and Cindy F. Wisner, Associate Counsel (Trinity Health). Health Law Institute, 25th Annual, Plymouth, Michigan, March 7-8, 2019.
- Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Bachelor of Business Administration – dual major in Finance and Economics
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV204: Advanced Topics in Business Valuation, Part IV (June 2017)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV203: Introduction to Business Valuation, Asset Approach, Discounts & Premiums, Part III (November 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV202: Introduction to Business Valuation, Income Approach, Part II (January 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation, Market Approach, Part I (May 2015)
- Completed the exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) (October 2014)
- Completed the American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (September 2014)
- Accredited Member (AM) in Business Valuation, American Society of Appraisers (September 2021)
- Medical Group Management Association (MAGA)
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...