David B. Fink,
David Fink is a Director in the Detroit office.
Fink provides his clients advisory services and healthcare provider compensation valuation expertise. He specializes in the determination of fair market value compensation provided under physician employment and professional services arrangements working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, and consultants. Many of the transactions Fink analyzes involve Stark, Anti-Kickback, and/or other regulatory implications, which necessitates analyses of fair market value and/or commercial reasonableness.
Fink earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with a dual major in Finance and Economics. He is currently pursuing the designation of Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation from the American Society of Appraisers.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presentation – The Stark Reality of Coordinated Care. Co-presented with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Partner (HealthCare Appraisers), and Cindy F. Wisner, Associate Counsel (Trinity Health). Health Law Institute, 25th Annual, Plymouth, Michigan, March 7-8, 2019.
- Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Bachelor of Business Administration – dual major in Finance and Economics
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV204: Advanced Topics in Business Valuation, Part IV (June 2017)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV203: Introduction to Business Valuation, Asset Approach, Discounts & Premiums, Part III (November 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV202: Introduction to Business Valuation, Income Approach, Part II (January 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation, Market Approach, Part I (May 2015)
- Completed the exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) (October 2014)
- Completed the American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (September 2014)
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe urgent care sector has been a quickly growing segment of the healthcare industry over the last several years, and HealthCare Appraisers has observed growth in transactions in this highly...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) play a critical role in the success of healthcare organizations, tasked with standards of care, quality improvement, and medical staff affairs. Accordingly, CMOs often rank...
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF In the aftermath of the determination by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Alex M. Azar II (the “Secretary”), that COVID-19 represents a public health emergency, the Centers for Medicare...
Authors: Kevin Obletz, JD and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, many hospitals had begun to expand their outpatient service offerings, as a result of an increasing number of unoccupied inpatient beds. Furthermore,...
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, David Sands, ASA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFIn forming and evaluating management agreements, hospital operators and counsels alike can have varying expectations as to the nature, structure and value of these...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as the Program Sponsor for the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum. This program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. This program...
HealthCare Appraisers will serve as a Platinum Sponsor for the 32nd Annual Health Law Forum. This forum will take place virtually via live webcast. Recognized as one of the premier health law programs in the country, this annual forum addresses key issues impacting...