David B. Fink,
David Fink is a Director in the Detroit office.
Fink provides his clients advisory services and healthcare provider compensation valuation expertise. He specializes in the determination of fair market value compensation provided under physician employment and professional services arrangements working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, and consultants. Many of the transactions Fink analyzes involve Stark, Anti-Kickback, and/or other regulatory implications, which necessitates analyses of fair market value and/or commercial reasonableness.
Fink earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with a dual major in Finance and Economics. He is currently pursuing the designation of Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation from the American Society of Appraisers.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presentation – The Stark Reality of Coordinated Care. Co-presented with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Partner (HealthCare Appraisers), and Cindy F. Wisner, Associate Counsel (Trinity Health). Health Law Institute, 25th Annual, Plymouth, Michigan, March 7-8, 2019.
- Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Bachelor of Business Administration – dual major in Finance and Economics
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV204: Advanced Topics in Business Valuation, Part IV (June 2017)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV203: Introduction to Business Valuation, Asset Approach, Discounts & Premiums, Part III (November 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV202: Introduction to Business Valuation, Income Approach, Part II (January 2016)
- Completed the class and exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation, Market Approach, Part I (May 2015)
- Completed the exam for the American Society of Appraisers’ 15-hour course, SE100: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) (October 2014)
- Completed the American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (September 2014)
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Partner Recognized for Excellence – Receives AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Recognition
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 12, 2020 – Hunter Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV, partner with HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, was recently honored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Standing Ovation Recognition Program, which...
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David. W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Escalator clauses, also referred to as cost-of-living adjustments or annual escalators, are provisions embedded into many service contracts that...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF Published in ASC Focus, The ASCA Journal, October 2020 Issue. Transaction activity remains robust, more HOPDs convert to ASCs and median reported EBITDA multiples continue to increase. HealthCare Appraisers released...
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Upgrades Automated FMV Solutions™ – Mobile Use and Other Enhancements Now Available
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 19th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has upgraded its premier automated resource, Automated FMV Solutions™, which provides defensible FMV opinions in minutes. All...
Authors: Giulia F. Pace, MBA, CVA; Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA; and David Y. Lo, CFA Download the PDFThe recent COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the key role of healthcare organizations in helping their communities understand, process and respond to current events. While...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Luis A. Argueso and Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT The 2021 Proposed Rule for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule has serious implications for...
A 30-minute live demonstration featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 14, 2021 12:00 p.m. (allow 60 min on calendar) See firsthand how online FMV calculators provide instant FMV guidance for physician recruiters and...