Matthew J. Milliron, CVA, MBA
Matthew Milliron is a Partner in the Denver office.
Milliron’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements and compensation plan development. He brings more than fifteen years of healthcare industry experience, including hospital service line planning, hospital-physician alignment, and payer strategy. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Milliron was a segment controller at a global health insurance services company. He began his career working with a national healthcare management consulting firm focusing primarily on hospital-physician integration strategies and other strategic planning initiatives.
Milliron earn his Master of Business Administration and certification of Health Sector Management from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, and he completed his Bachelor’s degree at Colorado State University with a major in Economics. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA).
- Automated FMV Solutions™
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Webinar: Know Your Value: Trends and Strategies for Success in Implementing Value-Based Compensation, co-presented with Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, in association with the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals, September 15, 2020
- Is Median Compensation in the Crosshairs?, with Albert “Chip” Hutzler, JD, MBA, CVA, Partner and Jim Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 18, No. 2, May 2016.
- Best Practices in Regulatory-Compliant Physician Compensation Plan Design, Executive Brief co-authored with Jim Carr, ASA MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review, April 2016.
- Panel Discussion Moderator – Value-Based Physician Compensation – Key Issues and Ideas, with Travis Singleton, SVP, Merritt Hawkins, Marlon Priest, EVP, CMO & Senior Services Market Lead, Bon Secours Health System, Darryl Linnington, CFO, McAlester Regional Medical Center, Nick Bluhm, Director, Strategy and Government Policy, Remedy Partners, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review 4th Annual CEO Roundtable, November 18-19, 2015, Ritz Carlton, Chicago, IL.
- Integrating value into physician employment compensation models, Executive Brief co-authored with Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), August 13, 2014.
- Presentation – Fair Market Value Considerations for Bundled Payment Arrangements, Becker’s Hospital Review 5th Annual CEO & CFO Roundtable, Chicago, IL, November 8, 2016.
- Presentation – Fair Market Value in Hospital-Physician Employment, New England Journal of Medicine Physician Recruitment Summit, Boston, MA, September 23, 2016.
- Webinar Presentation – Is Median Compensation in the Crosshairs?, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, February 17, 2016.
- Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business | Master of Business Administration, Health Sector Management
- Colorado State University | Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Associated of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Segment Strategy and Marketing Manager | Cigna Healthcare, Greenwood Village, CO
- Emerging Markets Segment Controller | Cigna Healthcare, Greenwood Village, CO
- Associate, Medimetrix Group | Denver, CO
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe imaging market in the United States is estimated to generate more than $100 billion annually with radiology practices and imaging centers accounting for approximately $19 billion...
Author: Kevin P. Cassell, ASA and Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA Download the PDFCompensation plans based solely or predominantly on work relative value unit (“wRVU”) production have commonly been included in the employment agreements of physicians and other providers...
Author: Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFAs government and private payors maintain focus on initiatives to promote and optimize performance-based payment systems, hospitals and health systems have consistently sought to identify new strategies to align themselves...
Featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Luis A. Argueso and Intercept TeleMed President and CEO Diego C. Reino, MD. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m EST HealthCare Appraisers and Intercept TeleMed are pleased to deliver a joint webinar demonstrating the...
May 25 | Webinar: Physician Compensation After 2020 Changes to the Stark Law and Antikickback Statute Regulations: FMV, Commercial Reasonableness, and Volume or Value Standards
A Strafford webinar featuring HealthCare Appraiser's Partner Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. A 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel and compliance...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 Tennessee Bar Association Annual Convention. Full-Access Registration for the TBA Annual Convention includes in-person access to all major convention events and programs as well as access to additional virtual...
Jun 16 | Webinar: Service Line Co-Management: The Ultimate Sustainable PSA? Creating Legal, Effective, and Lasting Alignment
A 90-minute Strafford CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraiser's Director, Jamie McIntyre, JD. Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. EDTThis CLE webinar will assist hospital and physician group counsel to optimize service line...