Matthew J. Milliron, CVA, MBA
Matthew Milliron is a Partner in the Denver office.
Milliron’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements and compensation plan development. He brings more than fifteen years of healthcare industry experience, including hospital service line planning, hospital-physician alignment, and payer strategy. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Milliron was a segment controller at a global health insurance services company. He began his career working with a national healthcare management consulting firm focusing primarily on hospital-physician integration strategies and other strategic planning initiatives.
Milliron earn his Master of Business Administration and certification of Health Sector Management from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, and he completed his Bachelor’s degree at Colorado State University with a major in Economics. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA).
- Automated FMV Solutions™
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Is Median Compensation in the Crosshairs?, with Albert “Chip” Hutzler, JD, MBA, CVA, Partner and Jim Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 18, No. 2, May 2016.
- Best Practices in Regulatory-Compliant Physician Compensation Plan Design, Executive Brief co-authored with Jim Carr, ASA MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review, April 2016.
- Panel Discussion Moderator – Value-Based Physician Compensation – Key Issues and Ideas, with Travis Singleton, SVP, Merritt Hawkins, Marlon Priest, EVP, CMO & Senior Services Market Lead, Bon Secours Health System, Darryl Linnington, CFO, McAlester Regional Medical Center, Nick Bluhm, Director, Strategy and Government Policy, Remedy Partners, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review 4th Annual CEO Roundtable, November 18-19, 2015, Ritz Carlton, Chicago, IL.
- Integrating value into physician employment compensation models, Executive Brief co-authored with Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), August 13, 2014.
- Presentation – Fair Market Value Considerations for Bundled Payment Arrangements, Becker’s Hospital Review 5th Annual CEO & CFO Roundtable, Chicago, IL, November 8, 2016.
- Presentation – Fair Market Value in Hospital-Physician Employment, New England Journal of Medicine Physician Recruitment Summit, Boston, MA, September 23, 2016.
- Webinar Presentation – Is Median Compensation in the Crosshairs?, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, February 17, 2016.
- Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business | Master of Business Administration, Health Sector Management
- Colorado State University | Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Associated of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Segment Strategy and Marketing Manager | Cigna Healthcare, Greenwood Village, CO
- Emerging Markets Segment Controller | Cigna Healthcare, Greenwood Village, CO
- Associate, Medimetrix Group | Denver, CO