Matthew J. Milliron, CVA, MBA
Matthew Milliron is a Partner in the Denver office.
Milliron’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements and compensation plan development. He brings more than fifteen years of healthcare industry experience, including hospital service line planning, hospital-physician alignment, and payer strategy. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Milliron was a segment controller at a global health insurance services company. He began his career working with a national healthcare management consulting firm focusing primarily on hospital-physician integration strategies and other strategic planning initiatives.
Milliron earn his Master of Business Administration and certification of Health Sector Management from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, and he completed his Bachelor’s degree at Colorado State University with a major in Economics. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA).
- Automated FMV Solutions™
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Is Median Compensation in the Crosshairs?, with Albert “Chip” Hutzler, JD, MBA, CVA, Partner and Jim Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 18, No. 2, May 2016.
- Best Practices in Regulatory-Compliant Physician Compensation Plan Design, Executive Brief co-authored with Jim Carr, ASA MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review, April 2016.
- Panel Discussion Moderator – Value-Based Physician Compensation – Key Issues and Ideas, with Travis Singleton, SVP, Merritt Hawkins, Marlon Priest, EVP, CMO & Senior Services Market Lead, Bon Secours Health System, Darryl Linnington, CFO, McAlester Regional Medical Center, Nick Bluhm, Director, Strategy and Government Policy, Remedy Partners, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review 4th Annual CEO Roundtable, November 18-19, 2015, Ritz Carlton, Chicago, IL.
- Integrating value into physician employment compensation models, Executive Brief co-authored with Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), August 13, 2014.
- Presentation – Fair Market Value Considerations for Bundled Payment Arrangements, Becker’s Hospital Review 5th Annual CEO & CFO Roundtable, Chicago, IL, November 8, 2016.
- Presentation – Fair Market Value in Hospital-Physician Employment, New England Journal of Medicine Physician Recruitment Summit, Boston, MA, September 23, 2016.
- Webinar Presentation – Is Median Compensation in the Crosshairs?, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, February 17, 2016.
- Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business | Master of Business Administration, Health Sector Management
- Colorado State University | Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Associated of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Segment Strategy and Marketing Manager | Cigna Healthcare, Greenwood Village, CO
- Emerging Markets Segment Controller | Cigna Healthcare, Greenwood Village, CO
- Associate, Medimetrix Group | Denver, CO
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Anusha Patni, MSAQF and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Specialty pharmacies, which once occupied only a small niche in the pharmacy marketplace, are now a sizeable part of the broader pharmacy industry. In 2018,...
Authors: David Y. Lo, CFA, Matthew J. Muller ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF Emerging as an essential tool in the efforts to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the telemedicine industry is expected to reach $155 billion, growing at a compound...
Authors: Kristina Kheyfets, David Sands, CVA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFAs COVID-19 continues to financially disrupt healthcare organizations across the nation, clinical laboratories of all sizes have played a vital role ramping up to meet the...
In April 2020, HealthCare Appraisers provided financial support and professional expertise for an AHLA podcast series addressing various topics of interest to hospitals preparing for and responding to the COVID-19 crisis. Two of the podcast sessions, available below,...
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 14 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation firm with offices nationwide, released its 2020 On-Call Summary Review of on-call coverage trends and statistics. The publication includes information related to salient features of...
Every year, nearly 1,500 health law professionals join AHLA at its Annual Meeting to get the most current information and analysis on a myriad of legal issues facing the health care industry in thoughtful, practical solution-oriented sessions . This year is, of...
Happening live July 9–10 and available on demand until October 31 For more than two decades, ASCA’s annual conference has remained the premier, can’t-miss event for the ASC community and this year’s virtual conference is no different. Just like ASCA’s in-person...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as the Program Sponsor for the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum. September 30 – October 2, 2020 | Renaissance Harborplace Hotel Join us in Baltimore, MD This program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and...