Matthew J. Milliron, CVA, MBA
Matthew Milliron is a Partner in the Denver office.
Milliron’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements and compensation plan development. He brings more than fifteen years of healthcare industry experience, including hospital service line planning, hospital-physician alignment, and payer strategy. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Milliron was a segment controller at a global health insurance services company. He began his career working with a national healthcare management consulting firm focusing primarily on hospital-physician integration strategies and other strategic planning initiatives.
Milliron earn his Master of Business Administration and certification of Health Sector Management from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, and he completed his Bachelor’s degree at Colorado State University with a major in Economics. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA).
- Automated FMV Solutions™
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Webinar: Know Your Value: Trends and Strategies for Success in Implementing Value-Based Compensation, co-presented with Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, in association with the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals, September 15, 2020
- Is Median Compensation in the Crosshairs?, with Albert “Chip” Hutzler, JD, MBA, CVA, Partner and Jim Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Hospitals & Health Systems RX, (a publication of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group), Vol. 18, No. 2, May 2016.
- Best Practices in Regulatory-Compliant Physician Compensation Plan Design, Executive Brief co-authored with Jim Carr, ASA MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review, April 2016.
- Panel Discussion Moderator – Value-Based Physician Compensation – Key Issues and Ideas, with Travis Singleton, SVP, Merritt Hawkins, Marlon Priest, EVP, CMO & Senior Services Market Lead, Bon Secours Health System, Darryl Linnington, CFO, McAlester Regional Medical Center, Nick Bluhm, Director, Strategy and Government Policy, Remedy Partners, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review 4th Annual CEO Roundtable, November 18-19, 2015, Ritz Carlton, Chicago, IL.
- Integrating value into physician employment compensation models, Executive Brief co-authored with Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), August 13, 2014.
- Presentation – Fair Market Value Considerations for Bundled Payment Arrangements, Becker’s Hospital Review 5th Annual CEO & CFO Roundtable, Chicago, IL, November 8, 2016.
- Presentation – Fair Market Value in Hospital-Physician Employment, New England Journal of Medicine Physician Recruitment Summit, Boston, MA, September 23, 2016.
- Webinar Presentation – Is Median Compensation in the Crosshairs?, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, February 17, 2016.
- Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business | Master of Business Administration, Health Sector Management
- Colorado State University | Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Associated of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Segment Strategy and Marketing Manager | Cigna Healthcare, Greenwood Village, CO
- Emerging Markets Segment Controller | Cigna Healthcare, Greenwood Village, CO
- Associate, Medimetrix Group | Denver, CO
Authors: Jim Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew Worthington Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS Often, hospitals and health systems do not wish to incur the administrative burden involved in employing the clinical resources needed to cover their...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF Updated February 9, 2021 for the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 The 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule included recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to...
The FMV Impact on Physician Compensation: Physicians Utilizing Advance Practice Professionals in Global Surgery Settings
Authors: Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF As the general population continues to outpace the number of practicing physicians in the United States, the way healthcare is delivered will continue to evolve to meet demand. One...
Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF Healthcare spending in the United States has been consistently touted as disproportionately high when juxtaposed with certain healthcare outcome measures, including life expectancy and infant...
Authors: Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF As with all sectors of healthcare, the lab industry has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19. In addition to COVID-19, the industry is dealing with reimbursement...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 DLA Piper Healthcare Leadership Conference. A roadmap to recovery and reimagining healthcare in a COVID-19 world. DLA Piper’s 2021 Healthcare Leadership Conference – The roadmap to recovery and reimagining...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 HealthCare General Counsel Virtual Forum. For legal executives in healthcare, the stakes cannot be higher.Managing the legal function of hospitals and healthcare systems has never been easy. And today’s executives...
Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea, M. Ferrari, JD, MPH will be speaking with Michael D. Bossenbroek, Senior Associate General Counsel at Beaumont Health. Looking Back and Looking Ahead at Physician Compensation COVID-19 disrupted health care in unfathomable ways,...
Mar 23 | Webinar: On-Call Coverage – Concepts & Compensation: An overview of call coverage and the variables affecting fair market value
A live webinar hosted by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals (AACPC) featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA, and Manager, Alex J. Houston, JD, CHC. Tuesday, March 23, 2021 11:00 a.m. EST (allow 60 min on...