Jamie McIntyre, JD
Jamie McIntyre is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
McIntyre specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Her primary focus involves the valuation of physician co-management and management arrangements, Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs (“HQEPs”), on-call arrangements and medical directorships.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, McIntyre served as the contract administrator for a 425-bed tertiary acute care hospital. In this capacity she was responsible for the development and lifecycle of hospital contracting, including physician and referral-source arrangements, medical directorships, vendor agreements, research agreements and school affiliations. In addition, she handled the month-end accounting and balance sheet reconciliations for seven hospital-affiliated entities. She previously served as a program manager at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
McIntyre holds a Juris Doctor degree from Florida Coastal School of Law, a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a concentration in Medical Humanities from the University of South Carolina, and a Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae from the South Carolina Honors College.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Whack-a-Mole to Pac-Man: The Evolving Influence of Hospital-Physician Alignment Agreements (co-authored with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH), Journal of Health & Life Science, October 2019, a publication of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Hospital-Physician Alignment Through Service Line Co-Management and Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs: FMV and Commercial Reasonableness Stumbling Blocks with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, The Health Lawyer ( a publication of the American Bar Association Health Law Section), Vol 31, No. 3, February 2019.
- Webinar Panel Member – 2015 in Review: Seven Tips for Hospitals as They Enter the Next Evolution of Post-Affordable Care Act, Value-Based Payment, with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, Manager, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Adria Warren, Esq., Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP, Kelly Anderson, Esq., Associate General Counsel, Baptist Health, Robyn Revelson, Esq., In-House Counsel, Kettering Health Network, and Vivian Gallo, General Counsel, Halifax Health, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, December 9, 2015.
- Hospital Service Line Co-Management Arrangements: Achieving Efficiency and Quality through Hospital/Physician Alignment, featured expert with Ann S. Brandt, PhD, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), February 26, 2014.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with concentration in the Medical Humanities (cum laude)
- South Carolina Honors College at the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)MA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) – Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, FL, Contract Manager
- IM Sulzbacher Medical Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, Patient Advocate (National Health Corps term of service)
- University of South Carolina NanoCenter, Columbia, SC, Nanoscience Interdisciplinary Research Team Member, Founder and Editor of Minus Nine
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Partner Recognized for Excellence – Receives AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Recognition
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 12, 2020 – Hunter Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV, partner with HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, was recently honored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Standing Ovation Recognition Program, which...
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David. W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Escalator clauses, also referred to as cost-of-living adjustments or annual escalators, are provisions embedded into many service contracts that...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF Published in ASC Focus, The ASCA Journal, October 2020 Issue. Transaction activity remains robust, more HOPDs convert to ASCs and median reported EBITDA multiples continue to increase. HealthCare Appraisers released...
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Upgrades Automated FMV Solutions™ – Mobile Use and Other Enhancements Now Available
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 19th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has upgraded its premier automated resource, Automated FMV Solutions™, which provides defensible FMV opinions in minutes. All...
Authors: Giulia F. Pace, MBA, CVA; Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA; and David Y. Lo, CFA Download the PDFThe recent COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the key role of healthcare organizations in helping their communities understand, process and respond to current events. While...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Luis A. Argueso and Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT The 2021 Proposed Rule for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule has serious implications for...
A 30-minute live demonstration featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 14, 2021 12:00 p.m. (allow 60 min on calendar) See firsthand how online FMV calculators provide instant FMV guidance for physician recruiters and...