Jamie McIntyre, JD
Jamie McIntyre is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
McIntyre specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Her primary focus involves the valuation of physician co-management and management arrangements, Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs (“HQEPs”), on-call arrangements and medical directorships.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, McIntyre served as the contract administrator for a 425-bed tertiary acute care hospital. In this capacity she was responsible for the development and lifecycle of hospital contracting, including physician and referral-source arrangements, medical directorships, vendor agreements, research agreements and school affiliations. In addition, she handled the month-end accounting and balance sheet reconciliations for seven hospital-affiliated entities. She previously served as a program manager at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
McIntyre holds a Juris Doctor degree from Florida Coastal School of Law, a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a concentration in Medical Humanities from the University of South Carolina, and a Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae from the South Carolina Honors College.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Service Line Co-Management Arrangements and Medical Directorships…Are They Mutually Exclusive?, April 19, 2021
- Whack-a-Mole to Pac-Man: The Evolving Influence of Hospital-Physician Alignment Agreements (co-authored with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH), Journal of Health & Life Science, October 2019, a publication of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Hospital-Physician Alignment Through Service Line Co-Management and Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs: FMV and Commercial Reasonableness Stumbling Blocks with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, The Health Lawyer ( a publication of the American Bar Association Health Law Section), Vol 31, No. 3, February 2019.
- Webinar Panel Member – 2015 in Review: Seven Tips for Hospitals as They Enter the Next Evolution of Post-Affordable Care Act, Value-Based Payment, with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, Manager, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Adria Warren, Esq., Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP, Kelly Anderson, Esq., Associate General Counsel, Baptist Health, Robyn Revelson, Esq., In-House Counsel, Kettering Health Network, and Vivian Gallo, General Counsel, Halifax Health, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, December 9, 2015.
- Hospital Service Line Co-Management Arrangements: Achieving Efficiency and Quality through Hospital/Physician Alignment, featured expert with Ann S. Brandt, PhD, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), February 26, 2014.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with concentration in the Medical Humanities (cum laude)
- South Carolina Honors College at the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)MA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) – Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, FL, Contract Manager
- IM Sulzbacher Medical Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, Patient Advocate (National Health Corps term of service)
- University of South Carolina NanoCenter, Columbia, SC, Nanoscience Interdisciplinary Research Team Member, Founder and Editor of Minus Nine
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe imaging market in the United States is estimated to generate more than $100 billion annually with radiology practices and imaging centers accounting for approximately $19 billion...
Author: Kevin P. Cassell, ASA and Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA Download the PDFCompensation plans based solely or predominantly on work relative value unit (“wRVU”) production have commonly been included in the employment agreements of physicians and other providers...
Author: Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFAs government and private payors maintain focus on initiatives to promote and optimize performance-based payment systems, hospitals and health systems have consistently sought to identify new strategies to align themselves...
Featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Luis A. Argueso and Intercept TeleMed President and CEO Diego C. Reino, MD. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m EST HealthCare Appraisers and Intercept TeleMed are pleased to deliver a joint webinar demonstrating the...
May 25 | Webinar: Physician Compensation After 2020 Changes to the Stark Law and Antikickback Statute Regulations: FMV, Commercial Reasonableness, and Volume or Value Standards
A Strafford webinar featuring HealthCare Appraiser's Partner Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. A 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel and compliance...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 Tennessee Bar Association Annual Convention. Full-Access Registration for the TBA Annual Convention includes in-person access to all major convention events and programs as well as access to additional virtual...
Jun 16 | Webinar: Service Line Co-Management: The Ultimate Sustainable PSA? Creating Legal, Effective, and Lasting Alignment
A 90-minute Strafford CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraiser's Director, Jamie McIntyre, JD. Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. EDTThis CLE webinar will assist hospital and physician group counsel to optimize service line...