Jamie McIntyre, JD
Jamie McIntyre is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
McIntyre specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Her primary focus involves the valuation of physician co-management and management arrangements, Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs (“HQEPs”), on-call arrangements and medical directorships.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, McIntyre served as the contract administrator for a 425-bed tertiary acute care hospital. In this capacity she was responsible for the development and lifecycle of hospital contracting, including physician and referral-source arrangements, medical directorships, vendor agreements, research agreements and school affiliations. In addition, she handled the month-end accounting and balance sheet reconciliations for seven hospital-affiliated entities. She previously served as a program manager at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
McIntyre holds a Juris Doctor degree from Florida Coastal School of Law, a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a concentration in Medical Humanities from the University of South Carolina, and a Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae from the South Carolina Honors College.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Whack-a-Mole to Pac-Man: The Evolving Influence of Hospital-Physician Alignment Agreements (co-authored with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH), Journal of Health & Life Science, October 2019, a publication of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Hospital-Physician Alignment Through Service Line Co-Management and Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs: FMV and Commercial Reasonableness Stumbling Blocks with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, The Health Lawyer ( a publication of the American Bar Association Health Law Section), Vol 31, No. 3, February 2019.
- Webinar Panel Member – 2015 in Review: Seven Tips for Hospitals as They Enter the Next Evolution of Post-Affordable Care Act, Value-Based Payment, with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, Manager, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Adria Warren, Esq., Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP, Kelly Anderson, Esq., Associate General Counsel, Baptist Health, Robyn Revelson, Esq., In-House Counsel, Kettering Health Network, and Vivian Gallo, General Counsel, Halifax Health, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, December 9, 2015.
- Hospital Service Line Co-Management Arrangements: Achieving Efficiency and Quality through Hospital/Physician Alignment, featured expert with Ann S. Brandt, PhD, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), February 26, 2014.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with concentration in the Medical Humanities (cum laude)
- South Carolina Honors College at the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)MA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) – Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, FL, Contract Manager
- IM Sulzbacher Medical Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, Patient Advocate (National Health Corps term of service)
- University of South Carolina NanoCenter, Columbia, SC, Nanoscience Interdisciplinary Research Team Member, Founder and Editor of Minus Nine
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe urgent care sector has been a quickly growing segment of the healthcare industry over the last several years, and HealthCare Appraisers has observed growth in transactions in this highly...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) play a critical role in the success of healthcare organizations, tasked with standards of care, quality improvement, and medical staff affairs. Accordingly, CMOs often rank...
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF In the aftermath of the determination by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Alex M. Azar II (the “Secretary”), that COVID-19 represents a public health emergency, the Centers for Medicare...
Authors: Kevin Obletz, JD and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, many hospitals had begun to expand their outpatient service offerings, as a result of an increasing number of unoccupied inpatient beds. Furthermore,...
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, David Sands, ASA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFIn forming and evaluating management agreements, hospital operators and counsels alike can have varying expectations as to the nature, structure and value of these...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as the Program Sponsor for the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum. This program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. This program...
HealthCare Appraisers will serve as a Platinum Sponsor for the 32nd Annual Health Law Forum. This forum will take place virtually via live webcast. Recognized as one of the premier health law programs in the country, this annual forum addresses key issues impacting...