Jamie McIntyre, JD
Jamie McIntyre is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
McIntyre specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Her primary focus involves the valuation of physician co-management and management arrangements, Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs (“HQEPs”), on-call arrangements and medical directorships.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, McIntyre served as the contract administrator for a 425-bed tertiary acute care hospital. In this capacity she was responsible for the development and lifecycle of hospital contracting, including physician and referral-source arrangements, medical directorships, vendor agreements, research agreements and school affiliations. In addition, she handled the month-end accounting and balance sheet reconciliations for seven hospital-affiliated entities. She previously served as a program manager at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
McIntyre holds a Juris Doctor degree from Florida Coastal School of Law, a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a concentration in Medical Humanities from the University of South Carolina, and a Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae from the South Carolina Honors College.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Whack-a-Mole to Pac-Man: The Evolving Influence of Hospital-Physician Alignment Agreements (co-authored with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH), Journal of Health & Life Science, October 2019, a publication of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Hospital-Physician Alignment Through Service Line Co-Management and Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs: FMV and Commercial Reasonableness Stumbling Blocks with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, The Health Lawyer ( a publication of the American Bar Association Health Law Section), Vol 31, No. 3, February 2019.
- Webinar Panel Member – 2015 in Review: Seven Tips for Hospitals as They Enter the Next Evolution of Post-Affordable Care Act, Value-Based Payment, with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, Manager, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Adria Warren, Esq., Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP, Kelly Anderson, Esq., Associate General Counsel, Baptist Health, Robyn Revelson, Esq., In-House Counsel, Kettering Health Network, and Vivian Gallo, General Counsel, Halifax Health, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, December 9, 2015.
- Hospital Service Line Co-Management Arrangements: Achieving Efficiency and Quality through Hospital/Physician Alignment, featured expert with Ann S. Brandt, PhD, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), February 26, 2014.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with concentration in the Medical Humanities (cum laude)
- South Carolina Honors College at the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)MA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) – Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, FL, Contract Manager
- IM Sulzbacher Medical Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, Patient Advocate (National Health Corps term of service)
- University of South Carolina NanoCenter, Columbia, SC, Nanoscience Interdisciplinary Research Team Member, Founder and Editor of Minus Nine
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Author: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH and Jamie McIntyre, JD Originally published by the American Health Lawyers Association in the October 2019 Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law. ABSTRACT: In 21st century health care, the nature and terms of contracts...
Author: Robert Kurtz with Commentary from Matthew J. Muller, ASA. Published by The ASCA Journal October 2019. The ASC industry is a hotbed of transaction activity. That activity is helping to drive up the value of facilities and likely spurring the development...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Kristina Kheyfets and David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF A recent ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit may put new focus on the importance of documenting fair market value (“FMV”) in transactions between...
Authors: C.J. Laird, MEd and Brandon J. Billeaudeau, MPA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) issued preliminary proposed changes to the Physician Self-Referral Law (“Stark Law”) and the Federal Anti-Kickback...
November 14 | Narrowing the Rural Health Disparity Gap: Success in Using ACOs and Integrated Care Models
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)Format: Live WebinarTopic: Narrowing the Rural Health Disparity Gap: Success in Using ACO’s and Integrated Care Models Featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. In the third and final webinar in the...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: AHLA Fundamentals of Health Law Forum – November 17-19, Chicago, IL Presenting: Chip Hutzler, PartnerPresentation Title: Fundamentals of Health Care Valuation for Lawyers The AHLA Fundamentals of Health Law...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ABA 17th Annual Washington Health Law Summit – December 9-10, Washington, DC Presenting: Chip Hutzler, PartnerPresentation Title: All Things Stark in 2019 Whether you are in-house counsel, in private practice, a...