Jamie McIntyre, JD
Jamie McIntyre is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
McIntyre specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Her primary focus involves the valuation of physician co-management and management arrangements, Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs (“HQEPs”), on-call arrangements and medical directorships.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, McIntyre served as the contract administrator for a 425-bed tertiary acute care hospital. In this capacity she was responsible for the development and lifecycle of hospital contracting, including physician and referral-source arrangements, medical directorships, vendor agreements, research agreements and school affiliations. In addition, she handled the month-end accounting and balance sheet reconciliations for seven hospital-affiliated entities. She previously served as a program manager at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
McIntyre holds a Juris Doctor degree from Florida Coastal School of Law, a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a concentration in Medical Humanities from the University of South Carolina, and a Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae from the South Carolina Honors College.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Whack-a-Mole to Pac-Man: The Evolving Influence of Hospital-Physician Alignment Agreements (co-authored with Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH), Journal of Health & Life Science, October 2019, a publication of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Hospital-Physician Alignment Through Service Line Co-Management and Hospital Quality and Efficiency Programs: FMV and Commercial Reasonableness Stumbling Blocks with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, The Health Lawyer ( a publication of the American Bar Association Health Law Section), Vol 31, No. 3, February 2019.
- Webinar Panel Member – 2015 in Review: Seven Tips for Hospitals as They Enter the Next Evolution of Post-Affordable Care Act, Value-Based Payment, with Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, Manager, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Adria Warren, Esq., Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP, Kelly Anderson, Esq., Associate General Counsel, Baptist Health, Robyn Revelson, Esq., In-House Counsel, Kettering Health Network, and Vivian Gallo, General Counsel, Halifax Health, hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, Wednesday, December 9, 2015.
- Hospital Service Line Co-Management Arrangements: Achieving Efficiency and Quality through Hospital/Physician Alignment, featured expert with Ann S. Brandt, PhD, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), February 26, 2014.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with concentration in the Medical Humanities (cum laude)
- South Carolina Honors College at the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Baccalaureus Artium et Scientiae
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)MA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) – Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, FL, Contract Manager
- IM Sulzbacher Medical Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, Patient Advocate (National Health Corps term of service)
- University of South Carolina NanoCenter, Columbia, SC, Nanoscience Interdisciplinary Research Team Member, Founder and Editor of Minus Nine
Authors: Jim Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew Worthington Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS Often, hospitals and health systems do not wish to incur the administrative burden involved in employing the clinical resources needed to cover their...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF Updated February 9, 2021 for the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 The 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule included recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to...
The FMV Impact on Physician Compensation: Physicians Utilizing Advance Practice Professionals in Global Surgery Settings
Authors: Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF As the general population continues to outpace the number of practicing physicians in the United States, the way healthcare is delivered will continue to evolve to meet demand. One...
Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF Healthcare spending in the United States has been consistently touted as disproportionately high when juxtaposed with certain healthcare outcome measures, including life expectancy and infant...
Authors: Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF As with all sectors of healthcare, the lab industry has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19. In addition to COVID-19, the industry is dealing with reimbursement...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 DLA Piper Healthcare Leadership Conference. A roadmap to recovery and reimagining healthcare in a COVID-19 world. DLA Piper’s 2021 Healthcare Leadership Conference – The roadmap to recovery and reimagining...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 HealthCare General Counsel Virtual Forum. For legal executives in healthcare, the stakes cannot be higher.Managing the legal function of hospitals and healthcare systems has never been easy. And today’s executives...
Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea, M. Ferrari, JD, MPH will be speaking with Michael D. Bossenbroek, Senior Associate General Counsel at Beaumont Health. Looking Back and Looking Ahead at Physician Compensation COVID-19 disrupted health care in unfathomable ways,...
Mar 23 | Webinar: On-Call Coverage – Concepts & Compensation: An overview of call coverage and the variables affecting fair market value
A live webinar hosted by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals (AACPC) featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA, and Manager, Alex J. Houston, JD, CHC. Tuesday, March 23, 2021 11:00 a.m. EST (allow 60 min on...