Hunter M. Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV
Hunter Outcalt is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Outcalt specializes in business valuation, intellectual property valuation, and transaction consulting services. His experience includes working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, consultants, bankers, and private equity groups to assist with a variety of transactions in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he was an associate with Deloitte and Touche.
Outcalt is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Florida and holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) certification from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He holds a Master of Taxation from Florida Atlantic University and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Fisher School of Accounting at the University of Florida.
- Business Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2019 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2019.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s ASC 24th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 18-20, 2018.
- Pathways to Success: Proposed Changes to the Medicare Shared Savings Program May Impact ACO Enterprise Valuations, with Jarrod Barraza, FMVantagePoint (Web Edition), September 25, 2018.
- 2017 and expected future ASC trends, featured expert, Becker’s ASC Review (Web Edition), June 1, 2018.
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2018 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2018.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s 15th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine, June 22-24, 2017, Chicago, IL.
- What is the Value of Your Practice?, with John Hakanson, Florida Doctor, Spring 2017 Issue.
- ASC Valuation Trends and Developments, with John Hakanson, EndoEconomics, Spring/Summer 2017 Issue, April 23, 2017.
- Presentation – Applications of Valuation in Healthcare, with John Hakanson, Guest Lecture, University of Miami School of Business Administration, Miami, FL, April 6, 2017.
- ASC ownership trends in 2017: More complex joint venture deals, featured expert, Becker’s Hospital Review (Web Edition), March 21, 2017.
- Earning Higher Multiples Past Financials, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, Nov. 13, 2015.
- What to Look for Beyond EBITDA, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, September 16, 2015.
- Florida Atlantic University | Boca Raton, FL | Master of Taxation
- Fisher School of Accounting, University of Florida | Gainesville, FL | Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – licensed in Florida
- Accredited in Business Valuation – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP | Boca Raton, FL | Associate
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVAOriginally published by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals. "The cornerstones of regulatory compliance, the concepts of commercial reasonableness and fair market value (“FMV”) are...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Sept. 1, 2021 – Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. has appointed a new Women’s Leadership Council. The council will be working on several initiatives with other leaders in the company to advance dialogue about issues impacting equity, inclusion, and...
BOCA RATON, Fla., August 30, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, has been appointed Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer for Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. In this position, Ms. Ferrari will lead Healthcare Appraisers’ diversity, equity and inclusion strategies....
OIG Advisory Opinion: Will Clarification on Group Practice Definition Create Additional Opportunities for Physician Investors?
Authors: Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH and Kevin Obletz, J.D., CVA Download the PDFA recent Advisory Opinion (“AO”) offers clarification on the group practice definition for purposes of Section 1877(h)(4) of the Social Security Act and 42 CFR §411.352 (collectively, the...
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Proposed Rule for the 2022 Physician Fee Schedule (as of July 2021) includes updates to the Open Payments Program to require additional information with respect to the...
HealthCare Appraisers is the Exclusive Platinum Sponsor of both the virtual and in-person events. This important program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. The...
Sept 27 | Webinar: Care Coordination, Clinical Integration, Group Practices and Research, Oh, My: Designing Healthcare Provider Incentives After COVID and New Stark Law and AKS Final Rules
A Strafford webinar featuring Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A. Date: Monday, September 27, 2021Time: 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT Overview: This CLE webinar will guide...
Healthcare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #231. EXPERIENCE EDUCATION, INNOVATION AND CONNECTION TO DRIVE EXCELLENCE. You won't want to miss the impressive line-up of educational sessions chock-full of tools, case studies and actionable takeaways. The line-up...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Bronze Sponsor of this event. BRINGING THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL REAL ESTATE INTO FOCUS These unprecedented times have intensified change in the rapidly evolving healthcare real estate market, and they require a renewed focus on the...