Hunter M. Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV
Hunter Outcalt is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Outcalt specializes in business valuation, intellectual property valuation, and transaction consulting services. His experience includes working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, consultants, bankers, and private equity groups to assist with a variety of transactions in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he was an associate with Deloitte and Touche.
Outcalt is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Florida and holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) certification from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He holds a Master of Taxation from Florida Atlantic University and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Fisher School of Accounting at the University of Florida.
- Business Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2019 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2019.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s ASC 24th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 18-20, 2018.
- Pathways to Success: Proposed Changes to the Medicare Shared Savings Program May Impact ACO Enterprise Valuations, with Jarrod Barraza, FMVantagePoint (Web Edition), September 25, 2018.
- 2017 and expected future ASC trends, featured expert, Becker’s ASC Review (Web Edition), June 1, 2018.
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2018 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2018.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s 15th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine, June 22-24, 2017, Chicago, IL.
- What is the Value of Your Practice?, with John Hakanson, Florida Doctor, Spring 2017 Issue.
- ASC Valuation Trends and Developments, with John Hakanson, EndoEconomics, Spring/Summer 2017 Issue, April 23, 2017.
- Presentation – Applications of Valuation in Healthcare, with John Hakanson, Guest Lecture, University of Miami School of Business Administration, Miami, FL, April 6, 2017.
- ASC ownership trends in 2017: More complex joint venture deals, featured expert, Becker’s Hospital Review (Web Edition), March 21, 2017.
- Earning Higher Multiples Past Financials, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, Nov. 13, 2015.
- What to Look for Beyond EBITDA, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, September 16, 2015.
- Florida Atlantic University | Boca Raton, FL | Master of Taxation
- Fisher School of Accounting, University of Florida | Gainesville, FL | Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – licensed in Florida
- Accredited in Business Valuation – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP | Boca Raton, FL | Associate
Authors: David Y. Lo, CFA, Matthew J. Muller ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF Emerging as an essential tool in the efforts to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the telemedicine industry is expected to reach $155 billion, growing at a compound...
Authors: Kristina Kheyfets, David Sands, CVA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFAs COVID-19 continues to financially disrupt healthcare organizations across the nation, clinical laboratories of all sizes have played a vital role ramping up to meet the...
In April 2020, HealthCare Appraisers provided financial support and professional expertise for an AHLA podcast series addressing various topics of interest to hospitals preparing for and responding to the COVID-19 crisis. Two of the podcast sessions, available below,...
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 14 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation firm with offices nationwide, released its 2020 On-Call Summary Review of on-call coverage trends and statistics. The publication includes information related to salient features of...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present the 2020 Summary Review of on-call coverage trends and statistics. Over the past five years, we have captured data from thousands of on-call coverage analyses performed on behalf of healthcare facilities of varying sizes...
Jun 2 | Webinar: Structuring Physician Incentives: Regulatory Compliance, Avoiding Potential Pitfalls
Fair Market Value, Commercial Reasonableness, and Volume/Value of Referrals Considerations A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. Tuesday, June 2, 2020 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT ...
Jun 25 | Webinar: Maintaining Hospital Nonprofit Status: Municipal Litigation, Federal and State Challenges
Ensuring Compliance With Federal, State, and Local Tax-Exempt Requirements Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP. Thursday, June 25, 2020...
Every year, nearly 1,500 health law professionals join AHLA at its Annual Meeting to get the most current information and analysis on a myriad of legal issues facing the health care industry in thoughtful, practical solution-oriented sessions . This year is, of...
Happening live July 9–10 and available on demand until October 31 For more than two decades, ASCA’s annual conference has remained the premier, can’t-miss event for the ASC community and this year’s virtual conference is no different. Just like ASCA’s in-person...