Hunter M. Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV
Hunter Outcalt is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Outcalt specializes in business valuation, intellectual property valuation, and transaction consulting services. His experience includes working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, consultants, bankers, and private equity groups to assist with a variety of transactions in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he was an associate with Deloitte and Touche.
Outcalt is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Florida and holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) certification from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He holds a Master of Taxation from Florida Atlantic University and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Fisher School of Accounting at the University of Florida.
- Business Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2019 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2019.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s ASC 24th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 18-20, 2018.
- Pathways to Success: Proposed Changes to the Medicare Shared Savings Program May Impact ACO Enterprise Valuations, with Jarrod Barraza, FMVantagePoint (Web Edition), September 25, 2018.
- 2017 and expected future ASC trends, featured expert, Becker’s ASC Review (Web Edition), June 1, 2018.
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2018 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2018.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s 15th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine, June 22-24, 2017, Chicago, IL.
- What is the Value of Your Practice?, with John Hakanson, Florida Doctor, Spring 2017 Issue.
- ASC Valuation Trends and Developments, with John Hakanson, EndoEconomics, Spring/Summer 2017 Issue, April 23, 2017.
- Presentation – Applications of Valuation in Healthcare, with John Hakanson, Guest Lecture, University of Miami School of Business Administration, Miami, FL, April 6, 2017.
- ASC ownership trends in 2017: More complex joint venture deals, featured expert, Becker’s Hospital Review (Web Edition), March 21, 2017.
- Earning Higher Multiples Past Financials, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, Nov. 13, 2015.
- What to Look for Beyond EBITDA, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, September 16, 2015.
- Florida Atlantic University | Boca Raton, FL | Master of Taxation
- Fisher School of Accounting, University of Florida | Gainesville, FL | Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – licensed in Florida
- Accredited in Business Valuation – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP | Boca Raton, FL | Associate
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG) recently released a Special Fraud Alert aimed at pharmaceutical and device companies that use speaker programs to compensate physicians and...
Author: Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFOn April 29, 2021, the Office of Inspector General (the “OIG”) posted Advisory Opinion No. 21-02, which addressed a request from a health system and management company (the “Requestors”) for review of a proposed...
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe imaging market in the United States is estimated to generate more than $100 billion annually with radiology practices and imaging centers accounting for approximately $19 billion...
HealthCare Appraiser's Partner, Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH will co-present The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Year: How Did We Do and Where do We Go From Here? Understanding the Strides and Obstacles to Diversity and Inclusion Through the Lens of COVID....