Hunter M. Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV
Hunter Outcalt is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Outcalt specializes in business valuation, intellectual property valuation, and transaction consulting services. His experience includes working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, consultants, bankers, and private equity groups to assist with a variety of transactions in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he was an associate with Deloitte and Touche.
Outcalt is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Florida and holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) certification from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He holds a Master of Taxation from Florida Atlantic University and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Fisher School of Accounting at the University of Florida.
- Business Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2019 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2019.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s ASC 24th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 18-20, 2018.
- Pathways to Success: Proposed Changes to the Medicare Shared Savings Program May Impact ACO Enterprise Valuations, with Jarrod Barraza, FMVantagePoint (Web Edition), September 25, 2018.
- 2017 and expected future ASC trends, featured expert, Becker’s ASC Review (Web Edition), June 1, 2018.
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2018 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2018.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s 15th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine, June 22-24, 2017, Chicago, IL.
- What is the Value of Your Practice?, with John Hakanson, Florida Doctor, Spring 2017 Issue.
- ASC Valuation Trends and Developments, with John Hakanson, EndoEconomics, Spring/Summer 2017 Issue, April 23, 2017.
- Presentation – Applications of Valuation in Healthcare, with John Hakanson, Guest Lecture, University of Miami School of Business Administration, Miami, FL, April 6, 2017.
- ASC ownership trends in 2017: More complex joint venture deals, featured expert, Becker’s Hospital Review (Web Edition), March 21, 2017.
- Earning Higher Multiples Past Financials, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, Nov. 13, 2015.
- What to Look for Beyond EBITDA, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, September 16, 2015.
- Florida Atlantic University | Boca Raton, FL | Master of Taxation
- Fisher School of Accounting, University of Florida | Gainesville, FL | Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – licensed in Florida
- Accredited in Business Valuation – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP | Boca Raton, FL | Associate
Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses – Part Two
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDFMandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses - Part One On February 3, 2021, HealthCare Appraisers published an article detailing the...
Authors: Luis A. Argueso, Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew L. Worthington Download the PDF INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS The Affordable Care Act has significantly altered the alignment between hospitals and clinical providers....
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Releases New Publication – 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements
BOCA RATON, Fla., March 10th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage...
2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide of hospital-based clinical coverage arrangement trends, statistics, and insights. From 2017 through 2019, we have captured data from over one thousand analyses performed on behalf of...
Authors: Jim Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew Worthington Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS Often, hospitals and health systems do not wish to incur the administrative burden involved in employing the clinical resources needed to cover their...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Luis A. Argueso. Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m EST The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated provider and patient adoption of telemedicine. By one measure, the volume of telemedicine visits covered by...