Hunter M. Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV
Address: 2101 NW Corporate Blvd.,
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Phone: (561) 330-3488
Fax: (561) 330-3266
Hunter Outcalt is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Outcalt specializes in business valuation, intellectual property valuation, and transaction consulting services. His experience includes working with healthcare organizations, attorneys, administrators, providers, developers, consultants, bankers, and private equity groups to assist with a variety of transactions in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he was an associate with Deloitte and Touche.
Outcalt is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Florida and holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) certification from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He holds a Master of Taxation from Florida Atlantic University and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Fisher School of Accounting at the University of Florida.
- Business Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2019 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2019.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s ASC 24th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 18-20, 2018.
- Pathways to Success: Proposed Changes to the Medicare Shared Savings Program May Impact ACO Enterprise Valuations, with Jarrod Barraza, FMVantagePoint (Web Edition), September 25, 2018.
- 2017 and expected future ASC trends, featured expert, Becker’s ASC Review (Web Edition), June 1, 2018.
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2018 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2018.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s 15th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine, June 22-24, 2017, Chicago, IL.
- What is the Value of Your Practice?, with John Hakanson, Florida Doctor, Spring 2017 Issue.
- ASC Valuation Trends and Developments, with John Hakanson, EndoEconomics, Spring/Summer 2017 Issue, April 23, 2017.
- Presentation – Applications of Valuation in Healthcare, with John Hakanson, Guest Lecture, University of Miami School of Business Administration, Miami, FL, April 6, 2017.
- ASC ownership trends in 2017: More complex joint venture deals, featured expert, Becker’s Hospital Review (Web Edition), March 21, 2017.
- Earning Higher Multiples Past Financials, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, Nov. 13, 2015.
- What to Look for Beyond EBITDA, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, September 16, 2015.
- Florida Atlantic University | Boca Raton, FL | Master of Taxation
- Fisher School of Accounting, University of Florida | Gainesville, FL | Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – licensed in Florida
- Accredited in Business Valuation – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP | Boca Raton, FL | Associate
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Giulia Pace, MBA, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFAcquisition activity involving physician practices has been occurring at a robust pace for many years. A February 2019 presentation by the Physicians Advocacy Institute...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 8, 2020 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, announced its most recent professional staff promotions effective January 2020. “On behalf of HealthCare Appraisers, we congratulate these five...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 7, 2020 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, named Kevin Obletz, JD as a new partner in the organization. “On behalf of HealthCare Appraisers, we congratulate Kevin and welcome him to the...
Authors: David W. Sands, CVA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) released new Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) proposed rules that...
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Jan 23 | Webinar: Structuring Healthcare Management Arrangements: Corporate Practice of Medicine, Regulatory Compliance
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers’ Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:00pm-2:30pm EST, 10:00am-11:30am PST To register or learn more, please visit the Strafford website:...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: AHLA Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute – February 10-12, Phoenix, AZ Co-Presenter: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Partner Topic: Fair Market Value in Health Care–The Seventh Annual Year in Review: A Whole New...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ELFA Equipment Management Conference - Booth #6 – February 23-25, Orlando, FL ELFA has been serving equipment management professionals for over a quarter of a century. GREAT SESSIONS that bring you up-to-date...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: PBI Health Law Institute – March 11-12, Philadelphia, PA The event of the year for every health law professional. Mark your calendar for the Health Law Institute 2020. The Institute will provide an update on...