Daryl P. Johnson, MAcc, CVA
Daryl Johnson is the Managing Partner and Co-Founder in the Boca Raton office.
Johnson has over 30 years of valuation, financial and operational experience, with more than 25 years of experience in the healthcare sector, focusing primarily on any type of agreement or compensation arrangement which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Prior to founding HealthCare Appraisers, Johnson served as the chief financial officer and chief operating officer of a national, publicly traded, cancer management company and the chief operating officer of a national, neuro-musculoskeletal physician management company. He has also been responsible for the development and operation of a national network of outpatient bone marrow transplant centers; clinical trials programs; clinical laboratories; ambulatory surgery centers; imaging centers; and physical therapy programs.
Johnson is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and holds a Master of Accountancy degree. He is a member of the National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA) and the Medical Group Management Association. He is a frequent speaker and author on healthcare valuation topics.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Master of Accountancy
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, BSBA in Accounting (with high honors)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- CPA, Tennessee (inactive)
- American Health Law Association (AHLA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- OMNA Medical Partners , Inc., Boca Raton, FL, Chief Operating Officer(a neuro-musculoskeletal physician management company)
- Response Oncology, Inc., Memphis, TN Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer (a publicly traded cancer management company)
- Ernst & Whinney, Nashville, TN
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...