Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
Recent Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Enforcement Actions Highlight the Importance of the Valuator’s Role
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDF MODERNIZING MEDICINE On November 1, 2022, the U.S. Department of Justice (“DOJ”) filed a complaint, intervening in a 2017 whistleblower lawsuit, against a South Florida electronic health...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CARE Physician practice acquisition activity has been robust for many years, resulting in a change in the composition of physician employment and...
Author: Matthew J. Milliron, CVA, MBA Download the PDFORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROVIDER COMPENSATION PROFESSIONALS Although commercial reasonableness has been a key concept in healthcare regulation since 1998, it was not until 2021 that it...
Authors: Andrew Worthington and James R. Hills, CPA/ABV Download the PDFORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROVIDER COMPENSATION PROFESSIONALS HOSPITAL-BASED CARE Due to requirements set forth by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor ACT...
Authors: Erica Jacobovitz, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDFThe Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) has long provided a uniform, consistent schedule for determining the payment rates for individual physician services. The MPFS is regularly updated by...
March 4-6, 2023 | San Antonio, TX HealthCare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #1306. REGISTRATION For more information and registration, please visit the ATA website.
March 9-10, 2023 | Plymouth, MI HealthCare Appraisers is proud to serve as a Silver Sponsor, and Senior Associate C.J. Laird, MEd will be co-presenting Stark Law Update and Practical Implications. Keep Pace with Critical Change in Health Care Law Join us in person for...
April 26-28, 2023 | Chicago, IL HealthCare Appraisers is proud to serve as a Bronze Sponsor and exhibitor. Medical real estate has proven itself as a resilient, ever-growing asset class. Healthcare real estate is moving at full tilt, with the decentralization of...