Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- The FMV Impact on Physician Compensation: Physicians Utilizing Advance Practice Professionals in Global Surgery Settings, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, February 9, 2021
- FMVantage Point: The Role of Valuation Firms in the Self-Disclosure Process, April 17, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: Post-Acute Providers – Focus on Compliance with Physician Administrative Services, April 3, 2018.
- Navigating the Complexities of Medical Director and Other Administrative Arrangements, co-authored with Berta Narohna, March 13, 2018.
- Beware of Stark Law ‘self-dealing’, by Barbara Landy, Scott Safriet and Paul Risner, Long Term Living, August 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy – The Stark Law. Florida Health Care Association 2008 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 4, 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy and Dwight Chenette – Covering More Lives by Improving the Public Safety Net. American College of Health Care Executives Congress on Healthcare Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, March 30, 2006.
- Interview with Barbara Landy – Caring for Larger Residents; Preserving Dignity without Sacrificing Safety, Nursing Homes, November 2003.
- Decentralizing Supply Carts Boosts Productivity, by Barbara Landy, Health Facilities Management,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVAOriginally published by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals. "The cornerstones of regulatory compliance, the concepts of commercial reasonableness and fair market value (“FMV”) are...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Sept. 1, 2021 – Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. has appointed a new Women’s Leadership Council. The council will be working on several initiatives with other leaders in the company to advance dialogue about issues impacting equity, inclusion, and...
BOCA RATON, Fla., August 30, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, has been appointed Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer for Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. In this position, Ms. Ferrari will lead Healthcare Appraisers’ diversity, equity and inclusion strategies....
OIG Advisory Opinion: Will Clarification on Group Practice Definition Create Additional Opportunities for Physician Investors?
Authors: Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH and Kevin Obletz, J.D., CVA Download the PDFA recent Advisory Opinion (“AO”) offers clarification on the group practice definition for purposes of Section 1877(h)(4) of the Social Security Act and 42 CFR §411.352 (collectively, the...
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Proposed Rule for the 2022 Physician Fee Schedule (as of July 2021) includes updates to the Open Payments Program to require additional information with respect to the...
HealthCare Appraisers is the Exclusive Platinum Sponsor of both the virtual and in-person events. This important program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. The...
Sept 27 | Webinar: Care Coordination, Clinical Integration, Group Practices and Research, Oh, My: Designing Healthcare Provider Incentives After COVID and New Stark Law and AKS Final Rules
A Strafford webinar featuring Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A. Date: Monday, September 27, 2021Time: 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT Overview: This CLE webinar will guide...
Healthcare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #231. EXPERIENCE EDUCATION, INNOVATION AND CONNECTION TO DRIVE EXCELLENCE. You won't want to miss the impressive line-up of educational sessions chock-full of tools, case studies and actionable takeaways. The line-up...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Bronze Sponsor of this event. BRINGING THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL REAL ESTATE INTO FOCUS These unprecedented times have intensified change in the rapidly evolving healthcare real estate market, and they require a renewed focus on the...