Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- The FMV Impact on Physician Compensation: Physicians Utilizing Advance Practice Professionals in Global Surgery Settings, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, February 9, 2021
- FMVantage Point: The Role of Valuation Firms in the Self-Disclosure Process, April 17, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: Post-Acute Providers – Focus on Compliance with Physician Administrative Services, April 3, 2018.
- Navigating the Complexities of Medical Director and Other Administrative Arrangements, co-authored with Berta Narohna, March 13, 2018.
- Beware of Stark Law ‘self-dealing’, by Barbara Landy, Scott Safriet and Paul Risner, Long Term Living, August 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy – The Stark Law. Florida Health Care Association 2008 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 4, 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy and Dwight Chenette – Covering More Lives by Improving the Public Safety Net. American College of Health Care Executives Congress on Healthcare Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, March 30, 2006.
- Interview with Barbara Landy – Caring for Larger Residents; Preserving Dignity without Sacrificing Safety, Nursing Homes, November 2003.
- Decentralizing Supply Carts Boosts Productivity, by Barbara Landy, Health Facilities Management,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses – Part Two
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDFMandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses - Part One On February 3, 2021, HealthCare Appraisers published an article detailing the...
Authors: Luis A. Argueso, Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew L. Worthington Download the PDF INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS The Affordable Care Act has significantly altered the alignment between hospitals and clinical providers....
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Releases New Publication – 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements
BOCA RATON, Fla., March 10th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage...
2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide: Trends and Data Insights for Hospital-Based Clinical Coverage Arrangements
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its 2021 Review and Benchmarking Guide of hospital-based clinical coverage arrangement trends, statistics, and insights. From 2017 through 2019, we have captured data from over one thousand analyses performed on behalf of...
Authors: Jim Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew Worthington Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS Often, hospitals and health systems do not wish to incur the administrative burden involved in employing the clinical resources needed to cover their...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Luis A. Argueso. Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m EST The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated provider and patient adoption of telemedicine. By one measure, the volume of telemedicine visits covered by...