Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: The Role of Valuation Firms in the Self-Disclosure Process, April 17, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: Post-Acute Providers – Focus on Compliance with Physician Administrative Services, April 3, 2018.
- Navigating the Complexities of Medical Director and Other Administrative Arrangements, co-authored with Berta Narohna, March 13, 2018.
- Beware of Stark Law ‘self-dealing’, by Barbara Landy, Scott Safriet and Paul Risner, Long Term Living, August 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy – The Stark Law. Florida Health Care Association 2008 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 4, 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy and Dwight Chenette – Covering More Lives by Improving the Public Safety Net. American College of Health Care Executives Congress on Healthcare Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, March 30, 2006.
- Interview with Barbara Landy – Caring for Larger Residents; Preserving Dignity without Sacrificing Safety, Nursing Homes, November 2003.
- Decentralizing Supply Carts Boosts Productivity, by Barbara Landy, Health Facilities Management,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
Authors: Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF THE FERTILITY INDUSTRY At HealthCare Appraisers, we are observing a growing interest in the fertility market. Numerous factors, many of which are unique to this...
Authors: Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW & HISTORY A Certificate of Need (“CON”) is a formal permit issued by a state department of health or other state regulatory agency and grants a company...
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Giulia Pace, MBA, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFAcquisition activity involving physician practices has been occurring at a robust pace for many years. A February 2019 presentation by the Physicians Advocacy Institute...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 8, 2020 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, announced its most recent professional staff promotions effective January 2020. “On behalf of HealthCare Appraisers, we congratulate these five...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 7, 2020 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, named Kevin Obletz, JD as a new partner in the organization. “On behalf of HealthCare Appraisers, we congratulate Kevin and welcome him to the...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: PBI Health Law Institute – March 11-12, Philadelphia, PA The event of the year for every health law professional. Mark your calendar for the Health Law Institute 2020. The Institute will provide an update on...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: AMGA 2020 Annual Conference - Booth #329 – March 25-28, San Diego, CA This conference is designed for healthcare leaders of group practices, integrated delivery systems, ACOs, academic/faculty practices, clinically...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: BOMA Medical Office & Healthcare Real Estate Conference | April 28-May 1, San Diego, CA SMART STRATEGIES FOR FUTURE SUCCESS Knowing what's on the horizon in healthcare real estate is essential for pursuing a sound,...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ATA2020 - Booth #1214 – May 3-8, Phoenix, AZ ATA2020 is the world’s largest telehealth innovation and networking event. It’s where providers, technology developers, business professionals and leaders from across the...