Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: The Role of Valuation Firms in the Self-Disclosure Process, April 17, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: Post-Acute Providers – Focus on Compliance with Physician Administrative Services, April 3, 2018.
- Navigating the Complexities of Medical Director and Other Administrative Arrangements, co-authored with Berta Narohna, March 13, 2018.
- Beware of Stark Law ‘self-dealing’, by Barbara Landy, Scott Safriet and Paul Risner, Long Term Living, August 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy – The Stark Law. Florida Health Care Association 2008 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 4, 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy and Dwight Chenette – Covering More Lives by Improving the Public Safety Net. American College of Health Care Executives Congress on Healthcare Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, March 30, 2006.
- Interview with Barbara Landy – Caring for Larger Residents; Preserving Dignity without Sacrificing Safety, Nursing Homes, November 2003.
- Decentralizing Supply Carts Boosts Productivity, by Barbara Landy, Health Facilities Management,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Upgrades Automated FMV Solutions™ – Mobile Use and Other Enhancements Now Available
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 19th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has upgraded its premier automated resource, Automated FMV Solutions™, which provides defensible FMV opinions in minutes. All...
Authors: Giulia F. Pace, MBA, CVA; Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA; and David Y. Lo, CFA Download the PDFThe recent COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the key role of healthcare organizations in helping their communities understand, process and respond to current events. While...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 10th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, the 2020 Physician Relocation Study. The study provides key trends and data from nearly a decade of...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its 2020 Physician Relocation Study. This study analyzes the long-term relocation patterns of a large sample of physicians at all stages of their careers. Our firm provides fair market value (FMV) opinions for thousands of...
Author: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDFThe 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) proposed rule includes recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to increase the work relative value units (wRVUs) for common evaluation and...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as a sponsor for the 38th Annual IAHA Health Law Symposium. 2020 has been an unprecedented year in Health Law. IAHA Symposium Chair Nick Brescia, with the support of his Committee, have built a schedule of symposium sessions...
Nov 17 | Webinar: Protect Your Hospital’s Nonprofit Status: Preparing for Local, State and Federal Challenges
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP and Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C.'s Chair - Corporate, Business & Banking Group, Marie K. McConnell. Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. EDT (Seeking CLE...