Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: The Role of Valuation Firms in the Self-Disclosure Process, April 17, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: Post-Acute Providers – Focus on Compliance with Physician Administrative Services, April 3, 2018.
- Navigating the Complexities of Medical Director and Other Administrative Arrangements, co-authored with Berta Narohna, March 13, 2018.
- Beware of Stark Law ‘self-dealing’, by Barbara Landy, Scott Safriet and Paul Risner, Long Term Living, August 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy – The Stark Law. Florida Health Care Association 2008 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 4, 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy and Dwight Chenette – Covering More Lives by Improving the Public Safety Net. American College of Health Care Executives Congress on Healthcare Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, March 30, 2006.
- Interview with Barbara Landy – Caring for Larger Residents; Preserving Dignity without Sacrificing Safety, Nursing Homes, November 2003.
- Decentralizing Supply Carts Boosts Productivity, by Barbara Landy, Health Facilities Management,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, David Sands, ASA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFIn forming and evaluating management agreements, hospital operators and counsels alike can have varying expectations as to the nature, structure and value of these...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Aug. 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation firm with offices nationwide, released its new publication, A Comprehensive Guide to Pathology Arrangements. The guide provides an overview of key concepts and terminology used in...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its Comprehensive Guide to Pathology Arrangements. This guide provides an overview of key concepts and terminology used in pathology as well as a more in-depth description of the most common pathology service arrangements we...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF The imaging market in the United States is estimated to generate more than $100 billion annually with radiology practices and imaging centers accounting for approximately $19 billion...
Featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH Time: 90 minutesSession Format: On Demand RecordingCLE Credit Available: No Recently the government issued blanket Stark waivers and Anti-Kickback guidance related to COVID-19 physician arrangements. This...
Legal and Regulatory Issues for CINs, Organizational Structure, Governance, and More A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. Tuesday, August 18, 2020 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT This...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as the Program Sponsor for the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum. This program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. This program...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: November 2-4 | San Diego, CA SMART STRATEGIES FOR FUTURE SUCCESS Knowing what's on the horizon in healthcare real estate is essential for pursuing a sound, profitable strategy. You need the latest information to stay...