Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: The Role of Valuation Firms in the Self-Disclosure Process, April 17, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: Post-Acute Providers – Focus on Compliance with Physician Administrative Services, April 3, 2018.
- Navigating the Complexities of Medical Director and Other Administrative Arrangements, co-authored with Berta Narohna, March 13, 2018.
- Beware of Stark Law ‘self-dealing’, by Barbara Landy, Scott Safriet and Paul Risner, Long Term Living, August 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy – The Stark Law. Florida Health Care Association 2008 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 4, 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy and Dwight Chenette – Covering More Lives by Improving the Public Safety Net. American College of Health Care Executives Congress on Healthcare Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, March 30, 2006.
- Interview with Barbara Landy – Caring for Larger Residents; Preserving Dignity without Sacrificing Safety, Nursing Homes, November 2003.
- Decentralizing Supply Carts Boosts Productivity, by Barbara Landy, Health Facilities Management,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Giulia Pace, MBA, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFAcquisition activity involving physician practices has been occurring at a robust pace for many years. A February 2019 presentation by the Physicians Advocacy Institute...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 8, 2020 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, announced its most recent professional staff promotions effective January 2020. “On behalf of HealthCare Appraisers, we congratulate these five...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 7, 2020 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, named Kevin Obletz, JD as a new partner in the organization. “On behalf of HealthCare Appraisers, we congratulate Kevin and welcome him to the...
Authors: David W. Sands, CVA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) released new Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) proposed rules that...
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Jan 23 | Webinar: Structuring Healthcare Management Arrangements: Corporate Practice of Medicine, Regulatory Compliance
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers’ Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:00pm-2:30pm EST, 10:00am-11:30am PST To register or learn more, please visit the Strafford website:...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: AHLA Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute – February 10-12, Phoenix, AZ Co-Presenter: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, Partner Topic: Fair Market Value in Health Care–The Seventh Annual Year in Review: A Whole New...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ELFA Equipment Management Conference - Booth #6 – February 23-25, Orlando, FL ELFA has been serving equipment management professionals for over a quarter of a century. GREAT SESSIONS that bring you up-to-date...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: PBI Health Law Institute – March 11-12, Philadelphia, PA The event of the year for every health law professional. Mark your calendar for the Health Law Institute 2020. The Institute will provide an update on...