Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: The Role of Valuation Firms in the Self-Disclosure Process, April 17, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: Post-Acute Providers – Focus on Compliance with Physician Administrative Services, April 3, 2018.
- Navigating the Complexities of Medical Director and Other Administrative Arrangements, co-authored with Berta Narohna, March 13, 2018.
- Beware of Stark Law ‘self-dealing’, by Barbara Landy, Scott Safriet and Paul Risner, Long Term Living, August 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy – The Stark Law. Florida Health Care Association 2008 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 4, 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy and Dwight Chenette – Covering More Lives by Improving the Public Safety Net. American College of Health Care Executives Congress on Healthcare Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, March 30, 2006.
- Interview with Barbara Landy – Caring for Larger Residents; Preserving Dignity without Sacrificing Safety, Nursing Homes, November 2003.
- Decentralizing Supply Carts Boosts Productivity, by Barbara Landy, Health Facilities Management,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Anusha Patni, MSAQF and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Specialty pharmacies, which once occupied only a small niche in the pharmacy marketplace, are now a sizeable part of the broader pharmacy industry. In 2018,...
Authors: David Y. Lo, CFA, Matthew J. Muller ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF Emerging as an essential tool in the efforts to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the telemedicine industry is expected to reach $155 billion, growing at a compound...
Authors: Kristina Kheyfets, David Sands, CVA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFAs COVID-19 continues to financially disrupt healthcare organizations across the nation, clinical laboratories of all sizes have played a vital role ramping up to meet the...
In April 2020, HealthCare Appraisers provided financial support and professional expertise for an AHLA podcast series addressing various topics of interest to hospitals preparing for and responding to the COVID-19 crisis. Two of the podcast sessions, available below,...
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 14 – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation firm with offices nationwide, released its 2020 On-Call Summary Review of on-call coverage trends and statistics. The publication includes information related to salient features of...
Every year, nearly 1,500 health law professionals join AHLA at its Annual Meeting to get the most current information and analysis on a myriad of legal issues facing the health care industry in thoughtful, practical solution-oriented sessions . This year is, of...
Happening live July 9–10 and available on demand until October 31 For more than two decades, ASCA’s annual conference has remained the premier, can’t-miss event for the ASC community and this year’s virtual conference is no different. Just like ASCA’s in-person...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as the Program Sponsor for the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum. September 30 – October 2, 2020 | Renaissance Harborplace Hotel Join us in Baltimore, MD This program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and...