Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA
Barbara Landy is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Landy has over 35 years of healthcare experience, with more than 20 years at the management level. Prior to joining the HealthCare Appraisers team, she served in government, proprietary and not-for-profit health care systems in settings both rural and urban. Positions held included Administrator of a rural hospital, Independent Health Care Consultant, Evening/Night Administrator of a Tertiary Care Center, Director of Planning for a governmental health care taxing district, and Administrator of a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Duties in various positions have included all aspects of management administration with focus on: operations, risk management, safety, quality and planning. Prior to her management career and continuing after, Landy worked as an Occupational Therapist in various settings.
Landy earned a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Health Services Administration and a Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy degrees.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: The Role of Valuation Firms in the Self-Disclosure Process, April 17, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: Post-Acute Providers – Focus on Compliance with Physician Administrative Services, April 3, 2018.
- Navigating the Complexities of Medical Director and Other Administrative Arrangements, co-authored with Berta Narohna, March 13, 2018.
- Beware of Stark Law ‘self-dealing’, by Barbara Landy, Scott Safriet and Paul Risner, Long Term Living, August 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy – The Stark Law. Florida Health Care Association 2008 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 4, 2008.
- Presentation by Barbara Landy and Dwight Chenette – Covering More Lives by Improving the Public Safety Net. American College of Health Care Executives Congress on Healthcare Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, March 30, 2006.
- Interview with Barbara Landy – Caring for Larger Residents; Preserving Dignity without Sacrificing Safety, Nursing Homes, November 2003.
- Decentralizing Supply Carts Boosts Productivity, by Barbara Landy, Health Facilities Management,
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Business Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Master of Health Services Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy
- Fellow American College of Health Care Executives
- Nursing Home Administrator – Florida and Colorado licensed
- Occupational Therapist – Nationally registered, Florida and Colorado licensed
- South Florida Healthcare Executive Forum, ACHE
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Edward J. Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Palm Beach County Home), West Palm Beach, Florida
- Director of Planning and Facilities, Health Care District of Palm Beach County,
West Palm Beach, Florida
- Administrator, Gadsden Memorial Hospital, Quincy, Florida
- Administrator, Extended Care/Long Term Care of Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee, Florida
- Evening/Night Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center,
Authors: Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF As with all sectors of healthcare, the lab industry has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19. In addition to COVID-19, the industry is dealing with reimbursement...
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Releases New Publication – Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review
BOCA RATON, Fla., Dec. 10th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, the Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review. This publication explores and...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its Medical Office Fundamentals Report: 2020 Year-End Review. This report is the product of discussions with numerous lenders, real estate brokers, investment bankers and various other medical office entities, on subjects...
THE LONG-AWAITED NEW STARK AND ANTIKICKBACK RULES: New Definitions for Commercially Reasonable, Fair Market Value and Taking into Account Volume or Value of Referrals
Authors: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH Download the PDFWHAT DO THEY MEAN FOR PHYSICIAN COMPENSATION? On November 20, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released its long-awaited new Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark Law) Final Rule, culminating its...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF The 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule includes recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to increase the work relative value units (wRVUs) for common evaluation and...
Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea, M. Ferrari, JD, MPH, will be speaking at the AHLA Virtual Physicians and Hospitals Law Insitute Friday, February 12th from 12:15 - 1:15 PM EST. Fair Market Value in Health Care–The Eighth Annual Year in Review: A New Stark-ly...