Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH
Alyse Bentz is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Bentz’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements.
She received a Juris Doctor from Washington University School of Law and holds a Master in Public Health from Washington University in St. Louis and a Bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Chicago. Bentz is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the American College of Legal Medicine.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Fair Market Value Considerations for Medicare Advantage Plans, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, June 6, 2023
- Ensuring Compliance Post COVID-19, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, May 10, 2023
- Nurse Practitioners & Physician Associates: A Viable Solution to the Physician Shortage?, co-authored with Tammy Truong, February 14, 2023
- Eliminating Health Disparities by Diversifying the Healthcare Provider Workforce, co-authored with Andrea Ferrari, J.D., MPH and Erica Jacobovits, J.D., December 14, 2021
- OIG Advisory Opinion: Will Clarification on Group Practice Definition Create Additional Opportunities for Physician Investors?, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 30, 2021
- Hospice Tenancy and Inpatient Services Arrangements – Opportunities and Risks, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 18, 2020
- Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19): Novel Solutions to the Growing Physician Shortage Crisis – Part Two (co-authors Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Erica Jacobovits, JD), FMVantage Point, May 13, 2020
- Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19): Novel Solutions to the Growing Physician Shortage Crisis (co-authors Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Erica Jacobovits, JD), FMVantage Point, April 16, 2020
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO, Juris Doctor
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, Master of Public Health
- University of Chicago, Bachelor of Arts in History
- Member of the state bar: Florida
- Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American College of Legal Medicine
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Office of the General Counsel, Memphis, TN, Legal Intern
- University of Chicago Retinal Genomics Lab, Chicago, IL, Research Assistant
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...