Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH
Alyse Bentz is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Bentz’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements.
She received a Juris Doctor from Washington University School of Law and holds a Master in Public Health from Washington University in St. Louis and a Bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Chicago. Bentz is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the American College of Legal Medicine.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Eliminating Health Disparities by Diversifying the Healthcare Provider Workforce, co-authored with Andrea Ferrari, J.D., MPH and Erica Jacobovits, J.D., December 14, 2021
- OIG Advisory Opinion: Will Clarification on Group Practice Definition Create Additional Opportunities for Physician Investors?, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 30, 2021
- Hospice Tenancy and Inpatient Services Arrangements – Opportunities and Risks, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 18, 2020
- Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19): Novel Solutions to the Growing Physician Shortage Crisis – Part Two (co-authors Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Erica Jacobovits, JD), FMVantage Point, May 13, 2020
- Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19): Novel Solutions to the Growing Physician Shortage Crisis (co-authors Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Erica Jacobovits, JD), FMVantage Point, April 16, 2020
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO, Juris Doctor
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, Master of Public Health
- University of Chicago, Bachelor of Arts in History
- Member of the state bar: Florida
- Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American College of Legal Medicine
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Office of the General Counsel, Memphis, TN, Legal Intern
- University of Chicago Retinal Genomics Lab, Chicago, IL, Research Assistant
Recent Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Enforcement Actions Highlight the Importance of the Valuator’s Role
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDF MODERNIZING MEDICINE On November 1, 2022, the U.S. Department of Justice (“DOJ”) filed a complaint, intervening in a 2017 whistleblower lawsuit, against a South Florida electronic health...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CARE Physician practice acquisition activity has been robust for many years, resulting in a change in the composition of physician employment and...
Author: Matthew J. Milliron, CVA, MBA Download the PDFORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROVIDER COMPENSATION PROFESSIONALS Although commercial reasonableness has been a key concept in healthcare regulation since 1998, it was not until 2021 that it...
Authors: Andrew Worthington and James R. Hills, CPA/ABV Download the PDFORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROVIDER COMPENSATION PROFESSIONALS HOSPITAL-BASED CARE Due to requirements set forth by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor ACT...
Authors: Erica Jacobovitz, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA Download the PDFThe Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) has long provided a uniform, consistent schedule for determining the payment rates for individual physician services. The MPFS is regularly updated by...
Renaissance Orlando at Sea World, Orlando, FL HealthCare Appraisers is a proud Gold Sponsor. ABOUT THE INSTITUTE In-house and outside counsel, compliance officers, privacy officers, reimbursement specialists, accountants, consultants, and others who advise physicians...
February 2-4, 2023 | Sarasota, FL HealthCare Appraisers will be attending the Hall Render Practical Health Retreat 2023. Programming will be tailored specifically for health care executive leaders and leadership teams. Sessions will be led by national health care...
March 1-3, 2023 | San Diego, CA HealthCare Appraisers will be attending the 2023 National Investment Center (NIC) for Senior Housing & Care 2023 Spring Conference. The National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3)...
March 4-6, 2023 | San Antonio, TX HealthCare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #1306. Join like-minded and motivated stakeholders and decision-makers at ATA2023 to talk telehealth. This is not a healthcare conference dabbling in virtual care. ATA2023 is the...