Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH
Office: Boca Raton
Phone: (561) 330-3488
Fax: (561) 330-3266
Alyse Bentz is a Director in the Boca Raton office.
Bentz’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements.
She received a Juris Doctor from Washington University School of Law and holds a Master in Public Health from Washington University in St. Louis and a Bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Chicago. Bentz is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the American College of Legal Medicine.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Ensuring Compliance Post COVID-19, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, May 10, 2023
- Nurse Practitioners & Physician Associates: A Viable Solution to the Physician Shortage?, co-authored with Tammy Truong, February 14, 2023
- Eliminating Health Disparities by Diversifying the Healthcare Provider Workforce, co-authored with Andrea Ferrari, J.D., MPH and Erica Jacobovits, J.D., December 14, 2021
- OIG Advisory Opinion: Will Clarification on Group Practice Definition Create Additional Opportunities for Physician Investors?, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 30, 2021
- Hospice Tenancy and Inpatient Services Arrangements – Opportunities and Risks, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 18, 2020
- Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19): Novel Solutions to the Growing Physician Shortage Crisis – Part Two (co-authors Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Erica Jacobovits, JD), FMVantage Point, May 13, 2020
- Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19): Novel Solutions to the Growing Physician Shortage Crisis (co-authors Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Erica Jacobovits, JD), FMVantage Point, April 16, 2020
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO, Juris Doctor
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, Master of Public Health
- University of Chicago, Bachelor of Arts in History
- Member of the state bar: Florida
- Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American College of Legal Medicine
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Office of the General Counsel, Memphis, TN, Legal Intern
- University of Chicago Retinal Genomics Lab, Chicago, IL, Research Assistant
HealthCare Appraisers Announces Expansion of Automated FMV Solutions™ Suite
Seven New Web-Based Applications Now Available BOCA RATON, Fla., May 17, 2023 – HealthCare Appraisers, a premier, national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, has released seven new, custom fair market value (FMV) calculators, making the company’s pioneering...
ASC Valuation, Transaction, and Industry Trends in 2023
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Benjamin Cloutier, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF ASC VALUATION, TRANSACTION, AND INDUSTRY TRENDS IN 2023 The ambulatory surgery center (ASC) sector has been an attractive one for healthcare investors in recent years....
Ensuring Compliance Post COVID-19
Authors: Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPHOverview On May 11, 2023, the federal Public Health Emergency (“PHE”) waivers put in place three years ago will expire. These waivers, enacted pursuant to Section 1135 of the Social Security Act, 42 USC § 1320b-5,...
Surgical Tools of the Trade: Derivatives in Healthcare Transactions
Authors: Jordan A Zoeller, MAcc, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFWhile equity interest transactions and outright acquisitions are the most common pathways to acquiring a desirable healthcare business or asset, many healthcare businesses are approaching...
Industry Outlook: Orthopedic Practices and Ancillary Services
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFOrthopedic practices have long generated interest from outside buyers, including hospitals and health systems, and more recently, private equity firms. There are many rationales and factors...
Jun 12 | SSM Health Foundation Open
June 12, 2023 | Norwood Hills Country Club HealthCare Appraisers is a proud event supporter. Join us for a day of golf and supporting local health care initiatives while connecting with corporate community members. Register a team or become a sponsor now for the 8th...
June 13-14 | Hi2 Conference
HealthCare Appraisers Partner Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA and Director Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA will be attending. Home Care Innovation + Investment Conference (HI2) . “H.I. Squared” is where providers of home health, personal care and hospice come to buy, sell, procure...
Jun 14-17 | 2023 TBA Conference
HealthCare Appraisers Manager Alex Houston and Director Nicole M. Jacobsen will be attending. Join your colleagues for the 2023 TBA Annual Convention in Knoxville, TN - June 14-17. On the conference website, find full information on registration and programming. Learn...
Jun 15-17 | Becker’s 20th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC + The Future of Spine Conference
HealthCare Appraisers Director Matthew J. Muller and Senior Associate Bobby Van Dusen will be attending. Spine and orthopedics are thriving in ASCs. The confluence of exciting new technology, payment trends and outpatient migration of surgical procedures during the...