William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA
William Kaufmann is a Manager in the Philadelphia office.
Kaufmann specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. His focus spans the fair market value and commercial reasonableness analysis of hospital arrangements with physicians for clients nationwide, and he primarily serves the Raleigh and surrounding North Carolina markets.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Kaufmann practiced law in real estate, bankruptcy and intellectual property. He earned a Juris Doctor from The Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, a Master of Business Administration from Villanova University, and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Northeastern University with minors in Mathematics and Business Administration. Kaufmann is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and part of the North Carolina Bar Association.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- The Unintended Consequences of Taking the Escalator, co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, November 10, 2020
- Management Services Arrangements – What’s in a Name?, co-authored with David Sands, ASA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, July 2020
- Nonprofit Status Challenges, co-authored with Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Feb 12, 2020
- The Long Arm of the Law – Healthcare Fraud and the Travel Act, co-authored with Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, Aug 15, 2019
- Excise Tax on Executive Compensation and How Much You End up Paying, co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, February 2019
- Understanding Reasonable Executive Compensation for Nonprofit Organizations,co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, Senior Associate, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Insights, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., February 2019
- The Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, Villanova, PA, Juris Doctor
- Villanova University, Villanova, PA, Master of Business Administration
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA, Bachelor of Science, Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the state bar: Pennsylvania, New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Partner Recognized for Excellence – Receives AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Recognition
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 12, 2020 – Hunter Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV, partner with HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, was recently honored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Standing Ovation Recognition Program, which...
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David. W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Escalator clauses, also referred to as cost-of-living adjustments or annual escalators, are provisions embedded into many service contracts that...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF Published in ASC Focus, The ASCA Journal, October 2020 Issue. Transaction activity remains robust, more HOPDs convert to ASCs and median reported EBITDA multiples continue to increase. HealthCare Appraisers released...
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Upgrades Automated FMV Solutions™ – Mobile Use and Other Enhancements Now Available
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 19th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has upgraded its premier automated resource, Automated FMV Solutions™, which provides defensible FMV opinions in minutes. All...
Authors: Giulia F. Pace, MBA, CVA; Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA; and David Y. Lo, CFA Download the PDFThe recent COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the key role of healthcare organizations in helping their communities understand, process and respond to current events. While...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Luis A. Argueso and Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT The 2021 Proposed Rule for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule has serious implications for...
A 30-minute live demonstration featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 14, 2021 12:00 p.m. (allow 60 min on calendar) See firsthand how online FMV calculators provide instant FMV guidance for physician recruiters and...