William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA
William Kaufmann is a Manager in the Philadelphia office.
Kaufmann specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. His focus spans the fair market value and commercial reasonableness analysis of hospital arrangements with physicians for clients nationwide, and he primarily serves the Raleigh and surrounding North Carolina markets.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Kaufmann practiced law in real estate, bankruptcy and intellectual property. He earned a Juris Doctor from The Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, a Master of Business Administration from Villanova University, and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Northeastern University with minors in Mathematics and Business Administration. Kaufmann is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and part of the North Carolina Bar Association.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- The Unintended Consequences of Taking the Escalator, co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, November 10, 2020
- Management Services Arrangements – What’s in a Name?, co-authored with David Sands, ASA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, July 2020
- Nonprofit Status Challenges, co-authored with Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Feb 12, 2020
- The Long Arm of the Law – Healthcare Fraud and the Travel Act, co-authored with Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, Aug 15, 2019
- Excise Tax on Executive Compensation and How Much You End up Paying, co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, February 2019
- Understanding Reasonable Executive Compensation for Nonprofit Organizations,co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, Senior Associate, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Insights, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., February 2019
- The Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, Villanova, PA, Juris Doctor
- Villanova University, Villanova, PA, Master of Business Administration
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA, Bachelor of Science, Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the state bar: Pennsylvania, New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
BOCA RATON, Fla., July 9, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, partner with HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, joins the American Health Law Association’s (AHLA) national roster of arbitrators, mediators, and hearing officers....
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG) recently released a Special Fraud Alert aimed at pharmaceutical and device companies that use speaker programs to compensate physicians and...
Author: Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFOn April 29, 2021, the Office of Inspector General (the “OIG”) posted Advisory Opinion No. 21-02, which addressed a request from a health system and management company (the “Requestors”) for review of a proposed...
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Platinum Sponsor of both the virtual and in-person events. This important program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. The planning...
Healthcare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #231. EXPERIENCE EDUCATION, INNOVATION AND CONNECTION TO DRIVE EXCELLENCE. Stay tuned! As we announce an impressive line-up of educational sessions chock-full of tools, case studies and actionable takeaways. The...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Bronze Sponsor of this event. BRINGING THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL REAL ESTATE INTO FOCUS These unprecedented times have intensified change in the rapidly evolving healthcare real estate market, and they require a renewed focus on the...