William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA
William Kaufmann is a Manager in the Philadelphia office.
Kaufmann specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. His focus spans the fair market value and commercial reasonableness analysis of hospital arrangements with physicians for clients nationwide, and he primarily serves the Raleigh and surrounding North Carolina markets.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Kaufmann practiced law in real estate, bankruptcy and intellectual property. He earned a Juris Doctor from The Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, a Master of Business Administration from Villanova University, and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Northeastern University with minors in Mathematics and Business Administration. Kaufmann is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and part of the North Carolina Bar Association.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- The Unintended Consequences of Taking the Escalator, co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, November 10, 2020
- Management Services Arrangements – What’s in a Name?, co-authored with David Sands, ASA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, July 2020
- Nonprofit Status Challenges, co-authored with Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Feb 12, 2020
- The Long Arm of the Law – Healthcare Fraud and the Travel Act, co-authored with Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, Aug 15, 2019
- Excise Tax on Executive Compensation and How Much You End up Paying, co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, February 2019
- Understanding Reasonable Executive Compensation for Nonprofit Organizations,co-authored with Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David W. Sands, CVA, Senior Associate, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Insights, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., February 2019
- The Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, Villanova, PA, Juris Doctor
- Villanova University, Villanova, PA, Master of Business Administration
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA, Bachelor of Science, Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the state bar: Pennsylvania, New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
Author: David B. Fink Download the PDF THE HEALTHCARE VALUATION COMMUNITY The impetus for the healthcare valuation community began in the late 1990’s after the Physician Self- Referral Law (commonly known as the Stark Law) was enacted by Congress, which prohibits...
Authors: David Y. Lo, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe physical therapy industry continues to see growing activity and investment. Most recently ATI Physical Therapy went public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company,...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVAOriginally published by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals. "The cornerstones of regulatory compliance, the concepts of commercial reasonableness and fair market value (“FMV”) are...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Sept. 1, 2021 – Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. has appointed a new Women’s Leadership Council. The council will be working on several initiatives with other leaders in the company to advance dialogue about issues impacting equity, inclusion, and...
BOCA RATON, Fla., August 30, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, has been appointed Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer for Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. In this position, Ms. Ferrari will lead Healthcare Appraisers’ diversity, equity and inclusion strategies....
Healthcare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #231. EXPERIENCE EDUCATION, INNOVATION AND CONNECTION TO DRIVE EXCELLENCE. You won't want to miss the impressive line-up of educational sessions chock-full of tools, case studies and actionable takeaways. The line-up...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Bronze Sponsor of this event. BRINGING THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL REAL ESTATE INTO FOCUS These unprecedented times have intensified change in the rapidly evolving healthcare real estate market, and they require a renewed focus on the...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Supporting Sponsor of the conference. Date: Sunday, February 6 - Wednesday, February 9, 2022 The American Hospital Association’s 2022 Rural Health Care Leadership Conference, February 6-9, Phoenix, AZ, brings together top practitioners...