Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP
Sydney Hilzenrath is a Partner in the Philadelphia office.
Hilzenrath assists clients in evaluating the appropriateness and enhancing the effectiveness of compensation programs in the context of organization strategy, emerging trends of corporate governance and the perspectives of stakeholders, investors and proxy advisors. Her consulting experience covers a broad range of for- and not-for-profit organizations including healthcare, biopharmaceuticals, insurance (property & casualty and healthcare), consumer products, retail, industrial manufacturing, transportation, and utilities. Hilzenrath has over 14 years of consulting experience specializing in executive and board compensation, and her areas of expertise include Executive and Board of Directors compensation benchmarking, short-term and long-term incentive plan design, pay-for-performance alignment, employment and severance agreement evaluation and design, and special pay arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Ms. Hilzenrath was a consultant in Korn Ferry’s Executive Pay & Governance practice.
- Executive Compensation and Governance
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Measuring Success in a Crisis, co-authored with Tyler Peltz, Jun 25, 2020
- Why Titles Should Matter to Organizations, Board Thinking, May 21, 2020
- How the COVID-19 Stimulus Bill is Affecting Executive Pay, Apr 2, 2020
- What the New Stimulus Bill Means for Funding of Healthcare Providers, co-authored with Luis A. Argueso and Parker Prestegard, Mar 31, 2020
- Nonprofit Status Challenges, co-authored with William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Feb 12, 2020
- Good Governance: Establishing the Right Foundation, December 4, 2019
- What Tax-Exempt Organizations Need to Know About Executive Compensation, October 25, 2019
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. in Psychology
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. in Spanish
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP)
- Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP)
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Consultant – Korn Ferry’s Executive Pay & Governance Practice
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe urgent care sector has been a quickly growing segment of the healthcare industry over the last several years, and HealthCare Appraisers has observed growth in transactions in this highly...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) play a critical role in the success of healthcare organizations, tasked with standards of care, quality improvement, and medical staff affairs. Accordingly, CMOs often rank...
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF In the aftermath of the determination by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Alex M. Azar II (the “Secretary”), that COVID-19 represents a public health emergency, the Centers for Medicare...
Authors: Kevin Obletz, JD and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, many hospitals had begun to expand their outpatient service offerings, as a result of an increasing number of unoccupied inpatient beds. Furthermore,...
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, David Sands, ASA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFIn forming and evaluating management agreements, hospital operators and counsels alike can have varying expectations as to the nature, structure and value of these...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as the Program Sponsor for the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum. This program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. This program...
HealthCare Appraisers will serve as a Platinum Sponsor for the 32nd Annual Health Law Forum. This forum will take place virtually via live webcast. Recognized as one of the premier health law programs in the country, this annual forum addresses key issues impacting...