Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP
Sydney Hilzenrath is a Partner in the Philadelphia office.
Hilzenrath assists clients in evaluating the appropriateness and enhancing the effectiveness of compensation programs in the context of organization strategy, emerging trends of corporate governance and the perspectives of stakeholders, investors and proxy advisors. Her consulting experience covers a broad range of for- and not-for-profit organizations including healthcare, biopharmaceuticals, insurance (property & casualty and healthcare), consumer products, retail, industrial manufacturing, transportation, and utilities. Hilzenrath has over 14 years of consulting experience specializing in executive and board compensation, and her areas of expertise include Executive and Board of Directors compensation benchmarking, short-term and long-term incentive plan design, pay-for-performance alignment, employment and severance agreement evaluation and design, and special pay arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Ms. Hilzenrath was a consultant in Korn Ferry’s Executive Pay & Governance practice.
- Executive Compensation and Governance
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Ignoring ESG: Risky Business for Not-for-Profits, October, 2020
- Measuring Success in a Crisis, co-authored with Tyler Peltz, Jun 25, 2020
- Why Titles Should Matter to Organizations, Board Thinking, May 21, 2020
- How the COVID-19 Stimulus Bill is Affecting Executive Pay, Apr 2, 2020
- What the New Stimulus Bill Means for Funding of Healthcare Providers, co-authored with Luis A. Argueso and Parker Prestegard, Mar 31, 2020
- Nonprofit Status Challenges, co-authored with William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Feb 12, 2020
- Good Governance: Establishing the Right Foundation, December 4, 2019
- What Tax-Exempt Organizations Need to Know About Executive Compensation, October 25, 2019
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. in Psychology
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. in Spanish
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP)
- Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP)
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Consultant – Korn Ferry’s Executive Pay & Governance Practice
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Upgrades Automated FMV Solutions™ – Mobile Use and Other Enhancements Now Available
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 19th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has upgraded its premier automated resource, Automated FMV Solutions™, which provides defensible FMV opinions in minutes. All...
Authors: Giulia F. Pace, MBA, CVA; Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA; and David Y. Lo, CFA Download the PDFThe recent COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the key role of healthcare organizations in helping their communities understand, process and respond to current events. While...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 10th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has released its new publication, the 2020 Physician Relocation Study. The study provides key trends and data from nearly a decade of...
HealthCare Appraisers is pleased to present its 2020 Physician Relocation Study. This study analyzes the long-term relocation patterns of a large sample of physicians at all stages of their careers. Our firm provides fair market value (FMV) opinions for thousands of...
Author: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDFThe 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) proposed rule includes recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to increase the work relative value units (wRVUs) for common evaluation and...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as a sponsor for the 38th Annual IAHA Health Law Symposium. 2020 has been an unprecedented year in Health Law. IAHA Symposium Chair Nick Brescia, with the support of his Committee, have built a schedule of symposium sessions...
Nov 17 | Webinar: Protect Your Hospital’s Nonprofit Status: Preparing for Local, State and Federal Challenges
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Sydney Hilzenrath, CEP, CECP and Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C.'s Chair - Corporate, Business & Banking Group, Marie K. McConnell. Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. EDT (Seeking CLE...