Luis A. Argueso
Address: 4600 S. Syracuse Street | Suite 1050 Denver, CO 80237
Phone: (303) 688-0700
Fax: (303) 688-0701
Luis Argueso is a Partner in the Denver office.
Argueso’s area of practice involves the appraisal of healthcare businesses and the valuation of healthcare provider compensation relationships. He has been providing valuation and consulting services since 2008. Mr. Argueso is a national subject matter expert in the valuation of compensation arrangements between hospitals and medical groups which staff and medically direct hospital-based service lines such as: anesthesiology, emergency, hospitalist, and radiology departments. He also is a thought leader in the fair market value and commercial reasonableness of telemedicine businesses and service arrangements. Based on this expertise, Argueso has provided consulting to clients for improving the efficiency, quality, and compliance of telemedicine and hospital-based service arrangements.
Argueso’s background in economics has led to experience in consulting work involving the analysis of the economic impact of various healthcare businesses and needs assessments for healthcare professionals and service lines. In addition, he has experience in providing litigation support services for healthcare entities.
Prior to joining the firm, Argueso worked at a leading investment firm developing projects to improve internal efficiency and database management. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Princeton University.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: Avoid Cost Landmines: Assessing Trends in Payments for Hospital-Based Physician Services, September 20, 2018
- FMVantage Point: Impact of Proposed CMS Changes to Telemedicine Reimbursement, July 25, 2018
- You’ve got patients! A Case Study in Fair Market Value and Commercial Reasonableness: Considerations for Attorneys Evaluating Telemedicine, ABA Health eSource, Volume 14 Number 9, May 2018.
- FMVantage Point: Telemedicine Industry Trends: Compensation Structure, May 15, 2018.
- FMVantage Point: President Trump, The Opioid Crisis, and Fair Market Value, October 31, 2017.
- FMVantage Point: New York Times Highlights Challenges for Hospital Based Service Lines, August 10, 2017.
- The Growth of Specialized Hospitalist Programs – A Valuator’s Perspective, co-authored with Todd Mello, ASA, CVA, MBA, Partner, Becker’s Hospital Review (Web edition), May 2015.
- 24/7/365 Options for Physician Coverage, featured story with Todd Mello, ASA, CVA, MBA, Partner, and Nicholas Newsad, MHSA, Senior Associate, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Strategic Financial Planning (Web edition), Healthcare Financial Management Association: Westchester, IL, October 17, 2013.
- Can Your ASC Benefit from a Loan Guarantee Arrangement? Co-authored with Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, Partner, Becker’s ASC Review (Web edition), September 2, 2010.
- Will I Ever Get Paid? Medicare Reimbursement Changes and Interoperability Costs, ATA19, April 15, 2019.
- ABCs of Telemedicine FMVs, presentation with Kevin Cassell, AM, hosted by American Telemedicine Association, March 7, 2019.
- Maximizing the Value of Your Payments to Hospital-Based Service Providers, presentation with Robert Stiefel, MD. HFMA Mid-Winter Conference – January 28-30, 2019.
- Stop the Bleed: Triaging Hospital-Based Services Arrangements, presentation with MD Ranger, October 4, 2018.
- Proactive to Reactive: Resources for Improving the Value of Your ASC, presentation with Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA. Becker’s 16th Annual Future of Spine + The Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference, June 14-16, 2018.
- Fair Market Value and Telemedicine Service Arrangements, presentation with Thomas (TJ) Ferrante from Foley & Lardner LLP, May 22, 2018.
- Princeton University, B.A. in Economics