Kevin P. Cassell, AM
Kevin Cassell is a Manager in the Denver office.
Cassell assists in a wide variety of projects, including the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation and business valuation. He received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Corporate Finance as well as a Bachelor of Arts degree in German from Colorado State University. He is an Accredited Member (AM) of the American Society of Appraisers.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMV in Physician Employment and Professional Services Arrangements, co-presented with Nicholas Janiga, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Administrator Support Community for ENT (ASCENT) – Educational Webinar , October 30, 2019
- Demonstrating the Value of Telehealth: Frameworks for Payor-Provider Relationships, co-presented with Luis Argueso, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, HealthHIV Telehealth Webinar Series, July 24, 2019
- Telemedicine and Its Impact on Appraisals, co-presented with Matthew Muller, Director, HealthCare Appraisers, American Society of Appraisers – Denver Chapter, March 13, 2019
- Webinar – The ABCs of Telemedicine Fair Market Value, co-presented with Luis Argueso, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, March 7, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: What Not to Do When Structuring Telemedicine Arrangements: Part 2, December 24, 2018
- FMVantage Point: What Not to Do When Structuring Telemedicine Arrangements: Part 1, December 19, 2018
- FMVantage Point: Impact of Proposed CMS Changes to Telemedicine Reimbursement, July 25, 2018
- FMV in Physician Employment and Professional Services Arrangements, co-presented with Nicholas Janiga, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Association of Otolaryngology Administrators – Academic Practice Forum Mid-Year Meeting, Miami, FL, February 22, 2018
- Colorado State University | Fort Collins, CO | Bachelor of Business Administration, Corporate Finance Bachelor of Arts, German
- Accredited Member (AM), American Society of Appraisers (2019) Designation: Business Valuation
- American Telemedicine Association
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- GCI Management LLC, Denver, CO | Intern Project Manager
- Ray & Heatherman PLLC, Fort Collins, CO | Legal Assistant
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Author: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH and Jamie McIntyre, JD Originally published by the American Health Lawyers Association in the October 2019 Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law. ABSTRACT: In 21st century health care, the nature and terms of contracts...
Author: Robert Kurtz with Commentary from Matthew J. Muller, ASA. Published by The ASCA Journal October 2019. The ASC industry is a hotbed of transaction activity. That activity is helping to drive up the value of facilities and likely spurring the development...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Kristina Kheyfets and David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF A recent ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit may put new focus on the importance of documenting fair market value (“FMV”) in transactions between...
Authors: C.J. Laird, MEd and Brandon J. Billeaudeau, MPA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) issued preliminary proposed changes to the Physician Self-Referral Law (“Stark Law”) and the Federal Anti-Kickback...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ABA 17th Annual Washington Health Law Summit – December 9-10, Washington, DC Presenting: Chip Hutzler, PartnerPresentation Title: All Things Stark in 2019 Whether you are in-house counsel, in private practice, a...