Kevin P. Cassell, ASA
Kevin Cassell is a Manager in the Denver office.
Cassell assists in a wide variety of projects, including the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation and business valuation. He received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Corporate Finance as well as a Bachelor of Arts degree in German from Colorado State University. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Shortcomings of wRVU-Based Compensation Models: Lessons Learned in 2020, co-authored with Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA, April 23, 2021
- FMV in Physician Employment and Professional Services Arrangements, co-presented with Nicholas Janiga, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Administrator Support Community for ENT (ASCENT) – Educational Webinar, October 30, 2019
- Demonstrating the Value of Telehealth: Frameworks for Payor-Provider Relationships, co-presented with Luis Argueso, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, HealthHIV Telehealth Webinar Series, July 24, 2019
- Telemedicine and Its Impact on Appraisals, co-presented with Matthew Muller, Director, HealthCare Appraisers, American Society of Appraisers – Denver Chapter, March 13, 2019
- Webinar – The ABCs of Telemedicine Fair Market Value, co-presented with Luis Argueso, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, March 7, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: What Not to Do When Structuring Telemedicine Arrangements: Part 2, December 24, 2018
- FMVantage Point: What Not to Do When Structuring Telemedicine Arrangements: Part 1, December 19, 2018
- FMVantage Point: Impact of Proposed CMS Changes to Telemedicine Reimbursement, July 25, 2018
- FMV in Physician Employment and Professional Services Arrangements, co-presented with Nicholas Janiga, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Association of Otolaryngology Administrators – Academic Practice Forum Mid-Year Meeting, Miami, FL, February 22, 2018
- Colorado State University | Fort Collins, CO | Bachelor of Business Administration, Corporate Finance Bachelor of Arts, German
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers (2020) Designation: Business Valuation
- American Telemedicine Association
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- GCI Management LLC, Denver, CO | Intern Project Manager
- Ray & Heatherman PLLC, Fort Collins, CO | Legal Assistant
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG) recently released a Special Fraud Alert aimed at pharmaceutical and device companies that use speaker programs to compensate physicians and...
Author: Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFOn April 29, 2021, the Office of Inspector General (the “OIG”) posted Advisory Opinion No. 21-02, which addressed a request from a health system and management company (the “Requestors”) for review of a proposed...
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe imaging market in the United States is estimated to generate more than $100 billion annually with radiology practices and imaging centers accounting for approximately $19 billion...
HealthCare Appraiser's Partner, Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH will co-present The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Year: How Did We Do and Where do We Go From Here? Understanding the Strides and Obstacles to Diversity and Inclusion Through the Lens of COVID....