Frank L. Reed, Jr., MAI
Office: Gulf Shores
Phone: (561) 270-0541
Frank Reed is a Partner located in the Gulf Shores office.
Reed leads the Senior Housing Valuation Service Line across the company. Reed’s specialized experience consists of valuation and consulting assignments focused on the healthcare and seniors housing industry. Over the past 25 years, Reed has completed over 1,500 valuation assignments involving Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing Facilities throughout the United States. He is also experienced in providing HUD (LEAN) approved appraisals and market studies, and other non‐traditional appraisal formats (Fannie Mae (DUS) & Freddy Mac). Earlier in his career, Reed worked for some of the world’s largest financial and advisory firms. He later established his own healthcare-focused firm which provided appraisal services with a specialty focus in healthcare and seniors for more than ten years.
Reed earned a Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Real Estate Finance from The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- Senior Housing Valuation Service Line
- Real Estate
- Capital Assets
- Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Real Estate Finance from The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in five states.
- Licensed USCG Master Captain (MMC 453336)
- MAI (Member Appraisal Institute), Designated in 2015
- The Appraiser as an Expert Witness” Preparation & Testimony (2016)
Frank Reed, MAI has completed continuing education courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute and other real estate factions on an annual basis to maintain state licensing requirements.
- State of Alabama Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, License No. G00633
- State of Florida Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, License No. RZ3624
- State of Mississippi Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, License No. GA 993
- State of Louisiana Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, License No. 2175
- State of South Carolina Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, License No. 6809
- Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Licensed USCG Master Captain (MMC 453336)
PRIOR PROFESSOINAL AFFILIATIONS
- Founder, Heron Valuation Group, LLC, Gulf Shores, AL; 1997-2023
- Founding Partner/COO/Executive Vice President, Salus Valuation Group, Foley, Alabama; 2009 – 2012
- Director, Cushman & Wakefield of Florida Valuation Advisory Services, Tampa, FL/Birmingham, AL/Gulf Shores, AL; 2003 – 2009
- Senior Appraiser, Realty Services International (RSI), Tampa, Florida (Commercial Real Estate Valuation & Consulting); 2001 – 2002
- Senior Appraiser, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP (Gulf/Atlantic Valuation Services, Inc.)
Sarasota, Florida (Healthcare & Retirement Real Estate Valuation & Market Studies); 1998 – 2002
Sports Marketing and Sponsorships are a Grand Slam for Healthcare Entities and Providers
Authors: Bobby J. Van Dusen, MSAQF, Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFSince the first broadcasted sporting event occurred in 1911 when a football game was relayed to audiences, the United States has been enamored by sports. Today,...
2023 Outlook: Increased Acquisitions and Joint Ventures Involving Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitals
Authors: Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION At HealthCare Appraisers, we have analyzed numerous inpatient psychiatric facilities (“IPFs”) in a variety of contexts, whether for acquisition purposes, formation of joint...
2023 Outlook: Healthcare M&A
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFRising interest rates, elevated inflation, and economic uncertainty led to volatility in 2022, and many of these factors remain in place heading into 2023. While inflation appears to have...
Nurse Practitioners & Physician Associates: A Viable Solution to the Physician Shortage?
Authors: Tammy Truong and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH Download the PDFOriginally published by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals. The United States is predicted to be imminently faced with a physician shortage, with a report from the Association...
Valuation of Linear Accelerators
Authors: Kirsten Hodges, ASA and Jeff Doyle, ASA Download the PDFA Linear Accelerator (“Linac”) is a technically advanced medical device/system that is utilized in radiation oncology. A Linac customizes high energy x-rays/electrons to conform to a tumor’s shape to...
Apr 11-12 | McDermott Physician Practice Management and ASC Symposium 2023
April 11-12, 2023 | Nashville, TN HealthCare Appraisers is a proud supporter of the conference. About The Conference At the Physician Practice Management (PPM) & ASC Symposium 2023, we’ll address the critical business, transactional and regulatory issues that...
Apr 17-19 | AHLA Health Care Transactions 2023
Grand Hyatt Nashville, Nashville, TN HealthCare Appraisers is a proud Gold Sponsor. About the Program This program is a unique opportunity to learn the latest commercial developments, strategies, and deal forecasts from noted experts. Gain insight into the business...
Apr 26-28 | BOMA International Medical Office Buildings and Healthcare Real Estate Conference
April 26-28, 2023 | Chicago, IL HealthCare Appraisers is proud to serve as a Bronze Sponsor and exhibitor. Medical real estate has proven itself as a resilient, ever-growing asset class. Healthcare real estate is moving at full tilt, with the decentralization of...
May 17-20 | ASCA 2023
May 17-20, 2023 | Louisville, KY HealthCare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #1016. Receive competitive, top-quality clinical, regulatory, business and financial information from some of the best and most experienced professionals within the ASC community. As...