Erica Jacobovits, JD
Erica Jacobovits is a Senior Associate in the Boca Raton office.
Jacobovits’ practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, she served as legal counsel and healthcare policy analyst for a healthcare consulting firm where she specialized in drafting required documentation for CMS’ Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative on behalf of hospital-clients. Additionally, Jacobovits practiced law as an associate attorney for various law firms in South Florida.
Jacobovits is a member of the Florida Bar. She received a Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with High Distinction and High Honors in Organizational Studies from the University of Michigan.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- COVID-19 FMV Considerations Amongst Waivers, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 20, 2020
- FMVantage Point: Special Fair Market Value Considerations for International Physicians, April 2, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: The Impact of Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase’s Health Care Alliance on the Industry, February 27, 2018.
- FMVantage Point: Maximizing Compensation for Graduate Medical Education Services Arrangements, October 4, 2017.
- University of Michigan Law School | Ann Arbor, MI | Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan | Bachelor of Arts with High Honors and High Distinction in Organizational Studies
- Member of the state bar: Florida
- Florida Bar, 2013, Health Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2014
- American Bar Association (ABA), Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe urgent care sector has been a quickly growing segment of the healthcare industry over the last several years, and HealthCare Appraisers has observed growth in transactions in this highly...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) play a critical role in the success of healthcare organizations, tasked with standards of care, quality improvement, and medical staff affairs. Accordingly, CMOs often rank...
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF In the aftermath of the determination by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Alex M. Azar II (the “Secretary”), that COVID-19 represents a public health emergency, the Centers for Medicare...
Authors: Kevin Obletz, JD and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, many hospitals had begun to expand their outpatient service offerings, as a result of an increasing number of unoccupied inpatient beds. Furthermore,...
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, David Sands, ASA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFIn forming and evaluating management agreements, hospital operators and counsels alike can have varying expectations as to the nature, structure and value of these...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as the Program Sponsor for the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum. This program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. This program...
HealthCare Appraisers will serve as a Platinum Sponsor for the 32nd Annual Health Law Forum. This forum will take place virtually via live webcast. Recognized as one of the premier health law programs in the country, this annual forum addresses key issues impacting...