Erica Jacobovits, JD
Erica Jacobovits is a Senior Associate in the Boca Raton office.
Jacobovits’ practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, she served as legal counsel and healthcare policy analyst for a healthcare consulting firm where she specialized in drafting required documentation for CMS’ Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative on behalf of hospital-clients. Additionally, Jacobovits practiced law as an associate attorney for various law firms in South Florida.
Jacobovits is a member of the Florida Bar. She received a Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with High Distinction and High Honors in Organizational Studies from the University of Michigan.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses – Part Two, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, April 5, 2021
- Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, February 3, 2021
- COVID-19 FMV Considerations Amongst Waivers, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 20, 2020
- FMVantage Point: Special Fair Market Value Considerations for International Physicians, April 2, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: The Impact of Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase’s Health Care Alliance on the Industry, February 27, 2018.
- FMVantage Point: Maximizing Compensation for Graduate Medical Education Services Arrangements, October 4, 2017.
- University of Michigan Law School | Ann Arbor, MI | Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan | Bachelor of Arts with High Honors and High Distinction in Organizational Studies
- Member of the state bar: Florida
- Florida Bar, 2013, Health Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2014
- American Bar Association (ABA), Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
BOCA RATON, Fla., July 9, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, partner with HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, joins the American Health Law Association’s (AHLA) national roster of arbitrators, mediators, and hearing officers....
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG) recently released a Special Fraud Alert aimed at pharmaceutical and device companies that use speaker programs to compensate physicians and...
Author: Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFOn April 29, 2021, the Office of Inspector General (the “OIG”) posted Advisory Opinion No. 21-02, which addressed a request from a health system and management company (the “Requestors”) for review of a proposed...
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Platinum Sponsor of both the virtual and in-person events. This important program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. The planning...
Healthcare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #231. EXPERIENCE EDUCATION, INNOVATION AND CONNECTION TO DRIVE EXCELLENCE. Stay tuned! As we announce an impressive line-up of educational sessions chock-full of tools, case studies and actionable takeaways. The...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Bronze Sponsor of this event. BRINGING THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL REAL ESTATE INTO FOCUS These unprecedented times have intensified change in the rapidly evolving healthcare real estate market, and they require a renewed focus on the...