Erica Jacobovits, JD
Erica Jacobovits is a Senior Associate in the Boca Raton office.
Jacobovits’ practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, she served as legal counsel and healthcare policy analyst for a healthcare consulting firm where she specialized in drafting required documentation for CMS’ Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative on behalf of hospital-clients. Additionally, Jacobovits practiced law as an associate attorney for various law firms in South Florida.
Jacobovits is a member of the Florida Bar. She received a Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with High Distinction and High Honors in Organizational Studies from the University of Michigan.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, February 3, 2021
- COVID-19 FMV Considerations Amongst Waivers, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 20, 2020
- FMVantage Point: Special Fair Market Value Considerations for International Physicians, April 2, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: The Impact of Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase’s Health Care Alliance on the Industry, February 27, 2018.
- FMVantage Point: Maximizing Compensation for Graduate Medical Education Services Arrangements, October 4, 2017.
- University of Michigan Law School | Ann Arbor, MI | Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan | Bachelor of Arts with High Honors and High Distinction in Organizational Studies
- Member of the state bar: Florida
- Florida Bar, 2013, Health Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2014
- American Bar Association (ABA), Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
Authors: Jim Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew Worthington Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS Often, hospitals and health systems do not wish to incur the administrative burden involved in employing the clinical resources needed to cover their...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF Updated February 9, 2021 for the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 The 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule included recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to...
The FMV Impact on Physician Compensation: Physicians Utilizing Advance Practice Professionals in Global Surgery Settings
Authors: Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF As the general population continues to outpace the number of practicing physicians in the United States, the way healthcare is delivered will continue to evolve to meet demand. One...
Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF Healthcare spending in the United States has been consistently touted as disproportionately high when juxtaposed with certain healthcare outcome measures, including life expectancy and infant...
Authors: Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF As with all sectors of healthcare, the lab industry has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19. In addition to COVID-19, the industry is dealing with reimbursement...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 DLA Piper Healthcare Leadership Conference. A roadmap to recovery and reimagining healthcare in a COVID-19 world. DLA Piper’s 2021 Healthcare Leadership Conference – The roadmap to recovery and reimagining...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 HealthCare General Counsel Virtual Forum. For legal executives in healthcare, the stakes cannot be higher.Managing the legal function of hospitals and healthcare systems has never been easy. And today’s executives...
Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea, M. Ferrari, JD, MPH will be speaking with Michael D. Bossenbroek, Senior Associate General Counsel at Beaumont Health. Looking Back and Looking Ahead at Physician Compensation COVID-19 disrupted health care in unfathomable ways,...
Mar 23 | Webinar: On-Call Coverage – Concepts & Compensation: An overview of call coverage and the variables affecting fair market value
A live webinar hosted by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals (AACPC) featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA, and Manager, Alex J. Houston, JD, CHC. Tuesday, March 23, 2021 11:00 a.m. EST (allow 60 min on...