Erica Jacobovits, JD
Erica Jacobovits is a Senior Associate in the Boca Raton office.
Jacobovits’ practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, she served as legal counsel and healthcare policy analyst for a healthcare consulting firm where she specialized in drafting required documentation for CMS’ Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative on behalf of hospital-clients. Additionally, Jacobovits practiced law as an associate attorney for various law firms in South Florida.
Jacobovits is a member of the Florida Bar. She received a Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with High Distinction and High Honors in Organizational Studies from the University of Michigan.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- COVID-19 FMV Considerations Amongst Waivers, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 20, 2020
- FMVantage Point: Special Fair Market Value Considerations for International Physicians, April 2, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: The Impact of Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase’s Health Care Alliance on the Industry, February 27, 2018.
- FMVantage Point: Maximizing Compensation for Graduate Medical Education Services Arrangements, October 4, 2017.
- University of Michigan Law School | Ann Arbor, MI | Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan | Bachelor of Arts with High Honors and High Distinction in Organizational Studies
- Member of the state bar: Florida
- Florida Bar, 2013, Health Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2014
- American Bar Association (ABA), Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Partner Recognized for Excellence – Receives AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Recognition
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 12, 2020 – Hunter Outcalt, MTX, CPA/ABV, partner with HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, was recently honored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Standing Ovation Recognition Program, which...
Authors: William G. Kaufmann, JD/MBA, Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and David. W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Escalator clauses, also referred to as cost-of-living adjustments or annual escalators, are provisions embedded into many service contracts that...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF Published in ASC Focus, The ASCA Journal, October 2020 Issue. Transaction activity remains robust, more HOPDs convert to ASCs and median reported EBITDA multiples continue to increase. HealthCare Appraisers released...
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. Upgrades Automated FMV Solutions™ – Mobile Use and Other Enhancements Now Available
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 19th – HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, has upgraded its premier automated resource, Automated FMV Solutions™, which provides defensible FMV opinions in minutes. All...
Authors: Giulia F. Pace, MBA, CVA; Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA; and David Y. Lo, CFA Download the PDFThe recent COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the key role of healthcare organizations in helping their communities understand, process and respond to current events. While...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner, Luis A. Argueso and Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT The 2021 Proposed Rule for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule has serious implications for...
A 30-minute live demonstration featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 14, 2021 12:00 p.m. (allow 60 min on calendar) See firsthand how online FMV calculators provide instant FMV guidance for physician recruiters and...