Erica Jacobovits, JD
Erica Jacobovits is a Senior Associate in the Boca Raton office.
Jacobovits’ practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, she served as legal counsel and healthcare policy analyst for a healthcare consulting firm where she specialized in drafting required documentation for CMS’ Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative on behalf of hospital-clients. Additionally, Jacobovits practiced law as an associate attorney for various law firms in South Florida.
Jacobovits is a member of the Florida Bar. She received a Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with High Distinction and High Honors in Organizational Studies from the University of Michigan.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- The Push for Supervision Flexibility for Cardiac Rehabilitation (“REHAB”), co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA, August 18, 2021
- Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses – Part Two, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, April 5, 2021
- Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, February 3, 2021
- COVID-19 FMV Considerations Amongst Waivers, co-authored with Kevin Obletz, JD, August 20, 2020
- Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19): Novel Solutions to the Growing Physician Shortage Crisis – Part Two (co-authors Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH), FMVantage Point, May 13, 2020
- Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19): Novel Solutions to the Growing Physician Shortage Crisis (co-authors Kevin Obletz, JD, CVA and Alyse Bentz, JD, MPH), FMVantage Point, April 16, 2020
- FMVantage Point: Special Fair Market Value Considerations for International Physicians, April 2, 2019.
- FMVantage Point: The Impact of Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase’s Health Care Alliance on the Industry, February 27, 2018.
- FMVantage Point: Maximizing Compensation for Graduate Medical Education Services Arrangements, October 4, 2017.
- University of Michigan Law School | Ann Arbor, MI | Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan | Bachelor of Arts with High Honors and High Distinction in Organizational Studies
- Member of the state bar: Florida
- Florida Bar, 2013, Health Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2014
- American Bar Association (ABA), Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
Author: David B. Fink Download the PDF THE HEALTHCARE VALUATION COMMUNITY The impetus for the healthcare valuation community began in the late 1990’s after the Physician Self- Referral Law (commonly known as the Stark Law) was enacted by Congress, which prohibits...
Authors: David Y. Lo, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe physical therapy industry continues to see growing activity and investment. Most recently ATI Physical Therapy went public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company,...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA and Kevin Obletz, JD, CVAOriginally published by the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals. "The cornerstones of regulatory compliance, the concepts of commercial reasonableness and fair market value (“FMV”) are...
BOCA RATON, Fla., Sept. 1, 2021 – Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. has appointed a new Women’s Leadership Council. The council will be working on several initiatives with other leaders in the company to advance dialogue about issues impacting equity, inclusion, and...
BOCA RATON, Fla., August 30, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, has been appointed Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer for Healthcare Appraisers, Inc. In this position, Ms. Ferrari will lead Healthcare Appraisers’ diversity, equity and inclusion strategies....
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Supporting Sponsor of the conference. Date: Sunday, February 6 - Wednesday, February 9, 2022 The American Hospital Association’s 2022 Rural Health Care Leadership Conference, February 6-9, Phoenix, AZ, brings together top practitioners...