Dana L. Boatman, II, CMPE
Dana Boatman is a Director in the Dallas office.
Boatman has more than 25 years of operations and financial management experience in the healthcare industry. His prior experience includes working for more than eight years at Hospital Corporation of America, Inc. (HCA), the nation’s largest hospital company. During his tenure at HCA’s Physician Services division, he was CEO of the Midwest Division-Physician Services and then Vice President-Physician Services, with overall operational responsibility for western and mid-west regions of the U.S. In addition to HCA, he was Executive Director for a 100+ provider, multispecialty physician group in Erie, Pennsylvania, administrator for a multispecialty physician group, and administrator for the Department of OB/Gyn and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston, Texas.
Boatman holds the Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) accreditation from the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA). He received his Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration from the University of Houston – Clear Lake in Houston, Texas. He has been a speaker on financial topics for national healthcare conferences and a lecturer in healthcare administration and medical technology subjects at the University of Houston-Clear Lake, the University of Texas Medical School in Houston and Baylor College of Medicine.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Primary Presenter at Business in Medicine Course, Alaska Regional Hospital, 2003
- Presentation, Collections Plus: A Different Perspective. IDX National Users Group Meeting, 1996
- Mark Ryan Distinguished Lecturer, Graduate Program for Health Care Administration
University of Houston-Clear Lake, Houston, TX, 1995
- Lecturer for Genetics Program, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX, 1991-1993
- Lecturer for the Combined Program for Medical Technology Education
Baylor College of Medicine, 1984-1985
- University of Houston-Clear Lake, Houston, TX, Bachelor of Science, Health Care Administration
- Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE)
- MGMA Superior Performer Award in Collections and Accounts Receivables
- Medical Group Management Association
- American College of Medical Group Administrators
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Analyst, Adamy Valuation Advisors
- Analyst, Stout Risius Ross