Ciara A. Pocino
Ciara Pocino is a Senior Associate in the Denver office.
Ms. Pocino is a Senior Associate in the Denver office where she assists in a wide variety of projects, including the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation and business valuation. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, she served as a Senior Financial Analyst at Cardinal Health.
Ms. Pocino graduated cum laude from Rhodes College where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Commerce and Business with a dual concentration in Finance and Marketing.
- Business Valuation
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Reimbursement Analyses: Analyzing the Impact of Provider Collaboration, co-authored with David Y. Lo, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, September 17, 2020
- Identifying Successful Turnaround Strategies for Struggling Rural Hospitals, poster presentation with Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, Luis A. Argueso, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA. National Rural Health Association 43rd Annual Rural Health Conference, June 17-19, 2020
- Ambulance Arrangements: Swapping FMV for Fortune, co-authored with Hunter A. Wolfel and Luis A. Argueso, April 27, 2020
- Distressed Hospitals – Transactions and Trends, co-authored with Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, March 30, 2020
- Rhodes College, Memphis, TN, cum laude, Bachelor of Arts in Commerce and Business – Majors: Finance and Marketing; Minors: Psychology and Religious Studies
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation – Market Approach (July 2020)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (February 2020)
- OnCourse Learning’s 15-hour course, 2018-2019 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (“USPAP”) (November 2019)
- Chi Omega Fraternity
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cardinal Health, Glastonbury, CT, Senior Financial Analyst
- Southern Growth Studio, Memphis, TN, Intern
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Memphis, TN, Intern
- FedEx Services, Memphis, TN, Strategy Intern
BOCA RATON, Fla., July 9, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, partner with HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, joins the American Health Law Association’s (AHLA) national roster of arbitrators, mediators, and hearing officers....
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG) recently released a Special Fraud Alert aimed at pharmaceutical and device companies that use speaker programs to compensate physicians and...
Author: Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFOn April 29, 2021, the Office of Inspector General (the “OIG”) posted Advisory Opinion No. 21-02, which addressed a request from a health system and management company (the “Requestors”) for review of a proposed...
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Platinum Sponsor of both the virtual and in-person events. This important program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. The planning...
Healthcare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #231. EXPERIENCE EDUCATION, INNOVATION AND CONNECTION TO DRIVE EXCELLENCE. Stay tuned! As we announce an impressive line-up of educational sessions chock-full of tools, case studies and actionable takeaways. The...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Bronze Sponsor of this event. BRINGING THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL REAL ESTATE INTO FOCUS These unprecedented times have intensified change in the rapidly evolving healthcare real estate market, and they require a renewed focus on the...