Ciara A. Pocino
Ciara Pocino is a Senior Associate in the Denver office.
Ms. Pocino is a Senior Associate in the Denver office where she assists in a wide variety of projects, including the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation and business valuation. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, she served as a Senior Financial Analyst at Cardinal Health.
Ms. Pocino graduated cum laude from Rhodes College where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Commerce and Business with a dual concentration in Finance and Marketing.
- Business Valuation
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Reimbursement Analyses: Analyzing the Impact of Provider Collaboration, co-authored with David Y. Lo, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, September 17, 2020
- Identifying Successful Turnaround Strategies for Struggling Rural Hospitals, poster presentation with Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, Luis A. Argueso, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA. National Rural Health Association 43rd Annual Rural Health Conference, June 17-19, 2020
- Ambulance Arrangements: Swapping FMV for Fortune, co-authored with Hunter A. Wolfel and Luis A. Argueso, April 27, 2020
- Distressed Hospitals – Transactions and Trends, co-authored with Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, March 30, 2020
- Rhodes College, Memphis, TN, cum laude, Bachelor of Arts in Commerce and Business – Majors: Finance and Marketing; Minors: Psychology and Religious Studies
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation – Market Approach (July 2020)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (February 2020)
- OnCourse Learning’s 15-hour course, 2018-2019 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (“USPAP”) (November 2019)
- Chi Omega Fraternity
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cardinal Health, Glastonbury, CT, Senior Financial Analyst
- Southern Growth Studio, Memphis, TN, Intern
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Memphis, TN, Intern
- FedEx Services, Memphis, TN, Strategy Intern
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Authors: Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe imaging market in the United States is estimated to generate more than $100 billion annually with radiology practices and imaging centers accounting for approximately $19 billion...
Author: Kevin P. Cassell, ASA and Jim D. Carr, ASA, MBA Download the PDFCompensation plans based solely or predominantly on work relative value unit (“wRVU”) production have commonly been included in the employment agreements of physicians and other providers...
Author: Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFAs government and private payors maintain focus on initiatives to promote and optimize performance-based payment systems, hospitals and health systems have consistently sought to identify new strategies to align themselves...
Featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Luis A. Argueso and Intercept TeleMed President and CEO Diego C. Reino, MD. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m EST HealthCare Appraisers and Intercept TeleMed are pleased to deliver a joint webinar demonstrating the...
May 25 | Webinar: Physician Compensation After 2020 Changes to the Stark Law and Antikickback Statute Regulations: FMV, Commercial Reasonableness, and Volume or Value Standards
A Strafford webinar featuring HealthCare Appraiser's Partner Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. A 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel and compliance...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud sponsor for the 2021 Tennessee Bar Association Annual Convention. Full-Access Registration for the TBA Annual Convention includes in-person access to all major convention events and programs as well as access to additional virtual...
Jun 16 | Webinar: Service Line Co-Management: The Ultimate Sustainable PSA? Creating Legal, Effective, and Lasting Alignment
A 90-minute Strafford CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraiser's Director, Jamie McIntyre, JD. Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. EDTThis CLE webinar will assist hospital and physician group counsel to optimize service line...