Ciara A. Pocino
Ciara Pocino is a Senior Associate in the Denver office.
Ms. Pocino is a Senior Associate in the Denver office where she assists in a wide variety of projects, including the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation and business valuation. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, she served as a Senior Financial Analyst at Cardinal Health.
Ms. Pocino graduated cum laude from Rhodes College where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Commerce and Business with a dual concentration in Finance and Marketing.
- Business Valuation
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Reimbursement Analyses: Analyzing the Impact of Provider Collaboration, co-authored with David Y. Lo, CFA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, September 17, 2020
- Identifying Successful Turnaround Strategies for Struggling Rural Hospitals, poster presentation with Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc, Luis A. Argueso, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA. National Rural Health Association 43rd Annual Rural Health Conference, June 17-19, 2020
- Ambulance Arrangements: Swapping FMV for Fortune, co-authored with Hunter A. Wolfel and Luis A. Argueso, April 27, 2020
- Distressed Hospitals – Transactions and Trends, co-authored with Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, March 30, 2020
- Rhodes College, Memphis, TN, cum laude, Bachelor of Arts in Commerce and Business – Majors: Finance and Marketing; Minors: Psychology and Religious Studies
APPRAISAL AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- American Society of Appraisers’ 30-hour course, BV201: Introduction to Business Valuation – Market Approach (July 2020)
- American Society of Appraisers’ Ethics Exam (February 2020)
- OnCourse Learning’s 15-hour course, 2018-2019 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (“USPAP”) (November 2019)
- Chi Omega Fraternity
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cardinal Health, Glastonbury, CT, Senior Financial Analyst
- Southern Growth Studio, Memphis, TN, Intern
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Memphis, TN, Intern
- FedEx Services, Memphis, TN, Strategy Intern
Authors: Jim Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew Worthington Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS Often, hospitals and health systems do not wish to incur the administrative burden involved in employing the clinical resources needed to cover their...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF Updated February 9, 2021 for the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 The 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule included recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to...
The FMV Impact on Physician Compensation: Physicians Utilizing Advance Practice Professionals in Global Surgery Settings
Authors: Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF As the general population continues to outpace the number of practicing physicians in the United States, the way healthcare is delivered will continue to evolve to meet demand. One...
Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF Healthcare spending in the United States has been consistently touted as disproportionately high when juxtaposed with certain healthcare outcome measures, including life expectancy and infant...
Authors: Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF As with all sectors of healthcare, the lab industry has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19. In addition to COVID-19, the industry is dealing with reimbursement...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Tuesday, March 2, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. EDT The Medicare Physician Fee Schedule changes have been finalized and the Consolidated Appropriations Act softened the short-term...
Healthcare Appraisers' is a proud sponsor for the 2021 DLA Piper Healthcare Leadership Conference A roadmap to recovery and reimagining healthcare in a COVID-19 world DLA Piper’s 2021 Healthcare Leadership Conference – The roadmap to recovery and reimagining...
Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea, M. Ferrari, JD, MPH will be speaking with Michael D. Bossenbroek, Senior Associate General Counsel at Beaumont Health. Looking Back and Looking Ahead at Physician Compensation COVID-19 disrupted health care in unfathomable ways,...
A 30-minute demonstration featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:00 p.m. EST (allow 60 min on calendar) See firsthand how online FMV calculators provide instant FMV guidance for physician recruiters and...