C.J. Laird, MEd
C.J. Laird is a Manager in the Baton Rouge office.
Laird’s practice at HealthCare Appraisers focuses on the valuation and analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. He received a Master of Education degree in Educational Administration from Lamar University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in the Humanities from Florida State University. Prior to joining Healthcare Appraisers, Laird served as Principal of Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic School in Baton Rouge, where he directed all educational, operational and financial facets of the school.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- The FMV Implication of Physician Benefits, April 26, 2022
- The Regulatory Implication of Employee On-Site Healthcare, January 10, 2022
- A Glimpse at the Future of Healthcare Regulation (co-author with Brandon J. Billeaudeau, MPA) October 15, 2019.
- Trends in Dental Practice Management: Dental Support Organizations (co-author with Brandon J. Billeaudeau, MPA) September 2019.
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, Master of Education – Educational Administration
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, Bachelor of Arts – Humanities
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic School, Baton Rouge, LA, Principal
- St. Gerard Majella Catholic School, Baton Rouge, LA, Interim Administrative Principal
Authors: Landon Forsythe, Matthew Muller, ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDFThe healthcare industry is an economic sector that is constantly facing unique challenges. The industry is highly regulated with rules that frequently shift in a manner that...
Authors: Ciara A. Kerney, Hunter A. Wolfel, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF OVERVIEW Over the years, HealthCare Appraisers has analyzed numerous medical transport arrangements. While it is hard to miss the warning sounds of an approaching ambulance, the...
Authors: Landon Forsythe and Jamie McIntyre, JD Download the PDFA growing interest in hospital-provider alignment, coupled with the desire to establish meaningful mechanisms for provider accountability related to hospital quality, efficiency, and patient outcomes,...
Authors: Cecelia R. Chavez, AM, Chris Vaughan, MBA, ABV, and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION The women’s health industry has experienced significant growth and transformation in recent decades, driven by demographic and population trends,...
Are Your Full-Time Providers Truly 1.0 FTEs? The Importance of Developing Best Practices When Using Healthcare Provider Compensation Surveys
Authors: Emily A. Rodriguez, MBA and Nicole Jacobsen, JD, MBA, LLM Download the PDFOriginally published in the American Association of Provider Compensation Professionals Bulletin on August 1, 2023. OVERVIEW The use of healthcare provider compensation data...