Bill H. McCollister, MBA, CVA
Bill McCollister is a Director in the Nashville office.
McCollister specializes in the determination of fair market value compensation provided under physician employment and professional services arrangements. Prior to joining HAI, he served as a financial analyst for Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) in New Orleans, LA, and the manager of financial analysis and reporting for Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Baton Rouge, LA. Before entering the healthcare industry, McCollister was an internal auditor for Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company in Athens, Greece, where he provided strategic operational improvement and risk assessment services to Coca-Cola and its affiliates throughout Eastern Europe.
McCollister is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) from the National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts. He earned a Master’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance, as well as a Bachelor of Science in International Trade and Finance, from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- WPresentation – Utilizing GE Centricity’s Reflect as a TQM Improvement Tool, Unlimited Systems’ Annual Reflect Summit, Cincinnati, Ohio (May 2010).
- Louisiana State University, Master of Business Administration, Finance
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Science, International Trade and Finance
- Completed the class and exam for the National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts’ (NACVA) 45-hour certification course for Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA), 2010.
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) (candidate), National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Financial Analyst, HCA Physician Services, New Orleans, LA
- Manager of Financial Analysis and Reporting, Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, Baton Rouge, LA
- Internal Auditor, Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company, Athens, Greece
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Author: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH and Jamie McIntyre, JD Originally published by the American Health Lawyers Association in the October 2019 Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law. ABSTRACT: In 21st century health care, the nature and terms of contracts...
Author: Robert Kurtz with Commentary from Matthew J. Muller, ASA. Published by The ASCA Journal October 2019. The ASC industry is a hotbed of transaction activity. That activity is helping to drive up the value of facilities and likely spurring the development...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Kristina Kheyfets and David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF A recent ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit may put new focus on the importance of documenting fair market value (“FMV”) in transactions between...
Authors: C.J. Laird, MEd and Brandon J. Billeaudeau, MPA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) issued preliminary proposed changes to the Physician Self-Referral Law (“Stark Law”) and the Federal Anti-Kickback...
Jan 23 | Webinar: Structuring Healthcare Management Arrangements: Corporate Practice of Medicine, Regulatory Compliance
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers’ Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:00pm-2:30pm EST, 10:00am-11:30am PST This CLE webinar will provide guidance to counsel involved in structuring healthcare...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ABA 17th Annual Washington Health Law Summit – December 9-10, Washington, DC Presenting: Chip Hutzler, PartnerPresentation Title: All Things Stark in 2019 Whether you are in-house counsel, in private practice, a...