Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA
Adam Polsky is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Polsky has more than 25 years of experience in healthcare management and consulting for private and public healthcare organizations. During his tenure at HealthCare Appraisers, he has focused on valuing a wide array of compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he served as the Administrator for plastic/reconstructive surgery and OB/GYN & Infertility physician group practices as well as a Senior Consultant for a major national healthcare consulting company. During this time, Polsky was able to leverage his broad healthcare background in handling a wide variety of engagements, including revenue cycle and performance improvement initiatives, as well as all aspects of practice management including operations, human resources, billing, marketing and customer service.
Polsky holds a Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration and has handled engagements for hospitals and health systems, large physician group practices, ambulatory surgery centers, and a regional blood bank center.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: Deploying Advanced Practice Providers in Call Coverage Arrangements – What Does It Mean for FMV?, with Berta Narhona, November 12, 2019
- On-Call Coverage Compensations & Structures: Know the Options (co-author Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA) September 23, 2019
- Webinar – Call Coverage: Version 2.0, co-presented with Scott Safriet, MBA, CVA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. and Robert Homchick, Esq, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP, hosted by Health Care Compliance Assn (HCCA), February 8, 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: Ancillary Factors to Consider in Call Coverage Arrangements, author, January 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: On-Call Compensation for Hospital-Employed Physicians, author, July 2013.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Reaffirms Call Coverage Guidance, author, September 2012.
- Trends: Innovation, Collaboration – Neurosurgeon Crisis Averted, contributing expert Florida Trend, Volume 54, Number 6, September 2011.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Provides New Guidance For On-Call Arrangements, author, June 2010
- Baruch College/Mount Sinai School of Medicine, MBA in Healthcare Administration
- State University of New York at Albany, BA in Mathematics
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSOINAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Partners in Women’s Health, Jupiter, FL (an OB/GYN and infertility physician group practice)
- Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young LLP Healthcare Consulting, New York, NY
- Administrator, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Administrative Intern, Admitting Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Series 7 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 55 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 63 Financial designation (inactive)
BOCA RATON, Fla., July 9, 2021 – Andrea Ferrari, JD, MPH, partner with HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., a national healthcare valuation and advisory firm, joins the American Health Law Association’s (AHLA) national roster of arbitrators, mediators, and hearing officers....
Author: David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDFThe Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG) recently released a Special Fraud Alert aimed at pharmaceutical and device companies that use speaker programs to compensate physicians and...
Author: Fred M. Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDFOn April 29, 2021, the Office of Inspector General (the “OIG”) posted Advisory Opinion No. 21-02, which addressed a request from a health system and management company (the “Requestors”) for review of a proposed...
HealthCare Appraisers Releases 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys – Timely Insight into the Trends and Forces Shaping the ASC Industry
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 6th – HealthCare Appraisers, a leading healthcare valuation and advisory firm with offices nationwide, released its comprehensive 2021 Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. Research from these surveys reveal data...
HealthCare Appraisers' clients, please contact your representative for a complimentary copy of the 2021 ASC Valuation and Benchmarking Surveys. These surveys have become widely-utilized and valuable industry resources over the years, and we hope you enjoy the...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Platinum Sponsor of both the virtual and in-person events. This important program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. The planning...
Healthcare Appraisers will be exhibiting at booth #231. EXPERIENCE EDUCATION, INNOVATION AND CONNECTION TO DRIVE EXCELLENCE. Stay tuned! As we announce an impressive line-up of educational sessions chock-full of tools, case studies and actionable takeaways. The...
Healthcare Appraisers is a proud Bronze Sponsor of this event. BRINGING THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL REAL ESTATE INTO FOCUS These unprecedented times have intensified change in the rapidly evolving healthcare real estate market, and they require a renewed focus on the...