Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA
Adam Polsky is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Polsky has more than 25 years of experience in healthcare management and consulting for private and public healthcare organizations. During his tenure at HealthCare Appraisers, he has focused on valuing a wide array of compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he served as the Administrator for plastic/reconstructive surgery and OB/GYN & Infertility physician group practices as well as a Senior Consultant for a major national healthcare consulting company. During this time, Polsky was able to leverage his broad healthcare background in handling a wide variety of engagements, including revenue cycle and performance improvement initiatives, as well as all aspects of practice management including operations, human resources, billing, marketing and customer service.
Polsky holds a Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration and has handled engagements for hospitals and health systems, large physician group practices, ambulatory surgery centers, and a regional blood bank center.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: Deploying Advanced Practice Providers in Call Coverage Arrangements – What Does It Mean for FMV?, with Berta Narhona, November 12, 2019
- On-Call Coverage Compensations & Structures: Know the Options (co-author Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA) September 23, 2019
- Webinar – Call Coverage: Version 2.0, co-presented with Scott Safriet, MBA, CVA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. and Robert Homchick, Esq, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP, hosted by Health Care Compliance Assn (HCCA), February 8, 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: Ancillary Factors to Consider in Call Coverage Arrangements, author, January 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: On-Call Compensation for Hospital-Employed Physicians, author, July 2013.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Reaffirms Call Coverage Guidance, author, September 2012.
- Trends: Innovation, Collaboration – Neurosurgeon Crisis Averted, contributing expert Florida Trend, Volume 54, Number 6, September 2011.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Provides New Guidance For On-Call Arrangements, author, June 2010
- Baruch College/Mount Sinai School of Medicine, MBA in Healthcare Administration
- State University of New York at Albany, BA in Mathematics
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSOINAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Partners in Women’s Health, Jupiter, FL (an OB/GYN and infertility physician group practice)
- Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young LLP Healthcare Consulting, New York, NY
- Administrator, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Administrative Intern, Admitting Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Series 7 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 55 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 63 Financial designation (inactive)
Authors: Jim Carr, ASA, MBA and Andrew Worthington Download the PDF HOSPITAL-BASED CLINICAL COVERAGE ARRANGEMENTS Often, hospitals and health systems do not wish to incur the administrative burden involved in employing the clinical resources needed to cover their...
Authors: Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA Download the PDF Updated February 9, 2021 for the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 The 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule included recommendations by the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) to...
The FMV Impact on Physician Compensation: Physicians Utilizing Advance Practice Professionals in Global Surgery Settings
Authors: Barbara Landy, MBA, MHS, FACHE, NHA and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF As the general population continues to outpace the number of practicing physicians in the United States, the way healthcare is delivered will continue to evolve to meet demand. One...
Mandated Hospital Disclosure of Negotiated Rates and Its Potential Impact on Fair Market Value (FMV) Analyses
Authors: Erica Jacobovits, JD, and Kevin Obletz, JD Download the PDF Healthcare spending in the United States has been consistently touted as disproportionately high when juxtaposed with certain healthcare outcome measures, including life expectancy and infant...
Authors: Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA, Matthew J. Muller, ASA, and Daniel I. Levin, CFA, ASA Download the PDF As with all sectors of healthcare, the lab industry has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19. In addition to COVID-19, the industry is dealing with reimbursement...
A live webinar featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Tuesday, March 2, 2021 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. EDT The Medicare Physician Fee Schedule changes have been finalized and the Consolidated Appropriations Act softened the short-term...
Healthcare Appraisers' is a proud sponsor for the 2021 DLA Piper Healthcare Leadership Conference A roadmap to recovery and reimagining healthcare in a COVID-19 world DLA Piper’s 2021 Healthcare Leadership Conference – The roadmap to recovery and reimagining...
Healthcare Appraisers' Partner Andrea, M. Ferrari, JD, MPH will be speaking with Michael D. Bossenbroek, Senior Associate General Counsel at Beaumont Health. Looking Back and Looking Ahead at Physician Compensation COVID-19 disrupted health care in unfathomable ways,...
A 30-minute demonstration featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Director, Nicholas A. Newsad, MHSA. Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:00 p.m. EST (allow 60 min on calendar) See firsthand how online FMV calculators provide instant FMV guidance for physician recruiters and...