Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA
Adam Polsky is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Polsky has more than 25 years of experience in healthcare management and consulting for private and public healthcare organizations. During his tenure at HealthCare Appraisers, he has focused on valuing a wide array of compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he served as the Administrator for plastic/reconstructive surgery and OB/GYN & Infertility physician group practices as well as a Senior Consultant for a major national healthcare consulting company. During this time, Polsky was able to leverage his broad healthcare background in handling a wide variety of engagements, including revenue cycle and performance improvement initiatives, as well as all aspects of practice management including operations, human resources, billing, marketing and customer service.
Polsky holds a Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration and has handled engagements for hospitals and health systems, large physician group practices, ambulatory surgery centers, and a regional blood bank center.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- On-Call Coverage Compensations & Structures: Know the Options (co-author Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA) September 23, 2019
- Webinar – Call Coverage: Version 2.0, co-presented with Scott Safriet, MBA, CVA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. and Robert Homchick, Esq, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP, hosted by Health Care Compliance Assn (HCCA), February 8, 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: Ancillary Factors to Consider in Call Coverage Arrangements, author, January 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: On-Call Compensation for Hospital-Employed Physicians, author, July 2013.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Reaffirms Call Coverage Guidance, author, September 2012.
- Trends: Innovation, Collaboration – Neurosurgeon Crisis Averted, contributing expert Florida Trend, Volume 54, Number 6, September 2011.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Provides New Guidance For On-Call Arrangements, author, June 2010
- Baruch College/Mount Sinai School of Medicine, MBA in Healthcare Administration
- State University of New York at Albany, BA in Mathematics
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSOINAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Partners in Women’s Health, Jupiter, FL (an OB/GYN and infertility physician group practice)
- Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young LLP Healthcare Consulting, New York, NY
- Administrator, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Administrative Intern, Admitting Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Series 7 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 55 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 63 Financial designation (inactive)
Author: Berta Narohna and Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA Download the PDFOn-call coverage for hospital emergency departments and unassigned inpatients has historically been provided mostly or exclusively by physicians. Increasingly, call coverage now involves use of...
Author: Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH and Jamie McIntyre, JD Originally published by the American Health Lawyers Association in the October 2019 Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law. ABSTRACT: In 21st century health care, the nature and terms of contracts...
Author: Robert Kurtz with Commentary from Matthew J. Muller, ASA. Published by The ASCA Journal October 2019. The ASC industry is a hotbed of transaction activity. That activity is helping to drive up the value of facilities and likely spurring the development...
Authors: Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA, Kristina Kheyfets and David W. Sands, CVA Download the PDF A recent ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit may put new focus on the importance of documenting fair market value (“FMV”) in transactions between...
Authors: C.J. Laird, MEd and Brandon J. Billeaudeau, MPA Download the PDF On October 9, 2019, the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) issued preliminary proposed changes to the Physician Self-Referral Law (“Stark Law”) and the Federal Anti-Kickback...
November 14 | Narrowing the Rural Health Disparity Gap: Success in Using ACOs and Integrated Care Models
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern (90 minutes)Format: Live WebinarTopic: Narrowing the Rural Health Disparity Gap: Success in Using ACO’s and Integrated Care Models Featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Partner Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. In the third and final webinar in the...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: AHLA Fundamentals of Health Law Forum – November 17-19, Chicago, IL Presenting: Chip Hutzler, PartnerPresentation Title: Fundamentals of Health Care Valuation for Lawyers The AHLA Fundamentals of Health Law...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: ABA 17th Annual Washington Health Law Summit – December 9-10, Washington, DC Presenting: Chip Hutzler, PartnerPresentation Title: All Things Stark in 2019 Whether you are in-house counsel, in private practice, a...