Adam S. Polsky, MBA, CVA
Adam Polsky is a Partner in the Boca Raton office.
Polsky has more than 25 years of experience in healthcare management and consulting for private and public healthcare organizations. During his tenure at HealthCare Appraisers, he has focused on valuing a wide array of compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he served as the Administrator for plastic/reconstructive surgery and OB/GYN & Infertility physician group practices as well as a Senior Consultant for a major national healthcare consulting company. During this time, Polsky was able to leverage his broad healthcare background in handling a wide variety of engagements, including revenue cycle and performance improvement initiatives, as well as all aspects of practice management including operations, human resources, billing, marketing and customer service.
Polsky holds a Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration and has handled engagements for hospitals and health systems, large physician group practices, ambulatory surgery centers, and a regional blood bank center.
- Compensation Valuation
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- FMVantage Point: Deploying Advanced Practice Providers in Call Coverage Arrangements – What Does It Mean for FMV?, with Berta Narhona, November 12, 2019
- On-Call Coverage Compensations & Structures: Know the Options (co-author Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA) September 23, 2019
- Webinar – Call Coverage: Version 2.0, co-presented with Scott Safriet, MBA, CVA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. and Robert Homchick, Esq, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP, hosted by Health Care Compliance Assn (HCCA), February 8, 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: Ancillary Factors to Consider in Call Coverage Arrangements, author, January 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: On-Call Compensation for Hospital-Employed Physicians, author, July 2013.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Reaffirms Call Coverage Guidance, author, September 2012.
- Trends: Innovation, Collaboration – Neurosurgeon Crisis Averted, contributing expert Florida Trend, Volume 54, Number 6, September 2011.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Provides New Guidance For On-Call Arrangements, author, June 2010
- Baruch College/Mount Sinai School of Medicine, MBA in Healthcare Administration
- State University of New York at Albany, BA in Mathematics
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
PRIOR PROFESSOINAL AFFILIATIONS
- Administrator, Partners in Women’s Health, Jupiter, FL (an OB/GYN and infertility physician group practice)
- Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young LLP Healthcare Consulting, New York, NY
- Administrator, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Administrative Intern, Admitting Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Series 7 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 55 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 63 Financial designation (inactive)
Featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH Time: 90 minutesSession Format: On Demand RecordingCLE Credit Available: No Recently the government issued blanket Stark waivers and Anti-Kickback guidance related to COVID-19 physician arrangements. This...
Authors: Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA; Matthew J. Muller, ASA and Jordan A. Zoeller, MAcc Download the PDFThe Financial Accounting Standards Board (“FASB”) enacted a change in how companies should (or will) record liabilities from operating leases in Accounting Standards...
Authors: Matthew J. Muller, ASA, Anusha Patni, MSAQF and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF INTRODUCTION Specialty pharmacies, which once occupied only a small niche in the pharmacy marketplace, are now a sizeable part of the broader pharmacy industry. In...
Authors: David Y. Lo, CFA, Matthew J. Muller ASA and Nicholas J. Janiga, ASA Download the PDF Emerging as an essential tool in the efforts to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the telemedicine industry is expected to reach $155 billion, growing at a compound...
Authors: Kristina Kheyfets, David Sands, CVA and Fred Lara, CFA, ASA, CVA Download the PDF As COVID-19 continues to financially disrupt healthcare organizations across the nation, clinical laboratories of all sizes have played a vital role ramping up to meet the...
Legal and Regulatory Issues for CINs, Organizational Structure, Governance, and More A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A featuring HealthCare Appraisers' Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH. Tuesday, August 18, 2020 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT, 10:00am-11:30am PDT This...
Healthcare Appraisers is proud to serve as the Program Sponsor for the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum. This program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. This program...
HEALTHCARE APPRAISERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE AT: November 2-4 | San Diego, CA SMART STRATEGIES FOR FUTURE SUCCESS Knowing what's on the horizon in healthcare real estate is essential for pursuing a sound, profitable strategy. You need the latest information to stay...